Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, May 10, 2012

Attention Rite Aid shoppers: killer deals you don't want to miss!

If you live near a Rite Aid and you want to try the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains that I blogged about here, GET THEE TO RITE AID ASAP!

A HUGE thanks to many of you for this one: Rite Aid has rolled out the Just Bitten Balm Stain displays just in time to catch the 40% off Revlon sale going on THIS WEEK (through Saturday, May 12)!


Instead of the regular retail price of $8.99, I paid just $5.39 a piece for these! And because I had a $1 off Revlon Nail Polish coupon, I was able to get the polish in Surf (from the Gucci Westman Escapism Collection) for just $1.99 (retail price is $4.99, down to $2.99 because of the 40% off sale). 

The full retail price of all of the above items is $40.95. I paid just $23.55 for everything you see in this photo!

I picked the four shades that most closely resemble the Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tint I already own, so that I can (hopefully) show you the closest dupe. Please check back soon for my full review (and swatches, of course) of all four shades. If you're curious about the shade names of the Balm Stains I purchased, they are (from the top): Smitten, Rendezvous, Romantic and Sweetheart.

NOTE: If you live in a test market (such as San Diego, where I live) then I'm so sorry to tell you that Wednesday was the last day of the 40% off sale. In test markets, the weekly sales start on Thursdays instead of Sundays but, for everyone else, you have until this Saturday night to see if your Rite Aid has the Balm Stain display out so you can grab some at a fantastic price.

PS: Today, reader CBBgreen left this extremely helpful comment on the You Tell Me page:
Tonight at Rite Aid I saw and bought a bunch of new stuff including: new neon Petites nail polish colors, Julie G nail colors - good variety of neon, shimmers, metallics, neutral cremes, etc, new Scherer Chameleon duochrome nailpolishes - purples, pinks; also new Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup (the display had little peel back samples of the color "Nude") and Revlon Colorstay Overtime mascara - this week all Revlon is 40% off at Rite Aid, so an ideal time to try some new stuff.
Thanks so much, CBBgreen, for the fantastic sighting info!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Haha, great minds think a like! I actually picked up Smitten and Rendezvous last night and was debating Romantic and Sweetheart. Any chance you could do a quick swatch of your colors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super psyched to see your swatches & review! I love a good stain, and if they measure up to the tarte / clinique products, I'll definitely pick up a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So! freakin'! excited! I am completely cracked out to get these balm-stains! Can't wait to see swatches and lips and dupes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im so ready for your review lol so excited

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally took serious advantage of this yesterday and today...suffice to say I am well stocked on Revlon for quite a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally took advantage of this yesterday and today...suffice to say I am stocked up on Revlon for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just when I thought I was over the lip butters!
    I was in Rite Aid Tuesday night and grabbed (4) Revlon nail polishes (Scandalous, Royal, Radiant, and Colorstay Amethyst) and the Blackest Black PhotoReady 3D Mascara for less than $20, including the $1off coupon. Scoooore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure that the weekly sales start Thursday and not Friday? I ask because I live in Los Angeles and the weekly sales start Friday and end Thursday. I also looked through the Rite Aid website and found this:

    *Please Note: For the Los Angeles and San Diego markets, the effective dates are May 4, 2012 through May 10, 2012

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Los Angeles and the weekly sales start Friday and end Thursday. I'm sure the same applies to San Diego. I found this on the Rite Aid website:

    *Please Note: For the Los Angeles and San Diego markets, the effective dates are May 4, 2012 through May 10, 2012

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trust me I am totally getting my fanny to a Rite Aid tomorrow!!!! Thank you for bringing it to our attention!!!!!! I looked at these the other day and couldn't pick which one I liked so I didn't get one....totally forgetting that they were 40% off!
    Thank you thank you thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo, these look nice! thanks for creating a lemming. im gonna go to Rite Aid tonight to pick up a couple. this sounds like something nice i could wear to work where i wouldnt have to keep re-applying since i dont have time to fuss with it (i'm a waitress, so i never have time at work for anything) and i've been dying to pick up a red and bright pink and to not have to screw around with it sounds like a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just at my Rite Aid! Didn't spot the balm stains, but they had tons of boxes out and were stocking things up so I'm guessing it'll be up soon! I just hope I can get it in time for the 40% off!

    I picked up nail polishes from the new collection too -- Red Bikini (love!) and Sheer Seafoam. I wish I saw your post on this collection earlier; I wouldn't have bought Sheer Seafoam. I'm definitely returning it! Such a shame because it looks so pretty in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to your review, terribly curious about these.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i saw this post and ran out right away this afternoon. the display only has space for 2 of each color, and already a few had been purchased, so if yr interested in these, id advise going out asap. i picked up 4: honey (which looks amazing on, the only one ive tried so far), charm, cherish, and precious. so far im in love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited about these, I seriously can't even tell you. Revlon just keeps killin' it in the lip department, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would also suggest that if you want these to hurry and go get them. There are only two spaces for each color and they will go fast. I bought some and they are amazing! great color payoff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait there's 40% off revlon THIS WEEK!? how on EARTH did I miss this!! *tear falls*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I picked up the Balm Stain in Romantic at lunchtime, and it's lovely! Thank you for posting about these.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My parents live in So Cal and apparently at their Rite Aid the sales end on Friday nights? I thought that was kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How can you tell if you are in a test market?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the heads up on these--I was able to pick one up at my Rite Aid during the sale! I can't say I'm in love, sadly. I find it pretty drying and the color seems to wear off kind of patchy. But I got mine in Rendevous (the coral orange) and I find coral always performs worse than other colors for some reason, so I'll probably try one more color. They were already out of Adore, which is what I really want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was lucky enough to catch these the day before the 40% off ended, and I bought Rendezvous and Sweetheart. The color payoff is wonderful, but as soon as they set on my lips I have the urge to swipe a lip balm or gloss on top, as they seem to really dry out my lips. If one happens to be a dupe of Tarte's "Moody", I'll pick that one up as well, I'm just disappointed they were so drying.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig