Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Say goodbye to those CVS polishes...

It constantly impresses me that my dear friend Halifax, the Canadian blogger behind Sparkled Beauty, always knows more about what's going on in the world of US drugstore beauty than I do, despite the fact that she's in another country!

Today Halifax informed me that Confetti and 10 polishes are being pulled from CVS. I had no idea about this, so she quickly filled me in (thanks, H!).  And then I saw Nails Beautiqued's informative post which explains exactly what's going on between Sally Hansen and MBA Beauty (makers of Confetti and 10 polishes). It's an interesting read, so definitely check it out when you have a minute.

So the big question that Halifax asked, and one I wish I could answer, is: will Confetti and 10 go on clearance soon, or will CVS just sell the existing stock until it's gone? When CVS gets rid of a line, it usually goes on deep clearance, but the circumstances of this line going away are a little different, so it might not go on sale at all--who knows! If any of you spot Confetti or 10 polishes on clearance at your local CVS locations, could you let me know? It would be nice to get them at a low price before they disappear forever. 

If you have no idea what Confetti and 10 polishes look like, here are pics from some of my earlier reviews:


 
Also, if you want to see any of the individual shades that I have reviewed, just do a search for "confetti" on this blog and all of them should come up.

In the meantime, are you sad that these lines seems to be going bye-bye?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. oh no! i just moved to where i'm near CVS locations, and these were one of the reasons i was so excited. i hope they go on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleh, well this stinks. I really wasn't over the moon with the formula and brushes with this brand, but I liked having them around. They had an nice variety of colors with at a great price! I recommend getting Smitten and Moonstruck if anyone is unsure. Those are my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried these polishes yet! I'll be looking for clearance signs though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they will be missed as a low-end polish. Steph is right about Moonstruck; it's very cool. So, you can probably guess where I'm going tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph: Awww, that SUX! I'm sorry hun. :(

    StardustStephanie & Kimberly: Did you see my Moonstruck comparison from a while back? You might find it interesting. :)

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/07/by-request-confetti-moonstruck-10.html

    Tiff: If you find these on clearance, could you let me know? Thanks honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I was curious about your overall thoughts on the line -should I be stocking up?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The CVS stores in my area don't carry 10 or Confetti. I've looked when you've put up reviews and nada. Guess it's a regional product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted to try Confetti eversince you post up the post about this new brand at CVS. I rarely shop at CVS because it is not convenience for me, so I have not get a chance to buy one. I am kinda disappointed to see that it will get pull off soon. I do hope that they have sale for it. I do not like to shop for nail polishes because I don't paint my nails often, and when I do buy them, it is hard for me to choose color since dark, bold, bright color is not a choice for me. What I have left is light pink, natural to nude, and may be a light purple if I am lucky. Therefore, I have to make careful decision when I buy polishes. I am also not sure if Confetti is available at my CVS. I might check it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been too swayed by their displays (too many nail polishes already and I'm cheap), but for a clearance? I'll buy the crap outta them for xmas presents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went yesterday and the display was still up and had a lot of the colors still there for the orig. price $1.99. Location was Santa Clarita, CA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just saw them in Central TX for the 1.99 price.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hm, i havent even seen these brands of polish at any of the CVS stores near me. maybe i just havent been looking, i'll check the two CVS's in my area this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  13. what this is lame.. i finally not that broke(student) to check some of the colors out.. they have interesting shades... boo but I hope they go on clearance.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Interesting. As you know I am reading archives and only just discovered Confetti in Feb 2010. My main CVS has (to my knowledge) never had this, another kind of local does. I discovered this in Feb, late Feb, and it was a brand new, full display on the Saturday morning I saw it. I bought about six of the Confetti's cause they looked so great. I love this brand and I guess something happened to keep it for sale.

    Back to reading, but I had to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am confused ed cause I see their polishes stocked all the time in every cvs I go to do you know what happen or whats going I know this is a post from last year but are they possible not going to be there any more, accuely the cvs closest to me had their shelf stocked with them all for the holidays???

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig