Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Details about new products from Revlon and Almay

I want to thank my lovely reader Jane for the scoop on some new products she spotted on a recent trip to her local Bed Bath and Beyond. Jane was kind enough to remember some details and put them into an email to me (how sweet was that?) and I wanted to pass along that info to you, of course! Here we go:

Jane writes:

Revlon Grow Luscious Eyeliner in four shades - onyx (matte black), espresso (warm matte deep brown), graphite (sparkling cool grey), and emerald (sparkling green with twinge of teal) - I bought graphite. It is one of the few pencils soft enough to go all the way to the base of my very light lashes and is not rubbing off at all. It is supposed to go on in one swipe of color, with none of the tug-tug-yank of drier liners, and it really does go on as promised.

Revlon "Just Tinted" Nail Polish
in about five colors, plus a shine topcoat. I bought the color "Dawn" - it is a semi-matte, almost instantly dry nail color. I was on the fence between Dawn and a mauvey color. This is such a weird product - it looks like pictures I've seen of 1930s fingernails. It's very Joan Crawford and I am a huge Joan Crawford fan!

New colors of the Revlon Lipstain and Balm duo
(in same display as the nail polishes)

Revlon ColorStay Finishing Powder
in same container as the Color Stay Mineral Makeup and Almay Wakeup Makeup.

Revlon Foundation
- has some clear treatment product with the foundation swirled inside it. Very pretty, tried the little tester - very pretty although tiny sparkles are visible in bright sunlight. Product feels amazing going on. Medium to full coverage I'd guess. Supposed to have some "DNA" science in it.

Almay Wake Up Concealer
in a squeeze tube with a brush attached. Light, Light Med, and Medium. I am super pale and the Light looked way, way too yellow for me.

WOW WOW WOW! Thank you so much, Jane, for the great scoop and for all of your details and insights as well. I am extremely curious about those Just Tinted nail polishes--I love anything vintage so if they help recreate a vintage nail look, I'm all in!

UPDATE:
Jane just informed me that Musings of a Muse has some pics posted of these new displays on her blog. You can check them out here.

Have you spotted any of these new products in your area yet? Are you excited to see any of these displays in person? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I saw the Revlon just bitten nails and lip display at BB&B about a week ago and picked up 2 of the polishes - haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig