Even if you're not a nail polish person, I hope you'll take a second to read this post. As many of you know, I'm more of a non-traditional nail color lover, but I bought this seemingly traditional shade of polish on a whim a few weeks ago (it was on sale and I had coupons) and I have since fallen in LOVE with it. Please allow me to explain exactly why I'm declaring this my absolute favorite nail color for Fall 2011:
Maybelline Autumn Leaves
(retail: around $4.99, 0.5 oz)
Autumn Leaves is a limited edition shade that is part of the display of new Color Sensational nude lipsticks that I first showed you here. It might be tougher to find, but it's definitely worth the hunt. I've seen this display at various Rite Aids and when I first saw this color, I remember saying, "Oh, that's a pretty red with gold shimmer. Maybe I'll pick that up someday." Well then I kind of forgot about it (as I'm known to do with more traditional nail colors) but I am SO glad I eventually did get it, because it is FULL of surprises.
The beautiful, fine gold shimmer running through this shade gives it that same lit-from-with quality of Revlon Perplex. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Autumn Leaves does for reddish-brown what Perplex does for purple. It gives a common color a whole new dimension.
But let me clarify: this actually isn't a red polish. It's a chameleon shade that looks like a deep wine in certain lights, and then morphs to rich chocolate brown in other lights. But it also can look like a deep rust shade. It's just the epitome of fall colors, and the name Autumn Leaves fits it PERFECTLY.
To see the chameleon-like qualities of this color for yourself, here are some pics taken in a variety of different lights:
All photos taken after two coats of color and one coat of clear top coat:
I hope you can kind of see how the fine gold shimmer in this polish gives it that lit-from-within quality. It's such rich, deep, delicious shade in person--I literally cannot stop staring at my nails when I wear this one. And on toes, it's AWESOME.
I cannot stress enough how much I love this shade and, believe me, I haven't felt this way about a reddish/brown/rust shade in, well, forever. If you spot this at the drugstore, I wouldn't hesitate for one second to grab it.
Do you already own Maybelline Autumn Leaves? If so, please tell me you love it as much as I do!
23 comments
Pretty. Love the new layout.
I'm getting it...nuf said!!! :D
GORGEOUS! I wonder how I missed this one. I've been loving the Maybelline LEs lately. Picked up the Forest Gel Eyeliner and I love it!
Gorgeous...perfect for fall! And I love your new layout!
I've been looking for a color like this! I must find it.
Gorgeous color!
OOoooOOh, that IS beautiful. I love it!
Love the new lay-out!! And I think I will be adding this polish to my wish list ;-)
Very pretty color! Does anyone know a cruelty free dupe for it? Maybelline tests on animals :-(
I want to try this. How long before chipping? I bought Sally Hansen's Complete nail polish and the Quick Dry. Both last no longer than a day. Horrible considering how much I paid for the bottles.
pretty shade...
Im sold! This is really really pretty! Love the new look of the blog! Very hip and playful!
ooo that does look wonderful. i will have to look out for that shade! i love multidimensional colors like this. very fall too.
I haven't seen any of these Maybelline LE colors anywhere and they all look so amazing! gah! This one reminds me of a shade by Misa called Midnight Red, main difference is that the base shade is more of a blue based red than this one looks to be. It has a really gorgeous and pronounced copper shimmer, might be a near dupe for those who also can't find this.
That color is the perfect fall color!I might have to go looking for it.
I found this one over the summer at Ulta and had to grab it. I wound up using it as the base of my Harry Potter 7-2 midnight mani. I love any polish like this with the duo-chrome lit-within finish.
It's gorgeous and now I have to go find it. ::sigh:: :D
After reading your post, I went searching and ended up finding it at my local Kmart! It's GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for the swatches!
Went out and found it today! Thanks for the info, I LOVE it and I would have completely overlooked it.
**Cries** I can't find it around here! Can't even find the flippin' displays for it - but I am off in a few minutes to scour other places to see if they have it... I wannit so much... :(
just got it & absolutely love it! Thanks for the rec! Looks like a dupe for Essie Wrapped in Rubies at least in the bottle!
I would not in any way call this red - i see the red tones in the shades / colors you mention, but not red
i got it at harmon's, on sale, and with $ 1 off coupon
I found this amazing color in Kmart just last night and knew I HAD to have it. Just putting the bottle up to my nail I could tell it would be a flattering color. I got the last bottle, scooped it right up...then came home and looked up swatches. This swatch it the best and most accurate as far as I can tell. Perfect rich, classy color and different without going over the edge. Its conservative compared to some I wear. Try to find this one girls.
Post a Comment