Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 6, 2012

San Diego readers: Get thee to GTM now!

If you're in San Diego, then stop what you're doing and head over to GTM. Right. Now.

If you've never heard of GTM, it's an indie close-out store with two locations. If you're not in San Diego, you can also buy some of their products online--here's a link to their beauty section. I was at the Lemon Grove location yesterday so I cannot tell you if the following deals can be found at the Santee location but it never hurts to try, if you're closer to the Santee location.

Haul pics!
(Excuse the quality of these photos--I took them in a hurry)
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes in Candy Coral and Plum Wine: $1.99 each 
(regular retail price at Walgreens: $8.49)


More mind-blowing haul pics, after the jump...

L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Gel Eyeliner in Navy: $1.99
(regular retail price at Ulta: $9.99)

Fing'rs Flirt Nail & Body Jewels: $1.99
(regular retail price at CVS: $5.49)

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude: $2.99
(regular retail price at Ulta: $7.99)

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum: $1.99
(Discontinued. Former retail price: $7.99)


OPI Nail Polishes in Crepes Suzi-ette, Bling Dynasty, Alpine Snow Matte: $1.99 each
(regular retail price at drugstore.com: $8 each)


Revlon Top Speed Nail Polish in Varnished: $1.99
(regular retail price at Walgreens: $5.99)


Grand total (regular retail price): $78.43
Grand total (out of pocket): $20.90
TOTAL SAVINGS: $57.53

At the GTM in Lemon Grove, they actually have two beauty sections (it's been a while since I was at the Santee location so I don't remember if it's the same for that store). One section is for higher-end beauty (most of the products I spotted are the same products for sale in their online store here but they also had full-size The Body Shop body butters in Satsuma, etc. for $8.49 each and other things like that), and things are stored in a glass case near the entrance of the store. The other section is for drugstore beauty and that one is located on the left-hand side of the store, in a regular aisle.

I can't even begin to list everything I spotted in the drugstore section because there was just too much. So my best tip for you is this: just like with Big Lots, it pays to dig and search carefully. Because you never know what might be hiding out in the aisles (for instance, that Fing'rs jewel kit was off to the side, completely by itself. Which is funny because just the other day I saw a cute cupcake nail tutorial that required some jewels and then BAM! There it was.)

Be sure to check out the coupon section and sale section on the website before you go (you don't need to print out coupons--you can show them to the cashier on your smartphone).

Happy hunting, and remember: just like with most close-out types of stores, certain products may have already been tested or opened/tossed around in transit. So it's important that you thoroughly inspect products for signs of damage. Be sure that safety seals are intact, etc. before you buy.

San Diego peeps: if you go to GTM this weekend, feel free to share your hauls in the comments. I'd love to hear all about what you found!
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. AWESOME! Thanks for this. I havent been to GTM in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you find some goodies!!

      Delete
  2. You lucky duck! Those are great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going right now! This was such a surprise to read. Was there alot of the OPI and Maybelline highlighters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered you on Facebook, love!

      Delete
    2. Thanks G! I got the same maybelline dream lumi concealer,(tons left), Revlon just bitten balm stain in sweetheart (only a couple colors left), Revlon colorburst lip butter in peach parfait (1 left), wet n wild mellow wine (none left), and Maybelline fit me champagne bloom highlighter (tons left). There was alot of the Maybelline colored mascaras left. Teal, green. I saw the Loreal HIP duo eyeshadows but the best one (the gold and brown duo) were shattered..:( Alot of great stuff. Didn't see any OPI or essie. Just random polishes. Thanks for the great sightings G!

      Delete
    3. OOH THANKS tamara for letting us know.

      Delete
  4. No luck for me. Drove over like a mad woman after work around 3:30. Lots of the bouncy blus, and some decent maybelline eyeshadow, but I was hoping for a OPI haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo!! I'm sorry, hun! :( Were the Essies still there? I didn't buy any of those because I already had those shades.

      Delete
    2. No, not much polish at all. Maybe a few bottles of random brands. I have a ton of makeup all ready, so I didnt find any makeup that I had to have. I have really gotten into polish lately and Im building my collection. Haha. But I had forgoten all about GTM so this was a good reminder for me to check it out. Thanks for all your hard work G!
      Joanna
      (No idea how work these blog comment things)

      Delete
  5. Wow! What an awesome haul!! Really great finds.

    I don't have this store where I live. Too bad.
    It's fun to hunt and find goodies. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish all states had GTMs. :(

      Delete
  6. I am so jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could take advantage of this too! :(

      Delete
  7. I had been in that store before (because it's next to Joann's) but didn't realize they had makeup closeouts. They were cleaned out today of polish but I did find a Nailtiques 2Plus nail protein For $1.29 (retail $9.50) at Ulta so that made me feel better ;) They also have decent sale price on organic baby food. I may go back to see what they have in a week or so. I like that they always have coupons online. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg, did they have the black radiance primer that is ur Hg?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig