Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 19, 2011

My absolute favorite nail color for Fall 2011

Even if you're not a nail polish person, I hope you'll take a second to read this post. As many of you know, I'm more of a non-traditional nail color lover, but I bought this seemingly traditional shade of polish on a whim a few weeks ago (it was on sale and I had coupons) and I have since fallen in LOVE with it. Please allow me to explain exactly why I'm declaring this my absolute favorite nail color for Fall 2011:

 Maybelline Autumn Leaves
(retail: around $4.99, 0.5 oz)




Autumn Leaves is a limited edition shade that is part of the display of new Color Sensational nude lipsticks that I first showed you here. It might be tougher to find, but it's definitely worth the hunt. I've seen this display at various Rite Aids and when I first saw this color, I remember saying, "Oh, that's a pretty red with gold shimmer. Maybe I'll pick that up someday." Well then I kind of forgot about it (as I'm known to do with more traditional nail colors) but I am SO glad I eventually did get it, because it is FULL of surprises.


The beautiful, fine gold shimmer running through this shade gives it that same lit-from-with quality of Revlon Perplex. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Autumn Leaves does for reddish-brown what Perplex does for purple. It gives a common color a whole new dimension.

But let me clarify: this actually isn't a red polish. It's a chameleon shade that looks like a deep wine in certain lights, and then morphs to rich chocolate brown in other lights. But it also can look like a deep rust shade. It's just the epitome of fall colors, and the name Autumn Leaves fits it PERFECTLY.

To see the chameleon-like qualities of this color for yourself, here are some pics taken in a variety of different lights:

 All photos taken after two coats of color and one coat of clear top coat:






I hope you can kind of see how the fine gold shimmer in this polish gives it that lit-from-within quality. It's such rich, deep, delicious shade in person--I literally cannot stop staring at my nails when I wear this one. And on toes, it's AWESOME.

I cannot stress enough how much I love this shade and, believe me, I haven't felt this way about a reddish/brown/rust shade in, well, forever. If you spot this at the drugstore, I wouldn't hesitate for one second to grab it.

Do you already own Maybelline Autumn Leaves? If so, please tell me you love it as much as I do!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. GORGEOUS! I wonder how I missed this one. I've been loving the Maybelline LEs lately. Picked up the Forest Gel Eyeliner and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...perfect for fall! And I love your new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a color like this! I must find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooOOh, that IS beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new lay-out!! And I think I will be adding this polish to my wish list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty color! Does anyone know a cruelty free dupe for it? Maybelline tests on animals :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try this. How long before chipping? I bought Sally Hansen's Complete nail polish and the Quick Dry. Both last no longer than a day. Horrible considering how much I paid for the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im sold! This is really really pretty! Love the new look of the blog! Very hip and playful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo that does look wonderful. i will have to look out for that shade! i love multidimensional colors like this. very fall too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen any of these Maybelline LE colors anywhere and they all look so amazing! gah! This one reminds me of a shade by Misa called Midnight Red, main difference is that the base shade is more of a blue based red than this one looks to be. It has a really gorgeous and pronounced copper shimmer, might be a near dupe for those who also can't find this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That color is the perfect fall color!I might have to go looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found this one over the summer at Ulta and had to grab it. I wound up using it as the base of my Harry Potter 7-2 midnight mani. I love any polish like this with the duo-chrome lit-within finish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's gorgeous and now I have to go find it. ::sigh:: :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. After reading your post, I went searching and ended up finding it at my local Kmart! It's GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Went out and found it today! Thanks for the info, I LOVE it and I would have completely overlooked it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. **Cries** I can't find it around here! Can't even find the flippin' displays for it - but I am off in a few minutes to scour other places to see if they have it... I wannit so much... :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. just got it & absolutely love it! Thanks for the rec! Looks like a dupe for Essie Wrapped in Rubies at least in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would not in any way call this red - i see the red tones in the shades / colors you mention, but not red

    i got it at harmon's, on sale, and with $ 1 off coupon

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found this amazing color in Kmart just last night and knew I HAD to have it. Just putting the bottle up to my nail I could tell it would be a flattering color. I got the last bottle, scooped it right up...then came home and looked up swatches. This swatch it the best and most accurate as far as I can tell. Perfect rich, classy color and different without going over the edge. Its conservative compared to some I wear. Try to find this one girls.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig