Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reader Review: L'Oreal Shine Caresse in Bonnie (European version)

Reader Abi is currently in Europe and was able to get her hands on the much-anticipated L'Oreal Shine Caresse glosses (these have not yet landed in the US as of the time of this post). If you missed my previous posts about this new line of glosses, we had a false alarm a little while ago but unfortunately these glosses have not yet landed in the US. They're said to be dupes of YLS Glossy Stains and I know that many of us are hoping they land here in the US very soon. 

But until then, here's Abi's review!

image credit: Abi for Nouveau Cheap
L'Oreal Shine Caresse in Bonnie
I picked up a Shine Caresse at the airport in Munich. They seem to be new there- they were in a special display. I got the color Bonnie, a muted amber/coral/nude. They come with the applicator used for the L'Oreal Infallible glosses which I like very much. The scent, at least in the European edition is a nice variation on the infamous L'Oreal violet lipstick scent. The gloss has the violet base note, but it's subtle, with an overlay of rose and some sweet citrus like lemon drops. It's not very strongly scented, and I can only smell it during application, the scent fades quickly. To my nose, it's reminiscent of the scent of Love Chloe. Fancy!

More of Abi's review, after the jump...

 
image credit: Abi for Nouveau Cheap
It applies smooth and nonsticky, creamy but not oily. I haven't used the YLS (Glossy Stain) so I can't compare, but its very pleasant. It then gels into a sticky film comparable to most long wear glosses. It leaves behind a subtle wash of color which is much subtler than the Maybelline Stain gloss. I don't have my Stain Gloss here for comparison, but I think the consistency on application is similar. Loreal is less pigmented, which for me is a GOOD thing, and has a nice semi sheer creme finish without sparkles or glitter. The dry down is stickier than I remember the Maybelline. The scent is less intense than the Maybelline, and less fruity, and the packaging is infinitely more glamorous.

Thanks so much for the detailed review, Abi! I have to say that I'm even more intrigued by these glosses than I was before! Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer before they land here in the US.

Are you excited to try L'Oreal Shine Caresse glosses when they hit the US? Thoughts?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I really hope these are similar to the YSL glossy stains, because I love those and they are expensive. Great review, thank you Abi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested but wary - the Maybelline Super Stay 10hr Stain Gloss (stupid name) was without a doubt the WORST lip product I've ever put on my lips. But I think that in large part had to do with the scent/taste of the product. So maybe this will be something I can stand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The taste was so disgusting - I returned mine!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I am so jealous I'm not in Europe right now because they look amazing! Nice review Abi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be sohappy if they're a dupe of the YSL glossy stains! Those suckers are my HG lip product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a German Beauty Blogger from Munich and I can say that the Shine Caresse Lipglosses are fantastic! They are almost exactly the same as the YSL Glossy Stains but smell a little different. Still very intense and fruity though, which I don't mind. So if you like the Glossy Stains from YSL, I'm sure you will love L'oreal's Shine Caresse are way cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the L'Oreal glosses also contain phthalates

      Delete
  6. I am really excited for these. I love thick liquid lipstick type glosses, and can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to trying these too! I am only leary about the scent as I do not like the L'oreal scent at all and therefore I never buy or even look at L'oreal products. I guess we shall see what we shall see...(or sniff)LOL!! Any great review Abi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Idk about the YSL comparison, but they sure do look like the Lancôme La Laque Fever lipcolors. No surprise, though, since Loreal owns all three.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig