Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 13, 2013

Sneak Peek: NEW L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup (and more)


This morning, reader @mirandaluxx on Instagram alerted me to the fact that L'Oreal posted a sneak peek of their newest foundation, which is a liquid powder. You can see the full bottle shot and description here.  It's called Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 18 and on their Instagram page, L'Oreal refers to it as their "un-makeup makep."

I don't know for sure, but I seem to recall that years ago, another drugstore brand made a liquid powder type of foundation. I feel like it was in the 80s...does anyone remember that or am I losing it?? I'm curious if this new L'Oreal product will be like a liquid foundation but with a powdery consistency, or more like a powder that has a slightly wet feel (like the Revlon and Almay aqua powders from 2010)? Hum...

@mirandaluxx also alerted me to the fact that over on Nylon Magazine's Instagram, they ALSO previewed some brand new L'Oreal products. You can see the photo here. Clockwise from the left, the products are called Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Glow Renewal (cream),  Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Glow Renewal (serum), Youth Code Texture Perfector (lotion) and Youth Code Texture Pefector (cream).

So...what do you all think about this new liquid powder foundation?

Thanks so much for the heads-up about these new L'Oreal products, @mirandaluxx!
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. there was a brand called alexandra de markoff that did this in the 80s. I hope the loreal is an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Alexandra de Markoff was a powder in oil foundation and was around for at least 20 years - 70s and 80s. It was for "very mature" skin - lol!

      Delete
  2. Could it be a dupe or drug store equivalent to Giorgio "Maestro" which kind of has a liquid powder feel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. I was wondering when Loreal would come out with something like it.

      Delete
    2. That would make sense since L'oreal owns Giorgio Armani.

      Delete
  3. I would be really interested in this because it sounds a lot like the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. Can't wait to try this out because it would be much more affordable than the Hourglass foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing I was thinking. I looooved the formula besides the horrible fact that it oxidized on me so badly. Hope this is similar but without that problem!

      Delete
  4. I guess when the name "Nearly Naked" is already taken then un-makeup makeup & bare skin are what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think back to the Prescriptives liquid powder foundation back in the 90's. I think they brought it back online even though the stores are closed. Was it called Magic? Their matte foundations also had a very liquid powdery feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't Maybelline's Wonder Finish a liquid to powder formula? I'm curious about this new version from L'Oreal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a mouthful. Interesting concept and since I don't pay attention to higher end brands very much, such as the ones mentioned by others, it does seem like an interesting concept! Also a huge bottle. Reminds me of Bath & Body Works cologne bottles for men. Btw, be careful with those; glass and all. My boyfriend accidentally shattered one in his bathroom. What is it with glass packaging on foundation??? It's heavy and breakable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because plastic lets air in and isn't 100% airtight. ;)

      Delete
    2. I'm always afraid I'll break the bottle and get foundation everywhere though! It's also a pain to travel with if that's your favorite particular foundation. :/

      Delete
    3. Try the travelo I think it's called. You can pump like 10 - 20 uses into one and they are made of stainless steel.

      Delete
  8. Doesn't it look like there's a precipitate line in the Liquid Powder? How cool would it be to have a drugstore cousin to Erno Laszlo's Shake It?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I wonder if this is the cheaper version of that new Armani Maestro foundation. Not exactly a foundation, but a light skin perfector made up of oils and pigment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loreal had a liquid powder foundation not too long ago that they discontinued!! It was so good and silky and matte but not flat looking. It was called Cashmere Silk or something like that I can't remember but it def had the word cashmere in it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember a Coty Airspun liquid powder foundation that I loved in the 80s. It was the only drugstore brand with a light enough shade to match my super pale skin...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used a Clinique liquid>powder foundation. It had a matte finish. I can't recall the name, but it was great for my shiny T-zone.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig