Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 25, 2011

Possible dupe for Maybelline Autumn Leaves


This always happens with me: the one "traditional" nail polish shade that I absolutely fall in love with this year has to also be one of those limited edition, hard-to-find colors that not everyone can easily locate at the drugstore.

Well I feel like I must be psychically linked to some of you, because literally the DAY that I found a possible dupe at the drugstore (I'd been looking for one ever since my original post), I got an email from someone asking if I knew of a dupe! I responded to her that I did in fact know of something that might be a good substitute: Essie Wrapped in Rubies

And then the very next day, another reader left a comment saying she thought Essie Wrapped in Rubies might be a good dupe for Autumn Leaves! And then, just the other day, I put out the word on Twitter, asking if any nail bloggers had a dupe comparison post of Autumn Leaves vs. Wrapped in Rubies (no one responded, by the way) and my pal Maureen of Qpon Cutie said she was thinking the same thing--that this might be a good dupe for Autumn Leaves.

So I guess we're all collectively looking for a dupe for Autumn Leaves, and many of us think that Essie Wrapped in Rubies might be just the ticket!  

The day after I did this post, I went to CVS, while wearing Autumn Leaves, and scoured the store in search of a dupe. I held the bottle of Wrapped in Rubies right up to my nails (not the best way to make a dupe comparison, but it was the best I could do). Wrapped in Rubies seems to have a bit more gold shimmer to it than Autumn Leaves, but color-wise, I think it might be pretty darned close.


For pics of Wrapped in Rubies, check out Mary's pics here, and Charlotte's pics here.

What do you think?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Based on your photos, I think Wrapped In Rubies is more of a deep red than this?? I don't have a comparison, because I don't have Autumn Leaves - but it looks more orangey-brown than wine-red like Wrapped In Rubies. I'm pretty sure Autumn Leaves is unique, sadly! There are quite a lot of wine reds with gold, but I've not seen a color like Autumn Leaves before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Autumn Leaves is RIDICULOUSLY beautiful! I'll have to keep an eye out for the Etsy dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it looks like a dupe for Autumn Leaves! I got it,and love it. Thanks!

    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before you give up searching for Autumn Leaves, I found it at my Ulta this weekend tucked away with other Maybelline polishes...not on a special display. It's one of the most gorgeous polishes I've ever put on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Confetti Dressed to the 9's or Orly Rockin' Rockette?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another close dupe is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Haute Chocolate, well I think so anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I held the 2 bottles together at Rite Aid & they looked exactly alike. I had never tried Maybelline nail polish before & thought the quick drying time was awesome! However, I should warn others: do not use OPI topcoat because not only did the dried polish transfer to the brush, if I didn't apply very quickly the nail got all glumped up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After going to about 8 stores..I finally found Autumn leaves! I bought the 2 bottles they had left! One for me and one for a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i had a color that looks like this by rimmel-- really pretty red with gold shimmer. don't know the name- my mom took it from me. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This might be leaning more red than Autumn Leaves, but what about Orly Rockin' Rocket. I saw a mini bottle in CVS the other day.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig