Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spotted: Revlon Gucci Westman Summer 2012 Escapism Collection

A HUGE thanks to reader Marsha for this one! Marsha spotted the new Revlon Gucci Westman Summer 2012 Escapism Collection at her local Rite Aid and was nice enough to share some pics. 

Now, you know me, and you know that I sometimes get too excited by new collections. But at the risk of sounding repetitive, I'm BEYOND excited about this one. The colors just speak to me, and the best part? These don't appear to be limited edition! If you look closely at the labels, they all say "NEW SHADE" not "Limited Edition". So that means we don't have to run around desperately trying to find these products before summer is over. Yay!

image credit: Marsha for Nouveau Cheap

New PhotoReady Bronzer, PhotoReady Cream Blushes and Highlighting Stick (I believe the Highlighting Stick is a twist-up cream stick):

 image credit: Marsha for Nouveau Cheap

Coral Reef cream blush! *swoon*

 image credit: Marsha for Nouveau Cheap

New Polish shades, left to right:
 Gold Coast, Sheer Seafoam, Red Bikini, Surf

New Customeyes Palette

A little bit further down this post, I'll show you some fabulous reader-submitted swatches of Gold Coast. But for now, let's talk about Sheer Seafoam, shall we? A TEAL JELLY? When I first saw the above photo, I'll admit, I gasped. I immediately thought of the possibilities of creating a teal-tinted glitter jelly sandwich, so I did some googling and it turns out someone already did! But pay attention to her review though, because this polish is super sheer. We're talking seven-coats-sheer. But still...I'm buying it. 

 image credit: Marsha for Nouveau Cheap

Four new shades of Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss

And now, here are some photos of Gold Coast, sent to me by longtime reader @AshleyJazzyBear.

These first two photos were taken in the shade:

 image credit: @AshleyJazzyBear for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @AshleyJazzyBear for Nouveau Cheap

 And these two photos were taken in direct sunlight:

 image credit: @AshleyJazzyBear for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @AshleyJazzyBear for Nouveau Cheap

I'm not even a big fan of gold polishes, but this one is so pretty with its pink flash.

Thanks again to Marsha for the fantastic sighting and pics, and to @AshleyJazzyBear for the wonderful swatches!

Have you spotted Escapism in your area yet? Thoughts? Must-haves?
SHARE:

37 comments

  1. Saw this display yesterday! The products are all so pretty but its that blue nailpolish at the end that I wannttt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for an acqua jelly!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cream blushers look amazing! But I'm not happy at the $13 price tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cream blushers look amazing, but I'm not happy about the $13 price tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait for a good sale! That's what I plan to do. :)

      Delete
  5. So this display is an extended version of the Escapism before (with only the nall polish, glosses and highlighter sticks)? Why do they do 2 different displays, one was LE, one was not? I'm so confused.

    I'm looking forward to try out the cream blushes. But a word of warning, Sheer Seafoam is actually sheer, not as pretty as it looks. Surf has better pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the review I linked to in my post showed pics after seven coats...but I still want it! Lol

      Delete
    2. You could posibly layer Sheer Seafoam over a nude cream or white for more color payoff...maybe?

      Delete
    3. Maybe you could layer the Sheer Seafoam over a neutral cream or white base for more color payoff.

      Delete
    4. You could posibly layer Sheer Seafoam over a nude cream or white for more color payoff...maybe?

      Delete
    5. I doubt it, I swatched it over a white nail wheel and could barely see it.

      Delete
  6. i love revlon nail polishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the seafoam color nail polish which is called as " Sheer Seafoam"...the color is gorgeous in the bottle but on your nails horrible. I put four coats and it is still sheer and it gives a color which makes you have a nail sickness....don't waste your money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the review I linked to in this post said too, but I still want it for a jelly sandwich! :)

      Delete
  8. That teal polish is gorgeous, as is the gold; they'd look awesome together in some sort of look! Is the dark shadow next to the mint color brown or black? In the first photo it looks brown, but in the second, black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could tell you but I haven't seen this display in person yet. Sorry!

      Delete
  9. I saw this display at my Walgreens a few days ago with the same products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about spotting this at Walgreens!

      Delete
  10. I haven't seen this display yet, but I want all of those new products:) They're gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are the names of the colors of lip gloss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't know. I haven't seen this display in person yet.

      Delete
    2. The clear is either Clear Water or Crystal Water, the peach is Bellini, and the red/orange is Sizzle. Sorry I don't know the name of the other gloss.

      Delete
  12. What are the names of the colors of lip gloss?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I list all the shade names right under the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spotted this display today and bought the eyeshadow palette and two of the glosses - Bellini and Sizzle! Can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to post about Sheer Seafoam tomorrow after I can get pictures, but basically it's *way* too sheer. I'd suggest combining a clear polish with a minty color for a better, more pigmented jelly than this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am going to franken the heck out of Seafoam. I am wearing it on my thumb right now and think if I futz with it a bit I will have a wearable jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No polish is worth seven coats! That being said, I'm excited to check out this display in person.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally want to see the lip glosses in person! I am excited for new shades! I just love Revlon glosses!!!! Also the cream blushes? WOW! Can't wait for these either!! Going to Target today so I will have to see if they have them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh I hate this new fad of the twist up pens. They're annoying, expensive, and you don't even get that much in them! Squeeze tubes & the doe-foot applicator containers tend to have more and you get more out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One display did say limited edition :( I found these at my Walgreens and skipped the polishes. The pencil highlighter is nice. The bronzer is matte if you like that. (I prefer shimmer) I havent tried the blush or the shadows yet but a few of them have glitter which is always a plus for me :D I only got Crystal waters which is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw this same display at Bed Bath and Beyond and the prices were definitely cheaper. The cream blushes were only $10.50. And I'm really excited about the clear/crystal lipgloss, I was looking to buy one that is way more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw this same display at Bed Bath and Beyond. The prices were definitely cheaper. The cream blushes were only $10. And I'm excited about the crystal gloss because I was looking to buy one that is way more expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Spotted at Walgreens today (in WI) and homg, blushes were $13.49. They were gorgeous, but at that price I'll be passing them up unless a good sale comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Saw this at my local walgreens today, unfortunately even fully stocked they only had 2 Coral Reef blushes so I snapped one up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. According to the display, the nail polish are LE and maybe the lipglosses...sheer seafoam is a true disappointment... why bother making it.... not worth the money.. theres also revlon LE nail polishes with 8 new shades

    ReplyDelete
  26. THE BLUSHES ARE COMPLETE CRAP PEOPLE! They may look so pigmented in the pan but after like 30 mins afer applictation, the color evaporated or something lol! Not worth the $12 or sale pricetag!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig