Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 17, 2012

Spotted in Canada: New Almay intense i-color primer + shadow, eyeliner and mascara collection

Reader Rachel recently spotted some new Almay intense i-color products at her local London Drugs in Canada and was nice enough to share (I have no idea when these will hit the US). Let's take a peek!

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap  
New Almay intense i-color collection

Keep reading for more pics...

  
image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap 
  
Each product comes in four shades. Rachel said that all of these products retailed for $9.99 CAD each:

 
image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap  
 Almay intense i-color defining liner in onyx for brown eyes, charcoal for blue eyes, teal for hazel eyes and mocha for green eyes

 
image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap  
 Almay intense i-color volumizing mascara in mocha for green eyes, midnight for hazel eyes, plum for brown eyes and sapphire for blue eyes.

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap  
Almay intense i-color liquid shadow + color primer for green eyes, for brown eyes, for hazel eyes and for blue eyes 

As Rachel pointed out, these look similar to the CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast Primer + Shadows, but the Almay version comes in four shades (the CoverGirl version comes in six shades). 

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap   

Again, this is a Canadian display, so I have no idea if we'll get testers when this collection hits the US (I sure hope so, though!).

Are you an Almay fan? Are you excited to try any of these products when they land in the US? If you're in Canada, have you spotted this collection in person yet?

Thanks so much, Rachel, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I was at a Target today in New England and saw these items as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you, Mary!! That's great to know!! :)

      Delete
  2. I live in Indiana and these products were just put on display this week at my Target. Unfortunately though - no testers :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never understood why they keep making green products for green eyes. I love green shadows, don't get me wrong.. but purple, pink, and orange are the colors that make them pop, not green. I just buy whatever ones I want anyway, lol.. but I'm sure it frustrates a lot of people who do not know better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree! You are supposed to use the opposite color of your eye color to make them pop. But all these makeup companies always want blue eyes to wear blue and brown eyes wear brown, etc.

      Delete
  4. Almay is such a boring cosmetic brand. They don't change up anything. The same goes for covergirl. They don't recreate formulas or have NEW innovative ideas for makeup. Maybelline and Loreal have stepped it big time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen these at Target in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was this at the London Drugs in Vancouver? I just saw the display this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be wrong but it seems to me the bottom picture with the testers has the green and brown selections reversed. The top photo shows the green eye package with the more coppery color shadow and the brown eye picture with the more mossy green shadow. These make much more "beauty sense" too. Me thinks whoever put out the testers color coded them without reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited to try the Almay Liquid Shadow & Color Primers (I live in Canada, so hopefully I can find these soon). I loved the Almay Bright Eyes Color Cream Shadow (in the metal squeeze tubes) but of course they discontinued them! I do quite like the Cover Girl ShadowBlast Shadow, it does help my powder shadow last longer, but I wish they had darker shades - and now it looks like maybe Almay has a couple of deeper shades!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, I love almays trios for brown and hazel eyes.. The hazel palette with the "smoky" colors is my absolute favorite.. But I never paired the palettes with any of the other products in the line, because I don't care for colored mascaras, I have dark brown hair, and any mascara other than black makes me look washed out..also I'm not a fan of liquid shadows.. Yet.. Those liquid shadows would be the only item I'd try :) thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have green blue eyes I love the blue or amethyst colors black and brown are to strong for my face and eyes. I love the colors

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig