Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 7.23.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week:

If, for one month, you could only use one brand for ALL of your makeup needs, which brand would you choose?

G's answer: Admittedly, that would be pure torture, but if I had to? Maybelline. I'm always surprised when people say they don't care for Maybelline. I personally can't fathom that, because so many of their products work very well for me. I cannot live without their Define-A-Brow pencil (I always have two extra back-ups at all times because I constantly live under the threat of accidentally running out), and their concealers (SuperStay and Age Rewind) are the only concealers I can 100% depend on these days. I also love the taupe Color Tattoo, Colossal Volum' Express Mascara (yellow tube) and Color Sensational lipsticks and glosses, and I often use Dream Matte Mousse foundation and Dream Matte powder. The only thing I'm not too keen on is their blushes (why did they have to discontinue the Dream Mousse blushes--especially the ones that didn't contain sparkle?? Those rocked my world). I haven't tried the Dream Bouncy blushes yet, but this would compel me to finally buy some (I've been meaning to try them for months now). And of course I could go longer than a month using just the Maybelline polishes I already own (so many of their LEs are gorgeous).

Links of the Week:

Vampy Varnish – Love plump, shiny, saturated lips? Then you’ll love the new Buxom Full-Bodied Lip Glosses this season.

we heart this – Do you really need another product with Argan Oil? If it’s Moroccanoil, the answer is yes.

Clumps of Mascara – is giving away a pretty awesome beauty bag. You’ll definitely want to get in on this one.

Gouldylox Reviews – If you want to slim your face and jawline in a hurry, this will do the trick. It’s not permanent, but in a pinch it will work. (And it feels great.)

Nouveau Cheap – Do I love the new L’Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream? Do I hate it? Am I on the fence? Come see for yourself.

Pink Sith – wouldn’t be LION if she told you the brushes from the Japonesque Safari Chic Set are PURRfect!

Prime Beauty – asks Hot weather making you melt?  Cool off and perk up with Laura Mercier’s Tone Perfecting Eye Gel!

Phyrra – lets her skin shine through with Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Foundation. See why she loves it!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Vampy Varnish – Jessica from Beautezine is one of my favorite bloggers (and people!) and she’s got the new fall goodies from Yves Saint Laurent covered!

If YOU could only use one brand for a month, which would it be?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. You should try the bouncy blushes! They are awesome:) I like Coffee Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If money wasn't an issue, maybe Makeup Forever. I've never used any of their products, but they seem to have a wide range and good colour selection but their stuff is too pricey for my blood. If I did have to spend my own hard earned money, I honestly don't know. Tie between Revlon, Maybelline and L'oreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it would be Maybelline too. The Define-a-brow pencil, mascara and concealers are my HGs. I would really miss my Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliner though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on Maybelline. They have so many unique products, and their eraser concealers, creme eyeliners, and 24hr lip color are HG for me. I also love the bouncy blushes, color tattoos, and their eyeshadow. The bouncy blushes have gotten such mixed reviews, but I really like them... I have no problem building the color, with my fair skin I have much more trouble with blushes that are too pigmented. Even the lightest colors show up on me. I have them in pink, peach, coral, and brown. They blend into the skin in such a natural way, it gives that "blushing from within" look that is hard for me to get with other products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What color Age Rewind do you use, G?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much would I love for you to do a post on your Maybelline LE polish collection? That would be AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Revlon would be my choice, from the drugstore brands. I'm not sure what I would choose if all brands were up for grabs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drugstore? Maybe L'Oreal? I like their eye products quite a bit.

    Money not an issue? Either Laura Mercier or NARS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ELF. They're the only company where I have everything I need in my collection.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig