Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wet n Wild update

As I continue my week of Wet n Wild 2011 product reviews, I'd like to take a few minutes to address some of the comments I've received on these posts. Specifically, the comments questioning whether or not some of these products are repromotes or repeats of existing Wet n Wild shades.

I discussed this with my contact at Wet n Wild and I can now confirm the following:
  • Three of the shimmer pencil shades from the holiday palettes are the same shades as those you see here. The only thing that's the same is the shade--the formula is actually different, and these pencils are a bit creamier than those found in the holiday palettes (plus, they're longer in size).
  • None of the shades in the 2011 8-pans or trios are the same as those found in the 2010 trios or 6-pans. The formula of the 2011 shadows has been improved (better pigmentation, etc.) so even if you see shades that seem similar to you in color, they are not repeats of 2010 core collection shades and the formula is different.
  • I also would like to reiterate that some of the shades in the new Fastdry Nail Color line are the same shades that were offered in the limited edition Pixel Perfect collection (even the names are the same) BUT, the formulas are different. The only things that are the same are the shades and the names.
I personally received countless emails, tweets, comments, etc. from readers expressing frustration that they could not locate the holiday palettes in their area. So for those readers, I think any similar shades are a blessing because Wet n Wild is giving us another opportunity to experience the MAC Club dupe, etc. and you would not believe how many of you expressed to me that you were hoping this would happen.

While I do not speak FOR Wet n Wild, as a Beauty Ambassador I'm fortunate enough to have a line of communication with them and I do share your feedback with them. I'm relaying the above information  to you as an Ambassador but, from my own personal perspective, I think that they offered us a nice variety of new, unique shades, while also giving us what we wanted: the MAC Club dupe and other popular shades  from the holiday palettes (only with an improved formula).

As always, I welcome your comments and feedback, and if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them as best I can!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. The only thing that is frustrating is that there is no specific date for anything. Ive noticed people buying the new WnW stuff already and my city as none. I wish there was way to be more consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen: I've tried to explain this many times on this blog, but I'd be happy to go over it again because I realize that many readers may have missed it!

    I believe that the inconsistency in availability is not Wet n Wild's fault. It's my understanding that they often ship the new products to certain retailers at the same time, but each individual location decides when to put these displays up in their stores. Some may rush to put up the new displays, while some stores are understaffed, etc. and it may take more time for them to get everything out there. So, while we all wish every retailer would make the new products available at the same time, that's just not the reality of the situation and that's out of Wet n Wild's control. I believe they suggest a date, but it's up to the actual store as to when they put out these products. I hope that helps you to understand the issue a little bit better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, it does. I didnt mean to sound like a nag, lol Im sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen: No no, you didn't come across as nagging! I'm actually thankful that you asked because hopefully many other readers will see this and understand the situation too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for reaching out to WnW for us, G. since WnW says they are all new colors, i'll be buying all of the trios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara: You are so welcome! Hopefully you'll enjoy the new, improved formula. Please keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to know that they also reformulated the liners because I've been trying to use the ones that came with the holiday palettes and just can't manage to like them. Hopefully the new ones with be better.
    And I can't wait for the 8 pan palettes to show up. No doubt I'll be grabbing all of them whenever I dofind them! haha Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caitlin: Oh, I hope you enjoy the new Shimmer Pencils! I've been told that the smaller the pencil, the quicker it will dry out, so I think that might explain your difficulties with the holiday palette pencils. Hopefully the new, longer pencils will be much easier for you to apply. Please keep me posted? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. G. I can not imagine how fun and exciting and exhausting the last few days have been review and showing all the new products! It has been a fun week of reading! Thank you!! p.s. I am a little envious too!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, if the new formulas are as good as they look, I'm going to have to buy all of these I think. I really disliked the old ones but loved the different browns. This is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I'm excited! Thank you so much for doing this for us. Wet n Wild has really stepped us their game and its awesome that they are keeping prices affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. would you say that the silvers from the spoiled brat trio and the blue had me at hello palette are the same or similar? maybe you could do a side by side swatch! Oh, and does all of this mean that the current palettes are being discontinued completely? They are gone from my walgreens, but I hope this also means that my walgreens will have the new stuff when I go tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, ladies, for all the sweet words and general enthusiasm for these posts! I so much appreciate that. :D

    thismakeupgirl: My plate is a little bit full right now with trying to get these WnW posts on the blog as quickly as I can, but I'd be happy to try and post some swatches for you maybe later on down the road. Remind me, ok? And as for what's being discontinued and what's not, I have NO clue. I'll try to get that info for you from WnW, but if you're concerned about a particular product, I'd email them directly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll remind you :) I'm so excited about the new eyeshadows, but I just hope that they don't discontinue the 6-pans because I love vanity and lust soo much!
    ps. thanks for being the very best blogger ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much G for all the great WetnWild info!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig