Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, December 28, 2012

Spotted: New NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms and Big Bold Pumping Lip Glosses

I'm in cute overload right now, my lovelies! NYC just released new Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms that are tinted and have little apples on them. What? Yeah, these are too adorable.

Also, they have a new line of glosses called Big Bold Pumping Lip Gloss. Reader Tara spotted the display at her local CVS and was nice enough to share some pics and info.

NOTE: these are not limited edition products. They are new Spring 2013 releases for the NYC permanent collection.

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

New NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms and Big Bold Pumping Lip Glosses
(retail: $3.99 each at CVS)

Keep reading for lots of pics...

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 
Tara writes:
The Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms all have three shades in them!  There is one shade which is in the shape of an apple in the center, another shade in a ring around the apple, and a third shade around that!  They are so crazy cute!  I took photos of all the shades of the Appleicious Glossy Lip Balms looking into the top of the balms so you could see what they looked like.

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
As Tara indicated, the "apple" contains one shade, and then there is a ring of another shade around the apple (a little difficult to see in some of these pics) and then another ring of color around that one, for three shades total in each tube.

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

Pics of some of the shades in the new Big Bold Pumping Lip Gloss range:

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap 

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap

As with the new NYC nail colors and new eyeshadow trios, these seem to be popping up at CVS right now, and hopefully that means they'll appear at Rite Aid and Kmart soon as well. What do you think? I think I need to get my hands on these Applelicious Glossy Lip Balms STAT.

Thanks so much, Tara, for all the great pics and info!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Ooh, excited for the gloss balms. Not that I need ANOTHER gloss/balm product but the apple is so cute and the price is right...it feels inevitable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this display at a local CVS but they were high up on a shelf where I couldn't see them. I'm looking forward to getting a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm more excited about the fact that these cuties are permanent...because this means I can go after them whenever I want! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these today as well! Too bad I couldn't reach the display, it was so high up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy! Sign me up! I need to get my butt to Rite Aid and start stalking these and the new nail colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked up Caramel Apple at CVS, not having heard about them yet, and I am disappointed. I thought the outer color (I only see 2 colors in the tubes, not the 3 Tara was talking about, so I'm not sure if something changed with these since this was posted?) would have a lot more pigment to it, on my hand the heavy swatch barely shows any color and on my lips is only a barely-noticeable shimmer. I am considering exchanging it for a darker color, except I'd really like a pinky-brown and for the darker colors all I can find are reds and pinks. My CVS only has 5 or 6 shades right now. :pout:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picked one up at Wal-Mart today. I was also sucked in by the cuteness of these and great price (under $3, don't remember exact amount)Like another poster said, I didn't NEED this because I have a ton of glosses, balms, and tints already but they were too cute to pass up. I got shade 354 Apple Blossom, which I felt was in the middle of the shade range and really like it. There is a very slight whisper of apple scent to it, and it gives just a hint of color to the lip. It is a nice balmy consistency, not too glossy, just enough. I am not noticing three colors in it though. Just the outer color and the apple in the middle, no middle "ring".

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig