Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 14, 2010

New Sally Hansen polish line and much more!

I honestly cannot thank you all enough for sending me such fantastic pics of new products that you've been spotting lately--it helps SO much to know what's out there, and I feel doubly grateful about this next round of new product pics because I received pics from not one, but two of you! Huge thanks to both Stefanie and Kimberly (from Libby's Pink Vanity) for sending me pics of these new goodies that you both spotted at your local Bed, Bath and Beyond recently! I'm so fortunate to have pics of these at all, let alone pics taken at different angles of these displays. It's incredibly helpful to know exactly what's out there, so thanks again!

First up, some new Maybelline polishes and Color Sensational lipsticks:


image credit: Stefanie for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Color Sensational Reds and Pinks

If you're a longtime reader of this blog, you know that I love me some Color Sensational lipsticks! I had no idea there were new shades on the market until Stefanie sent me these pics, so thank you, Stefanie! I cannot wait to spot these in person!
Next up, the new Sally Hansen nail polish line:

top image credit: Stefanie for Nouveau Cheap
bottom image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle Nail Color and
Sally Hansen Nail Growth Nail Serum

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

All together now: Oooooh! Aaaaah! Look at all the pretty bottles! Have any of you tried any of these new polishes yet? I haven't seen them anywhere in my area, but I'm really, truly hoping that they help with nail growth considering I currently have nubbins for nails!

Next up, some new Sally Hansen Instra-Dri colors:

top image credit: Stefanie for Nouveau Cheap
bottom image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
New Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colors

I see a pretty greige in there! And it looks like navy and royal blues are making a comeback this season as well, huh?

Next up, a new blush collection from Physicians Formula:

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap

I thought these looked familiar, and that they might actually be a repromote, until I double-checked the post I wrote back in January of this year. Turns out, these ARE new, and the "pearls" I remember from the beginning of 2010 were highlighters/bronzers (click here to see). I never did try the highlighters, but I have to admit I'm intrigued by these blushes!

And finally, we have these:

image credit: Kimberly for Nouveau Cheap
Shadow Shields

Looking at the package, it appears that these are designed to help prevent eyeshadow fallout during application. I think it's kind of a neat idea, but I don't know if I'd try them unless they were SUPER inexpensive (I'm talking 99 cents a box). What do you think?

Another HUGE thank-you to both Stefanie and Kimberly for these great pics. It's not only incredibly helpful, but it really makes me wish my local Bed, Bath and Beyond had a makeup section (I've heard that only select BBB locations have an extended makeup department. Boo!).

So, are you excited about anything in particular featured in this post? As always, I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I'll take the entire back row of the Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle Nail Color display please. =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Sally Hansens would explain why the Maximum Growth formula is on final clearance at Wal-greens. I paid $2.19 for a bottle yesterday. Sadly, there wasn't much left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JT: I know, right? lol!

    Steph: That would totally explain it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, new polish! I've come to love the Insra Dri line and that navy looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard it said that those shadow shields are essentially post-it notes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why, but I am not a fan of Sally Hansen nail polish. Though it is unfair to say this because I have not try other newer lines that they came out with due to the negative experience I had with them. I don't know if it is only me, but some of their older nail polishes just take too long to dry. I just simply hate it. But may be I'll try the instant drying one if they are one sale.

    And a lot of new products that is so exciting.
    About that shadow shield, Nah...I can just use a cotton pad and cut it in half moon shape and put it under my eyes. Or I can just use a piece of tissue. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. IS THAT A MINT GREEN POLISH I SEE?

    It will be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the last 2 CS lippies on the right! Now if only I could read the names. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just say your blog totally rocks?
    Thank you so much for all the goodies you include.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ngocupham, I used to have the same problem with Sally Hansen polishes, they never dried! You have to find a quick dry top coat that works for you. I swear by Nutra Nail Speed Dry top coat, this stuff will dry any polish on me rock solid, including all the lovely Sally Hansens I wasn't able to wear before. If you want to try it, and have a Family Dollar store near you, it's $3 there.

    The thing is, it might not work for you. One of the nail bloggers said,(I wish I could remember which one,) that we each have different body chemistry and that one product may be perfect for her while it's total crap for someone else. I didn't believe that, because we're talking fingernails not skin. But now I'm a believer. I've read too many nail blogs where I see people raving about their holy grail nail top coats or base coats and there's always a few who say it doesn't work for them but another product does.

    So try a few different top coats, when they are packaged together as a bonus product, it's a great way to try a new one for cheap and get a pretty nail color too. You'll eventually find the one that will dry the SHs for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. G, I feel like a 'field agent' for you. :) And I LOVE it!

    BBB calls their beauty department 'Harmon.' And even here in Orlando and outskirt 'burbs, there is only one BBB Harmon. Luckily, it's the one closest to my house. Yea, me!

    I also get to do merchandising there twice a month. Makes it easy to scout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh new PF :D and from the same line as the one I got from the last release, Light Bronze Pearl, also during a CVS PF BOGO. It came with a free mosaic face powder I actually like and would not have tried otherwise, plus I had some CVS bucks so even more of a deal! For me it's definitely more of a highlighter than a 'true' bronzer, but it's not glittery or uber-shiny like some MAC MSFs (which these remind me of -minus the price and trip to the mall!) so I can wear it during the day for a nice glow. I hope the same is true for the blush version.

    And another CVS (and Rite Aid) PF BOGO with attached $2 coupon? I know what I'll be searching for this week. I think my lemming for WnW holiday palettes just got run over by shimmery new PF goodness. Thanks G, you rock as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried the Shadow Shields over 2 years ago and they made my shadow application so much cleaner/precise, that I deemed them worthy of their $16.95 pricetag. Now that I'm a little more resourceful, somewhat more frugal (and long out of Shadow Shields LOL), I admit to using a Kleenex tissue and a small piece of translucent tape to help me retain shapes for eye looks and to catch the fallout. It can be kind of cumbersome, but less expensive, and maybe not as "professional" to some artist standards. I would say Shadow Shields are still worth a shot if you need to do professional-quality work with prying-eyes watching. Otherwise, experiment on your own for a similar and possibly better result ;) Or just tell them to chill! You're the expert of your domain anyway! LOL
    xo
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. I picked up one of the new Color Sensational lippies in Berry Beautiful. It's a great fall shade- a medium-dark purple/berry shade. I like this formula for my dry lips but unfortunately because it's so moist, sometimes the darker colors don't seem to apply evenly. Luckily "Berry Beautiful" isn't quite dark enough to have that problem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know what is terrible about the Nail Growth polish? THE DISPLAY. Clumsy me was trying to grab that taupe polish from the back row, and knocked it forward. The ENTIRE display then domino'd down to the bottom and onto the floor. !!!!!

    At least it was on the bottom shelf and carpeted. Otherwise, FML!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig