Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 19, 2013

Spotted: New Sinful Colors shades

I've got several Sinful Colors reader-sightings to share with you today, so let's get right into it!

First up, reader fifilan shared some info on the You Tell Me page a few days ago that I wanted to share here in case you missed it. Fifilan spotted a small display at Rite Aid last week that contained what appears to be two new shades! The first is Taupe It Off (1328) and fifilan describes Taupe It Off  it as very similar to Sinful Colors Stella, which you know I have been wanting ever since I first posted about it back in 2011! Stella was only available at Meijer and it's also popped up at random Dollar Trees over the past year, but I have yet to see it in person. Fifilan also spotted another new shade in the same display called Black Cherry, which she described as a "dark, almost black, vampy cherry red/burgundy color. So be on the lookout for those at Rite Aid!

UPDATE: There is one more new shade now popping up at Rite Aid called Simply Silver. Click here to see the display. This collection is called Tough Love and contains Taupe It Off, Black Cherry and Simply Silver.

UPDATE 2: There are even more new shades now popping up at Walmart. Click here to see.

Next up, reader Jessy Mae spotted a new Sinful Colors glitterbomb called Pride (1309) tucked in a random display at Walgreens the other day. Jessy Mae was nice enough to share pics and even comparison swatches with other similar glitter polishes:

image credit: Jessy Mae for Nouveau Cheap
Sinful Colors Pride

image credit: Jessy Mae for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Jessy Mae for Nouveau Cheap

In the pic above, Jessy Mae swatched Pride over Sinful Colors Glimmer on all of her fingers except for her ring finger. On her ring finger she applied two coats of Pride (no base color).

image credit: Jessy Mae for Nouveau Cheap
Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday, Pure Ice It's Complicated, Sinful Colors Pride, Milani Gems

image credit: Jessy Mae for Nouveau Cheap

Jessy Mae also swatched all four shades on a wheel for us, for comparison (thanks again for this comparison, Jessy Mae--so helpful!).

Sidenote: I obviously don't know if this was intentional, but "Pride" seems like a nice shout-out to the LGBT community, considering that this is a rainbow glitter!

Next up, here's a sighting from reader Ashley:

image credit: Ashley for Nouveau Cheap

Ashley (@nailsagogo on Instagram) spotted the new Break The Ice display at her local Walmart (I believe that makes four different holiday displays from Sinful Colors this season, in case anyone's keeping track!). 

I'll give you a breakdown of what's new and what's not in this display in a moment, but first, Ashley shared some pics of the different nail art tutorials that are featured on this display, and the shades that were used for each:

image credit: Ashley for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Ashley for Nouveau Cheap
Dream On (not new), Sapphired Up (not new)

image credit: Ashley for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Ashley for Nouveau Cheap
Palm Breezy (NEW), Nail Junkie (not new), Ciao Bella (not new)

image credit: Ashley for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: Ashley for Nouveau Cheap
Gilded (not new), Sugar Sugar (not new)

Ashley let me know that Sinful Colors actually has this the Break The Ice collection posted on their website but, oddly enough, they don't include the NEW shades that are in this display in their graphic:

image source: sinfulcolors.com

All of the shaded listed above are either repromotes from the permanent line or limited edition reprmotes from the Holiday 2013 Decorate Decadently Collection.

As you can see, Palm Breezy, which is new (see Ashley's bottle shot above) is not listed in the Sinful Colors image above. And if you're wondering if there might be any other NEW shades in this display, here's where reader JoeyL05 comes in! JoeyL05 commented on the You Tell Me page the other day about this collection and confirmed that, in addition to Palm Breezy, there's ONE MORE new shade in the Break The Ice collection.

JoeyL05 writes:
I found a Sinful Colors Display at Walmart today that was mostly the same colors as the Decorate Decadently Collection at Walgreens but it had two colors I've never seen before: Garden Party (looks like a slightly bluer, slightly darker, slightly more cream version of Irish Green) and Palm Breezy (teal foil).

So to summarize, all of the new Sinful Colors shades that have been spotted by the lovely readers above are as follows:
  • Simply Silver (silver metallic foil - click here to see)
  • Taupe It Off (similar to Sinful Colors Stella - click here to see)
  • Black Cherry (vampy almost-black red - click here to see)
  • Pride (glitterbomb in the same vein as Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday)
  • Palm Breezy (teal foil--click here for a swatch)
  • Garden Party (teal-ish green creme--click here for a swatch)

Thanks so very much to readers fifilan, Jessy Mae, Ashley and JoeyL05 for all of the information and photos featured in this post. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help in figuring this all out!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I still haven't found the Sinful Colors Crystal Crush polishes at any of my local stores. Has anyone seen these out in the wild? I really want Treasure Chest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali I've seen them everywhere! Rite aid, Harmon, Walgreens.

      Delete
    2. Nope, I am in central Ohio and have stalked Walgreens for it, and no sign of them. Tho right now all the prime real estate for nail displays is currently full of perfume sets for the holidays. There is no Rite Aid around here, so I got tired of waiting and asked a very nice person out of state to get them for me, and they arrive tmw!! :D So I fully expect to see them next time I go to Walgreens, you know how that goes....!

      Delete
  2. I just picked up Pride tonight. It's so dense and glittery it was irresistible. Also picked up Blue By You, a pretty blue shimmery shade which I guess isn't new but it was new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pride is the best looking color in the comparison. It needs to come home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I love that it's not just a glitter topcoat! Thanks to Jessy Mae for the swatches! Ps- thanks to all the ladies for sharing! :)

      Delete
  4. I picked up Pride yesterday at Walgreens, and Garden Party last week at Walmart. Love this new green, it's unlike any other green I have, and i have a lot!!! They are both amazing. :-) I still can't find the "Spice it up" newbies, I want both Hot Chili and Sagerose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really, really hope that SC naming that rainbow glitter "Pride" was a deliberate choice and not just a happy coincidence. I'd love to add one more entry to my list of reasons to adore that brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I keep thinking, "How could it NOT be a shout-out??" but then again, some polish shade names seem so random. I hope it is. :)

      Delete
    2. I agree too! Must find Pride! I love it and hope it is in support of the LGBT community. It is a beautiful polish for sure. Thanks for the awesome pics. :D

      Delete
    3. I agree too! Oh, and if anyone has an unreasonable love for blue polishes like I do, you NEED Ciao Bella. Rivals polishes that cost 4-5x as much.

      Delete
  6. (I see Hottie on that display --- I just wanted to declare my odd and inexplicable love for that one, I not only have a backup but buy every dupe of it I see...I assume OPI Last Friday Night was the original..but at this point I have like 7 diff brands of it or something!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the app Evernote to keep track of the new SC shades so I'll know what is new and what's to pass on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY need Garden Party after seeing those swatches. I also wouldn't mind picking up Taupe it Off, as I love nudie-browns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how garden party compares to sally hansen kiwi bikini...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hoping that Black Cherry comes to Walgreens near me! I like the description of it! I tried finding some of the Sinful ones with the spy names on them and couldn't find them and plus the WalMart near me doesn't have very much of Sinful, but they do have a lot of Pure Ice! (Which I am wearing Icy Splash, well what's left of it with China Glaze's Liquid Crystal over it to give a ice look for a convention I went to with my costume.) I have so many Sinful nail polishes, it's not even funny but I do like that Palmy one since I like teal polishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wohoo! I've been helpful lol! Just another heads up, Pride is now on a small counter display at my Walgreens called Be Bold (I think? It was Bold something...) and Georgio is in the same display.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found Pride today and it is amazing in person...so excited!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig