Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 7, 2011

Spotted: new haircare products (MORE dry shampoos, sulfate-free products and more!)

Wow! We've been so focused on the newest makeup releases this year that I honestly didn't realize the avalanche of new haircare products that have recently hit drugstore shelves. I've got a TON of them to show you today, so if you love drugstore haircare, you're going to love this post (oh, and I'm throwing in a new eco-friendly hand wash too, at the very end of the post).

First off, yet ANOTHER new drugstore dry shampoo!

March Anthony 2nd Day Clear Dry Shampoo

There's a super-secret end cap at my local Rite Aid where they display all of the newest haircare products, and that's where I spotted this. Unfortunately, there are no prices on the shelves in this end-cap, so I don't have retail price info for you.

The box for this new Marc Anthony product actually opens up in the front, with a little velcro latch. It's pretty ornate for a dry shampoo to be packaged like this at the drugstore, don't ya think? Anyway, when you open the little door on the front of the box, a standard white can of aerosol dry shampoo is inside.

Here are some more new products that were also in this end-cap display:

Infusium 23 Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner

I LOVE Infusium 23 products, so I'm really excited about this new sulfate-free formula.

John Frieda Precision Foam Colour

John Frieda has entered the world of hair color! 

Samy Twisted Curl Define Spray, Pomade Spray and Frizz Control Spray

Would you believe I have never tried a Samy haircare product? Do any of you enjoy this brand? Any recs?

L'Oreal Body Builder Mousse and Pumping Volume Spritz

L'Oreal Silky Curls Gel

John Frieda Anytime Volume Refresher

Finally, I spotted the new John Frieda dry shampoo, and look at the $1 coupons on the cans!

got2b Rockin' It Encore Hold Hairspray

Moving on to CVS, I spotted these new haircare products:

got2b Rockin' It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo

Finally spotted the new got2be dry shampoo, and look! It's on sale this week for $3.99!

Argan Magic Intensive Hair Oil and Restoring Hair Mask
(retail: $9.99 each)

I think I mentioned in a previous post a while back that CVS was going to start carrying products from Argan Magic, but this was the first time I had actually seen them in the store.

Assorted FX products

These are not new products, but I just wanted to point out that the FX brand got a serious makeover and it's quite a change from their previous neon green, yellow and pink packaging. Also, was this brand always called FX Wild Harvest? I thought it was just "FX" back in the day? The new bottles remind me a lot of Bumble & Bumble, don't you agree?

Seventh Generation Hand Wash in Fresh Citrus and Just Clean (unscented)

And finally, I spotted new Seventh Generation HAND WASHES the other day at the grocery store, which was a big surprise to me since I believe they previously only made dish soap. Nice to see them branching out!

That's it for this drugstore sighting post. Do you see anything you're excited about trying? Have you already tried anything featured in this post? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I can't wait to try the new dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of new haircare products. I love argan oil products as they have helped my poor damaged hair like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have bad experience with dry shampoo but I am excite to try the John Frieda product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dry shampoo. I have only tried the Suave and used it once, went to use it the next day and the can was already empty? I thought someone else had used the product but there was only enough in there for one use? Anyone else experience this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Seventh Generation sells many different products including laundry detergent, baby and feminine products, etc. We have a natural food store down the street, and they sell these hand washes as well as a lavender scented one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even before I read it I thought the same thing about the FX, Bumble & Bumble for sure! I also love Infusium, so excited about that. Oh & the Argan Magic! So much to choose from. Marking this post for my next State side shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sierra, I bought TIGI dry shampoo and the same thing happened! I went to use it and pssst, nothing. I thought my kid got into my stuff.

    That said, I'm still trying to find that Suave dry shampoo. The PSSSSST kind smelled weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seventh generation makes tons of household products, dish soap, laundry detergent, etc. they even make feminine products! i spotted the feminine products at Big lots for cheap when they r normally expensive. im excited to try the hand soap!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever you do, do not try the John Frieda Volume Refresher. It's basically glorified baby powder. It's white as snow and even if I brush or rub it out my hair looks like Martha Washington's! I always love John Frieda's products but this one was a dud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm interested in the foam haircolor. I saw the ad for the samy kind in a magazine. Now I see it must be a trend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a great experience with the John Frieda Volume Refresher. Pretty reasonably priced at $6 and often goes on sale BOGO 50% at CVS. I liked the smell, added body without flakes and lasted about 10 uses before the can ran out (I sprayed a lot with each use). I def want to try Infusium 23's sulfate free line!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the heads up on all these, G!
    I might have to head over to CVS and pick up that got2b dry shampoo. What a great price!
    I might not ever have to actually wash my hair again since I have soooo many dry shampoos now. (totally kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hair Care info it nice to see this blog if you want more like this visit below website

    Hair Care

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig