Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 22, 2011

Review: Organix Coconut Milk White Lotus Body Mist

If you saw my post from yesterday, you know I was absolutely shocked to find Organix skincare products at the drugstore recently (for those of you who asked, I found them at Rite Aid). Organix is known for their haircare products, and I honestly had no clue they made skincare products as well. So today I'd like to review the product I purchased:

 Organix Coconut Milk White Lotus Finishing Body Mist
(retail: $9.99, 6 oz)


I'm not exactly sure why this is called "ever slim" but, honestly, they can call it whatever they want because I'm just delighted to have a body mist in the same fragrance as Organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner! To my nose, they smell exactly the same, so I was literally in heaven from the very first sniff.


If you have never smelled Organix Coconut Milk haircare products, the best word I can use to describe this fragrance is "creamy". It's such a warm, creamy coconut scent--it reminds me of coconut mochi! To me, this isn't a straight coconut milk fragrance-- it's also got a buttery note to it that makes it rich and decadent. I don't get any floral notes to this one, or any suntan lotion notes either. I would consider it a gourmand fragrance and, well, let's just say I would drink it if I could.


I wanted to show you in the above photo that there are two layers to this fragrance (due to the oil content in the formula), so you really need to give it a good shake before you use it, just to mix everything up.

Unfortunately, because of the oil content, this fragrance might leave spots on your clothing if you're not careful. I sprayed this near my black pleather bag and noticed spots on my bag afterward, but fortunately, I was able to wipe the spots away with my finger quite easily and it didn't stain my bag.

I think the name "finishing body mist" is a little deceiving here, because this product functions more like a dry oil spray. When I spray it directly on my skin, an ample amount is dispersed, which means I need to rub it in a bit like a dry oil. The good news is, once it's absorbed into my skin, it doesn't feel greasy or oily, but it does make my skin feel a tiny bit more moisturized.

I can get about 5 hours of wear-time from this fragrance, although it comes on strong with just a spray or two at first. After about an hour, it wears closer to the skin, and I love getting an unexpected whiff of it from time to time.

FINAL VERDICT: If you're in love with the fragrance of Organix Coconut Milk haircare products, this is a wonderful way to have that fragrance with you throughout the day. Just be prepared to apply it more like a dry oil spray as opposed to a body mist, and take a minute to work it into your skin before you put on your clothes. Because of the delicious, decadent coconut fragrance of this product, I don't mind the extra steps at all. But if you're looking for a straight-up body mist that you can apply anywhere, anytime, this may not be a perfect fit for you.

 Have you spotted any Organix skincare products in your area yet? Thanks to several of you for pointing out that Organix has a skincare product rebate offer here, which would be great if you do find these products in your area and would like to try them. So far, I've only seen this collection in one Rite Aid in my city, but hopefully they'll make their way to all drugstores in the coming weeks.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. cool. im not a fan of coconut (gasp!) but, i really want to try the skin care line -- scrub, toner, masks all look awesome! G, did you pick up anything else from that heavenly RA? :) arg, all RA's are not created equal... why?! OTL

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i really want to buy this! I loveeee coconut and this would be perfect! thanks for sharing this review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg omg!!! i too an in love with the smell of the hair products!!!!! Which store did you find them @ the one downtown?
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the body shop coconut body lotions and stuff? that smells amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am off to Rite Aid today to get this stuff. I am obsessed with wearing coconut scents in the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! I just may have to try the whole line! From shampoo to spray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is curious that it's called ever slim isn't it? And the cherry blossom spray you showed in a previous post looks like it's called ever firm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have facial skincare at Ulta too. That's the only place I've seen it. The Cherry blossom scent has several in an anti-aging line and the Shea butter scent has several in a dry skin line and I think there was 1 more. I wanted to try them because I love the scents but my face is so sensitive, I didn't think it was worth it. But I'll be looking for this because I LOVE the smell of the shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i definetly want that! haha, im also planning a trip to my local big lots and my local mitsuwa. ")

    heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have all the haircare items at my local RiteAid (Eugene, OR). I have a bunch of stuff to pick up first part of next week, I will see if they have the skin care stuff and let you know.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig