Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 8, 2012

On the Runway: New Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream, Baby Sticks, Ultimate Suede Lipsticks and more

Over the past few days I've been sharing with you some of the drugstore brands that have been making appearances on the runway at Fashion Week New York this week. Well when it comes to Revlon, not only are their current products popping up on on the runway, but also some of their Spring 2013 products! 

When you read the following press release, you'll see that some of the products that were used by Gucci Westman this week won't be available in stores until January 2013 or April 2013 (PhotoReady BB Cream, Baby Stick blush sticks, Ultimate Suede Lipstick (new line of lipsticks) and a new Top Speed nail shade). 

So consider this a sneak-sneak peek of some of the Revlon products we'll see in drugstores next year:

 Revlon Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman Created a Strong yet Feminine Look for rag & bone’s Spring/Summer ’13 Collection at New York Fashion Week




Friday, September 7, 2012
WHO: Revlon Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman, backstage at rag & bone

WHAT: Revlon Global Artistic Director, Gucci Westman, created a strong but feminine look by giving models a structured brow with a subtle cheek, lip and eye for rag & bone’s Spring/Summer 2013 collection.

“I wanted to create a look that was bold, but still looked soft and natural,” says Westman. “I was inspired by the iconic supermodels of the 90’s and the great structure of their brows.  I kept the makeup very pure, adding just a touch of natural flush to the lips by mixing two lip products together, and I used a brow pencil to create subtle freckles and a dramatic brow to top the whole look off.”

To recreate the white hot nail look worn by half of the models, celebrity manicurist Jin Soon Choi suggests creating a short square shape that’s slightly rounded and then smoothing out the ridges with a thick base coat to prepare them for polish.

“White can be intimidating to wear,” says Choi. “To guarantee a finished look, you should always use three coats, as it ensures that the polish will look perfectly opaque and smooth.”

REVLON PRODUCTS TO GET THE LOOK:


FACE:
Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream in Light and Medium, $10.99 (available January 2013)
Revlon Baby Stick in Pink Passion from The Spring/Summer '13 Collection by Gucci Westman, price TBD (available April 2013)

EYES:
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in Addictive, $7.49
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Brown, $7.99
Grow Luscious Mascara, $7.49
Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown and Light Brown, $7.50

LIPS:
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel, $9.99 (available January 2013) mixed with…
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum, $7.49
Revlon ColorStay Lip Liner in Nude, $7.99

NAIL:
Revlon Nail Enamel in Elegant, worn on half of the models, $4.99
Revlon Top Speed in Spirit, worn on half of the models, $5.99 (available January 2013)

PRODUCT AVAILABILITY: www.revlon.com
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Haha I was literally JUST wondering when Revlon was going to come out with a BB cream. I hope it's more like a REAL BB cream than all the glorified tinted moisturizers that drugstore brands have been releasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering when we'd see one from them too. :)

      Delete
    2. They have one out currently. I think it's a Youth Code one, though, where the one in this post is a Photo Finish one.

      Delete
    3. Pink Pamalamma: You're confusing L'Oreal with Revlon. L'Oreal has TWO American BB creams:

      There's the one I reviewed here, called L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/07/review-loreal-magic-skin-beautifier-bb.html

      And also the L'Oreal Youth Code BB cream, which is an extension of their existing Youth Code skincare line:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/06/spotted-at-drugstore-lots-of-new.html

      The PhotoReady BB Cream will be the first BB ever (in the US, at least) from Revlon.

      Hope that clears it up for you!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the lipstick looks on the models. I'm very anxious to see the new Ultimate Suede line. For my money, you can't beat Revlon lippies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! Since they're colorstay, i'm wondering if they'll be liquid or actual sticks?

      Delete
  3. Lemme just go ahead and flip the hell out. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I can not wait for that revlon bb cream! The other products in the photo ready line are nice, so I hope these work well too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revlon BB cream? Ngl I'm looking forward to this! I hope it'll be better than the previous US ones. And what's this baby stick? Sounds interesting to me =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they're twist up blush sticks, which I will be ALL over! Lol!

      Delete
  6. It's do funny because I was hoping to be able to finally be able to try out a BB cream. But seeing as though I'm an NC45 and this comes in light and medium, once again I can't. It's a shame that not a single makeup brand has one for darker skinned people. I had higher hopes for Revlon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think maybelline and smashbox make darker skinned ones

      Delete
    2. I do think maybelline and smashbox make darker skinned ones

      Delete
    3. Yep, I agree with The Angel. The Maybelline BB cream definitely comes in shades that have worked well for deeper skintones, and I do believe I read a review by someone who was an NC45 who found a perfect match in that line. Definitely give it another looked if you skimmed past them assuming there wasn't a shade for you!

      Delete
    4. I know that many of the BB creams are labeled as Light and/or Medium, but as a fair-skinned person, I have found that the color ranges are usually way too dark. I would encourage everyone to try and sample whatever colors a BB cream comes in regardless of the names of the shades, because you really can't go by the labels with this product.

      Delete
    5. The true BB creams, such as the Asian ones, usually come in only one or two colors and they oxidize to match the skin once applied and blended. I have a Korean one from Skin79 and it changes color to match my skin seamlessly.

      Delete
  7. The first model looks like Angie Harmon back in the mid 90s, not that I'm complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking forward to a bb cream from a brand I really like. I hope it's great. also: blush sticks! that sounds pretty much awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally I think the models' skin looks really drab and lackluster with the bb cream...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited to see a Revlon BB in the near future! Gotta say though, what were they thinking with that hair, ffuuuuhhhhggggly! That wet look is so not where its at in the autumn, and it's half done at that! Ewww!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig