Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 27, 2010

New (and possibly revolutionary) product from Kiss

I spotted this info on beautyadvisorlounge.com and I literally could not post it fast enough! I HAD to share this with you immediately because I would LOVE to know what you think of this concept. Please take a look at the video below and let me know what you think in the comments!

 image credit: BeautyAdvisorLounge.com


Beauty brand Kiss is looking to simplify the application of false lashes with its new Kiss Premium Eyelashes with patent-pending application strings.

The lashes, priced at $3.99, will launch in February and will be sold at Walgreens, CVS and Walmart.

How to use: Dab a small amount of glue to the Premium Eyelash base and let it set for 30 seconds. Take hold of both strings of the lash and carefully position on the eyelid, along the natural lash line. Allow it to set for a few seconds, but don’t pull out the strings yet. Repeat for the second eye. Go back to the first eyelash, and once completely dry, gently pull out the string, holding the corner of the lash in place. Do the same to the second eyelash.

To see just how it’s done, check out Kiss’ instructional video below!


Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

 So what do you think? If they work well,  I think they could revolutionize the way we apply false lashes! Unless of course there's another brand that already has a similar product and I just don't know about it (which is absolutely possible--I always rely on you ladies to keep me up to date on these kinds of things!). I'd love to hear your thoughts.
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. *IF* this application method for lashes actually works then I have a massive lady boner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE! I totally need those like yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andra: BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You just made me spit up coffee on my keyboard. Seriously. I'm *still* laughing as I write this. ;)

    L: Well they'll be here very soon, so hopefully we can hang on for another month and then...it's on! lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look cool.

    Did the model have to exaggerate so much the way she applied the other lashes? I mean, sheesh, it looked like she applied toothpaste on those lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you just re-thread them everytime? I hope they aren't one time use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a smart concept but I don't think it'd be right for everyone. I almost always have to trim my false lashes because my eyes aren't as wide. I don't suppose we can trim this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's about time! Idiot-proof and made for me :-)

    LOL @ Andra

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely going to keep an eye out for these in February! But, I would like to know if they can be rethreaded, I like to reuse my lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Revlon has a type of self-adhesive lashes, which I think work pretty well and they're a bit easier than this. This, with the strings and all, I'm not so sure about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm, interesting!! I wonder how well these will work. I'm only a special occasion lash girl, but I'll be looking out for reviews on these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope they have a variety of sizes & lengths because I have to trim my false lashes since my eyes aren't that big & my lashes aren't that long.
    Neat concept though. I'm too much of a clutz to use tweezers & DUO glue properly..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will say that it's just hilarious to see how *dramatic* she was when it came to putting on the glue. No need to squeeze the whole tube out onto the band!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it's hilarious how the product comparison clips are actually not that far off mark from my own failed attempts at falsies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this idea! Nothing is so annoying as have glue ALL OVER your eye lids! Hope it works, but gonna wait for a review before I buy them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. At first I got really excited but then the same things that a couple other people mentioned (the size, not being able to re-use, etc) makes me wonder. I'd probably at least try them though! I love the way false lashes look but I don't often have the time to deal with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i agree with the other comments...how do you reuse it? the revlon self-adhesive ones sound better...

    ReplyDelete
  17. If they say that it's perfect application every time, then I would be inclined to think it would be reusable. But I don't see how.

    I have to trim some of my false lashes as well. And then the 'chicken little' in me thought 'what if I give myself a string cut on my eyelid!!???'

    ReplyDelete
  18. After reading this post I immediately stopped and got some. Couldn't wait to try them when I hot home from work. And they are awesome. Went on perfectly he first time. Super excited about these because usually I don't bother with full false lashes and just use the lash segments but these are awesome. I highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig