Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sales (8/7 - 8/13)


In my ongoing effort to try and help you save as much money as possible on beauty purchases every week, I have incorporated some direct links to printable coupons into the sales listings below. I hope this helps, and I'll definitely try to do this every week going forward. But please note: if you do not see the coupon when you click the link, it might have been removed (online coupons go quickly so don't hesitate to print them when you see them!).

This week's sales are GREAT, and next week's are going to be fantastic as well, so let's get started!


CVS shoppers: there's another "Mystery Beauty Coupon" this week! Scan you Extra Care card at the red scanner box to see what you get (hint: it might be related to the sales on Maybelline, Almay, CoverGirl, Aussie or Herbal Essences going on this week).

Heads up for next week at CVS: if you're interested in the Salma Hayek Nuance collection, it's going to be BOGOFREE (cosmetics, skincare, bodycare and haircare) next week--starting Aug 14th--and don't forget to check your email because I've heard that this week CVS sent some members a $3 off 1 item coupon (don't get too excited though--the coupon expires 8/13, the day before the BOGO sale starts).

Also next week: I'd hold off on making any Sally Hansen polish purchases this week because next week (8/14), CVS is going to offer $4 Extra Bucks on any $10 Sally Hansen nail polish or treatment purchase.

Rite Aid shoppers: remember when I showed you this month's Rite Buy for $0.69 Wet n Wild cosmetics? Well this week's ad says that all Wet n Wild products that normally retail for $0.99 (pencil liners, Wild Shine polishes, sharpeners and Silk Finish lipsticks) are $0.69 each. Great news!

Also this week at Rite Aid: there are lots of BOGOFREE deals this week on haircare but the best BOGOFREE deal of all is on all Organix haircare, skincare and body products. Yes, the yummy skincare and body products too (click here for my review of Coconut Milk White Lotus Body Mist and here to see some of the other products I've spotted at Rite Aid). Also, the Organix Keratin Straightening kit is on sale this week ($12.99 with $5 +UP Rewards). If you're thinking about trying this kit, PLEASE click here to see reader feedback (LOTS of comments from those who have used it).

Walgreens shoppers: this week's circular is a little confusing because there's a sale on select L'Oreal cosmetics (Voluminous mascara, Color Riche lipstick and HiP or Studio Secrets eyeshadow). All of these product are on sale this week for $6 each, BUT, I believe that for next Saturday's SaturDate with Beauty (8/13), if you purchase $12 worth of any of the products I just listed, you'll also get $4 back in Register Rewards. Also, the new Kari body lotions (15 oz) will be $5.99 with $5 Register Rewards, but it's hard to tell if this deal is going on all week, or just next Saturday. If you're interested in either of these deals, be sure to speak to a Beauty Advisor for details (and if you're reading this and work at Walgreens, please leave a comment and let us know!).

SALES FOR WEEK OF 8/7 - 8/13

The following sale info has been obtained from national circulars. You may live in an area that does not run national sales, so if you do not see these sales in your area, check with your store manager for more details.
 
CVS
 
MAKEUP SALES:
  • Scan your Extra Care card this week for a MYSTERY BEAUTY COUPON
  • All Physicians Formula cosmetics BOGO1/2OFF
  • All Maybelline cosmetics (excludes Great Lash mascara) BOGO1/2OFF (limit 6)
  • Maybelline Great Lash mascara $4.99
  • All Almay cosmetics and Roll-On Clear Gel deodorant BOGO1/2OFF (limit 6)
  • All L'Oreal lip cosmetics BOGO1/2OFF (click here to print $1 off any L'Oreal lip product coupon)
  • Spend $15 on Revlon cosmetics get $5 Extra Bucks (limit 6; excludes clearance)
  • Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara, Just Bitten lipstain, CustomEye shadow/liner or mascara $6.99 each
  • Revlon Age Defying or Aqua Mineral makeup $9.99
OTHER NOTABLE DEALS:
 
RITE AID
 
MAKEUP SALES:
  • Wet n Wild cosmetics $0.69 each (only applies to products with normal retail price of $0.99)
  • All Physicians Formula cosmetics BOGO1/2OFF; spend $20 get $5 +UP Rewards (limit 1)
  • All Almay cosmetics BOGO1/2OFF; $2 +UP rewards with purchase (limit 1)
  • L'Oreal Color Riche lip color, lip liner or gloss (includes le Gloss!), Telescopic mascara or eyeliner $5.99 each (click here to print $1 off any L'Oreal lip product coupon)
  • CoverGirl Lip Perfection lipstick or liner and Lash Perfection mascara BOGO1/2OFF; spend $50 on CoverGirl cosmetics get $15 +UP Rewards
  • Maybelline Great Lash mascara 2/$8
  • Spend $10 on EOS products (lip balm, lotion, shave cream) get $3 +UP Rewards (limit 2)
OTHER NOTABLE DEALS:

WALGREENS
 
MAKEUP SALES:
OTHER NOTABLE DEALS:
  • got2b styling products BOGOFREE
  • Right Guard and Dry Idea deodorant BOGOFREE
  • Softsoap body wash or liquid hand soap refills BOGOFREE
  • Yes to Carrots, Tomatoes, Cucumbers or Blueberries skincare and haircare BOGO1/2OFF
  • St. Ives body wash $1.99 each
  • Gold Bond body wash, hand sanitizer, lotion or Cortizone 10 lotion BOGO1/2OFF
  • TRESemme shampoo, conditioner or stylers 4/$15 with $5 Register Rewards
  • Organix shampoo, conditioner or styling products 2/$12 with $5 Register Rewards
  • Garnier shampoo, conditioner or styling products 3/$10 (click here to print $1 off Garnier shampoo or conditioner coupon and click here to print $1 off any Garnier styling product coupon)
  • Aussie or Herbal Essences haircare $3 each with $1 Register Rewards
  • Nexxus haircare BOGO1/2OFF
  • Garnier skincare BOGO1/2OFF
  • In-ad coupon: Clairol Natural Instincts hair color $5.99 (limit 3)
  • In-ad coupon: Garnier Nutrisse or HerbaShine hair color $5.99 (limit 3)
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. There was also a coupon in one of the past few Sunday circulars for like 3 or 4 dollars off an Oxy Clinical strength product. I don't know how much those usually run, but that along with Rite-Aid's 40% off seems like it would be good savings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered posting the drugstore type products that go on sale at Ulta? They have some great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: Oooh, that IS a great deal if you have that coupon! Thanks for the tip. :)

    Susan: Actually, I have. But this post takes me hours to compile each week as it is, and since Ulta is not a drugstore, it's not a good fit to add it to the "weekly drugstore makeup sale" post. What I've been doing lately is that, if I see something that's an exceptional deal (more than just a BOGO1/2OFF) I'll post about it. But other than that, I find that since a lot of people don't have an Ulta in their town, it's not something I'd devote an entire post to every week. Hope that helps, and thanks for asking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyoens spotted any of the new Garnier styling products with argan oil in them? I got some of the new sleek and shine serum with argan oil in it from walmart. But im interested in the blow dry perfector straightening balm, the flat iron spray and fron the Daily Care line the silky secret leave in. Ive heard some people say these are availiable at CVS and Wags but I went to CVS today and didnt see them. Gonna try Walgreens tomorrow. Wish CVS had them as I have $6 Extra Bucks to use and they give you $3 back if u spend 10. But Wags has them on sale 3 for 10 and with the coupons its still not a bad deal. Im gonna call Wags tmw to see if they have these products cause it takes me like 25 min to get to my closest Wags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ashwillis: I spotted the Blow Dry Perfector kit at Rite Aid a few weeks ago. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. G, will you be able to post your review of the SH Nuance eyeshadow duo before next week's sale? (I didn't miss that being posted already, did I?) I know you gave us swatches of the quad, but I thought you also bought a matte duo. Would love to hear your thoughts before picking out a BOGO! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. G, will you be able to post your review of the SH Nuance eyeshadow duo before next week's sale? (I didn't miss that being posted already, did I?) I know you gave us swatches of the quad, but I thought you also bought a matte duo. Would love to hear your thoughts before picking out a BOGO! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. G. I have spotted the kit sevral places. But this is just a straightening balm that is sold separatly but thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For anyone wanting to know whether the Salma Hayek products are worth the purchase price the answer is YES! Even at BOGO they add up quickly, but I have the smokey eye shadow quad, the pink cheek trio, the tinted moisturizer, and both the Super Secret Moisturizing Body Cream and the Dark Cacao and Coffee Firming Body Creams. I got free samples of the body creams and tinted moisturizers from an endcap so I was able to try before I bought, plus the samples come with $2 off coupons on them. My advice is to pick up the free samples/coupons this week, try them out, and then have the coupons handy for the BOGO Free sale next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, G.! This is why I love your blog! I was in Target yesterday and couldnt find my favorite Suave shampoo and decided to try Organix then thought, wait to see what Gianna posts on drugstore sales!!! sure enough!!! I have just saved myself $7! I am going to get the Organix today at Rite Aid!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cara: You are so sweet to ask that! And YES, I'm working on that post, as well as the concealer post, for this week. I've even got a reader review I'll be posting of one of the eyeshadow duos too. :)

    robin: Awwww, honey, I'm SO glad this post helped!! You just completely made my day. *hugs* xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you have to buy the samples or are they free? I did not look to closely but i thought they did have a price under them but those might have been trial sizes. Id definetly like to have the smokey eye quad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The samples were free. The tinted moisturizer ones are pretty small, but the body creams were .25oz, which was a nice size. The say "sample-not for resale" on the back near the the bottom, so if your CVS is charging for them I'd ask about it. The smokey quad is beautiful with pearly pink and teal and a dusky plum and a charcoal. The really need a good primer to bring out the colors, though. I love how they open like a flower, but the applicator it comes with is crap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ashwillis: Guess what? I was at Walgreens the other day and they had the Garnier Argan Straightening Balm (not the kit!). I thought of you immediately and I hope you see this comment--it has landed at Walgreens just in time for the sale! Oh, and they had all the other new Argan products from Garnier too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to Walgreens today and the "buy $12 of participating L'Oreal, get $4 register rewards" was still ongoing and in conjunction with the $6 mascaras-- so I got two of my favorite mascara, Voluminous, my favorite, for the equivalent of $4 each! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was at Walgreens today, and Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque was BOGO. I know this is a "cult favorite" skincare product for a lot of people, so I thought I'd mention it! I just tried it for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. G., Went to my local Rite Aid today and was so disappointed! I tried to buy the Organix Keratin kit BOGO and it didn't ring up that way and the cashier told me it was not BOGO. I showed her the flier that said "Organix hair care BOGO" and she still denied me the sale because the shampoo was pictured! I wondered if anyone else has been able to get the kit (or any Organix haircare other than shampoo and conditioner) BOGO. LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alison: Thanks so much for the heads-up! That's awesome! :)

    ANS: Oh man, I'm SO sorry that happened to you. I looked at the ad again and you're right--it just says "haircare". But I wonder if the Keratin kit in particular is excluded from this sale because it's got its own sale this week:

    (from the Rite Aid website)

    Organix 30 Day Keratin Straightening Kit Limit 2 +UP offers per household
    price with wellness+ card

    Price: $12.99
    (After $5.00 +up reward, it's like paying $7.99!)
    Valid Until:08/11/2011

    I bet you that's why! :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a beauty advisor at my local walgreens, and we are not honoring the Keri lotions sale until Saturday. We don't have many in, and it's REALLY important that we sell the Saturdate items on the day of the Saturdate. So, to be clear, the sale for the Saturdate, at least at our location, is not until Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig