Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Limited Edition Wet n Wild Wild Shine Collection and more!

Now that I'm back to blogging after a short break, the first thing I wanted to show you all was this brand new limited edition Wet n Wild Wild Shine collection. I know some of you have already seen it at your local drugstores, but if you haven't, look out for this one if you like shimmers and glitters, because this collection is all about the bling! Plus, as you know, Wild Shine polishes are only 99 cents each (retail price, not sale price!) so it's a bargain and a half!

The only thing that let me down a little bit about this new collection is that about half of the colors in this collection seem to resemble existing core collection shades. I can't 100% confirm that some of these shades are identical to core collection shades, but I did take a few of them over to the permanent display and well, they seem very close in color. So close that I had a hard time telling them apart.

So let's take a look at the collection and then I'll break down each shade to save you from possibly purchasing a color you might already own.


Starting from the back row on the left side:

NOTE: I am using an equals sign (=) to denote that a new shade is very similar to an existing shade in the Wild Shine core collection. For all "matches" I list the new shade first and the existing shade second.

From left to right:
Celebration = Caribbean Frost
Countdown = Rain Check
Toast = NEW SHADE
(this might seem to resemble the core collection shade Metallica,
but I assure you that it's way more metallic and silver in color than Metallica)
Champagne = NEW SHADE

From left to right:
Toast = NEW SHADE
Champagne = NEW SHADE
unknown name = NEW SHADE
(this looks to be a pretty red jelly with microglitter)
Resolution = Bijou Blue

From left to right:
Fireworks = NEW SHADE
(this actually looks like a dupe of LA Colors Goddess with tons of gold glitter and hexagonal holo glitter)
Midnight = NEW SHADE (actually, this might be close to an existing shade but I couldn't locate it in the core collection display)
Spectacle = NEW SHADE
Tipsy = NEW SHADE

From left to right:
Spectacle = NEW SHADE
Tipsy = NEW SHADE
Confetti = Hallucinate
Cheers = Kaleidoscope

Naturally, I had to purchase some of the new shades in this collection, and I am SO glad I did, as each one is more beautiful than the next. Here are some bottle shots:


I absolutely LOVE Champagne, which I will swatch for you in the days to come. Pewter shades are so hot this season (if you read my blog on a consistent basis, then you know that Sally Hansen has two new limited edition colors very similar to Champagne). I'm so glad I waited and didn't buy either of the Sally Hansen shades, because now I have a pretty pewter and it only cost me 99 cents (actually less, because I get 10% off every purchase at Rite Aid thanks to being at the "silver" level on my Wellness+ card!).

I also want to note that Midnight is MUCH more purple than it looks in my pic. My camera has a heck of a time picking up purples, so I apologize that it looks so blue in this photo. It's a true royal purple with multi-colored flecks of microglitter in real life. Again, this might be similar to an existing core collection shade, but I couldn't locate a match at my Rite Aid.

Next, I thought I'd layer Tipsy and Spectacle over my new L'Oreal polishes I showed you here. I used one coat of Tipsy over Femme Noir, and one coat of Spectacle over Luminescence:


You've really got to click these photos to enlarge them to see the beauty of these shades. I am not even a big gold polish fan, but I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Tipsy. I'm a sucker for super-fine microglitter and I just love this one. I do want to warn you though that both of these polishes dry to a semi-matte finish, so be prepared to use a good top coat when you're done (which of course you would do anyway to smooth out the bumpiness of the glitter, right?).

Next up, when I was at CVS last week, I spotted some new Wet n Wild products I had never seen before!
Wet n Wild Train Case (retail: $14.99)

Not to be confused with this Wet n Wild Train Case, this one is has a faux croc finish, and it seems very sturdy. It's empty inside and doesn't have any bells or whistles (no removeable shelves, etc.) but it's a pretty good size and I like the little Wet n Wild insignia on the front. Cute!

Also at CVS, I spotted these holiday mini polish sets:

Wet n Wild Flirt Nail Polish sets (retail: $4.99 each)

This line of minis is called "Flirt" and as you can see, one of the sets has more "non-traditional" shades, while the other set has softer, more safe-for-work shades. The black shade on the left actually has silver microglitter in it, and the dark purple shade (bottom right in the first set) looks very similar to Midnight, which I showed you above (from the LE Wild Shine collection). I think this is a really good value--eight minis for around five bucks.

So, that's it for my Wet n Wild sightings lately. Do you own anything I've mentioned here? Are you tempted by any of these goodies? As always, I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I'll be interested to see that collection...I'd love to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can run across this display. I want Tipsy too. Looks like the ones you got are best used as layering.
    I love the swatching you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! I love shimmers and glitters. Haha, every time you post about polish I flip out and add a few more to my list. I'm sure I'll be spending way too much at the drugstore tomorrow. I love Champagne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope the stores near me will have these polishes. I'm still disappointed/angry that we never got the Guilty Pleasures Wild Shine nail polish display (the one with all the bright candy-themed n/p that came out late spring/early summer this year).

    Tipsy looks lovely. It reminds me of one of the holiday n/p from wnw's Festive Flirt winter 2009 collection. I think it was called Gumdrop. I passed on it and still regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell, A LOT of work went into that post! Great job! Awesome swatches. Thanks so much for sharing! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice swatches, and I truly love that you showcase brands like wet n wild. Student, mother, obsessed with nail polish= WNW fan!
    I love Toast, and from your description, Fireworks. To me...Spectacle looks a lot like "Sparked" and Champagne a bit like "Shield" from the WnW craze line. Midnight...I know there is a WnW one like that...it's on the tip of my brain!! Wild Orchid maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those are really pretty, and perfect sparkle for the holidays coming up. Of course, I was in my drugstore today and there was nothing of the sort to admire, but I'll keep my eyes peeled! Thanks for the pictures - now I know just what ones I need to get!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Firework, I haven't try it on yet, but I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Midnight = Wild Orchid

    No affil

    http://www.stephscloset.com/blog/gallery/id/3737/wet-n-wild-wild-orchid-nail-polish/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they used to have something in the core collection like spectacle b/c I had bought it before the whole revamped WnW came out. I have no idea where it went though, which is strange. I keep realizing that some of my polishes have disappeared! Anyway, I really like tipsy. I hope this collection is out somewhere near me b/c I'm definitely going to pick that one up! Hopefully I can find my spectacle dupe as well. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tipsy is gorgeous. In your photos Spectacle kind of looks like Sparked, and Midnight looks like Wild Orchid from the permanent line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. is it just me or do the names make you think of New Year's Eve? they amuse me.

    i get what you meant about how posting helps make things seem normal on at least one level, so i hope it works! i think it's the principle that loss of control over one area makes us want to use what we can control as a distraction.

    can i just say- i am always so impressed by your manis!!! you make them look so good, like it's easy to paint your nails with awesomeness. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw those shades at CVS last week but my eyes skimmed over them and focused on a display of sparkly eyeliners LE if am not mistaken!!! They are double ended with traditional WNW colors in the pencil and a liquid glitter liner on the other end that complements the pencil color!!! $2.99. The glitter so far is not getting into my contacts!!!

    Was going to pick up the Red Sally Hansen you swatched the other day but may double check the WNW display again 1st!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. While I am somewhat pouty about the re-treadedness of some of these, I will still probably scoop up a bunch when I see this display because they are pretty and also 99 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for this! I did a post about this collection this week too - great minds :) Well, what a steal, eh? I picked up Midnight, Champagne, Celebrate, and Extravaganza (my fave and yesterday's NOTD). Will have to check out Tipsy - looks so nice layered over a dark color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with thedogismine that Midnight looks like Wild Orchid. I am kind of bummed that it's a dupe, but since Wild Orchid was discontinued the last time colors were added to the core collection it will at least allow people who missed out the first time to get their hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know what's crazy? I just saw this display at my local CVS (although pretty almost empty) but that means it's only been there for maybe about a month. Timing of these collection displays is so varied it kinda sux :(

    On the other hand, I did get to purchase tipsy and champagne :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig