Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 9.3.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week:

Your three favorite haircare lines, name them…

G's answer: In terms of value and overall performance across each line, I would have to go with Suave, Dove and TRESemme (although I also love some products from got2b, Shea Moisture, Finesse, Vo5 and L'Oreal). For professional lines, I love certain products from Wella, Clairol and L'Oreal. And then for salon brands, I love products from Phyto (my longtime favorite), Living Proof, Redken, Davines, Bumble and Bumble, It's a 10, Macadamia Natural Oil and Ouidad. I've also had good luck with some of the GVP (Generic Value Products) "imposter" products you can find at Sally Beauty, as well as the Beyond The Zone line from Sally Beauty (dupes of higher-end products).

Links of the Week:

Lipglossiping – offers a juicy insight into the latest Jo Malone fragrance launch: Blackberry & Bay. Cream scones and tea with that?

Nouveau CheapMy favorite makeup brush cleaner isn’t really a makeup brush cleaner at all (well, technically speaking).

Prime Beauty – loves what WEN Cleansing Conditioner does for her hair but not her wallet, so she’s found an affordable alternative in her latest Splurge vs. Steal!

Phyrra – is ready to battle again in Makeup Wars – Favorite Fall Nail Polish. See the best nail polish for Fall!

we heart this – has partnered with Sephora this week to bring you the colors of the season; Blackest Black, Nouveau Purple and Crimson Velvet. Check out these red lip picks for the prettiest pout around.

Beauty Junkies Unite – Get Amber’s official breakdown of the new READY Foundation SPF 20, a solid mineral foundation from bareMinerals!

Clumps of Mascara – has found the world’s most interesting eyeshadow quad. It’s quite reminiscent of alien aircraft!

Gouldylox Reviews – This lash curler actually fits the shape of my eye, perfectly. I didn’t know what I was missing by settling for my Shu.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Lipglossiping – My favourite post of the week comes in the form of this little number from A Touch of Blusher who has me craving the new Paul & Joe collection like a reformed smoker at a Marlboro convention.

What are your three favorite haircare lines?
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Nature's Gate, because I'm not allergic to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving JR Ligget's solid shampoo lately, but I have a pixie cut and I don't know how well it would work with long hair. But I'm glad to be able to cut down on packaging waste--the bar comes in a paper wrapper and I keep it in a Tupperware.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig