Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Review: Wet n Wild The Gold & the Beautiful

Before I spotted the new limited edition Wet n Wild Craze polish collection called "Pixel Perfect" at my local Rite Aid, the lovely and amazing Niki over at Cheapalicious found the display in her area and reviewed a few shades (click here for her review). I was so excited to see more of these shades (I've only seen a few here and there on other blogs).  So you know what Niki does after I tell her how excited I am to see her swatches? She SENDS me one of the polishes! I mean, one of the new LE WnW polishes that she just bought! How SWEET and unbelievably generous is that? She said that she already owned a color very close to The Gold & the Beautiful (I love how all the colors in the Pixel Perfect collection are named after TV shows) so she didn't really have a need for it. Check it out:

 Wet n Wild The Gold & the Beautiful (retail: $1.99)

 (with flash)
(no flash, florescent lighting)

I don't have many golds in my nail polish collection so this was a very welcome treat! These pics were taken after two coats with no top coat. The formula is very smooth and applies easily (just like the other Craze polishes I own). I love how this shade is so rich and so perfect for fall. It's just got "autum" written all over it to me. How cute to pair it with some tailored slacks, a black turtlneck sweater and simple gold jewelry (and some cute black boots, of course). Wow, can you tell I'm excited for colder weather or what?

So again, a HUGE thanks to Niki for this random act of kindness.  I love my fellow beauty and fashion bloggers!! :)

PS: Speaking of nail polish! I just tweeted about this but in case you don't follow me on Twitter, there's a new $1 Nicole by OPI coupon up on Red Plum. You can grab it here.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. You are so right that is the perfect nail color for Fall. I love Fall season & I'm super happy that I can be stylish without the freezing weather of PA (currently living in Alabama). This is exciting, all ready for it to come and school didn't start yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous gold!! I haven't seen this collection but I'm gonna be looking for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Internationally Beautiful: Oh heck, at this point I'd take freezing cold weather over this humid, sticky weather we're currently having in San Diego. haha. Glad you like the gold too. :)

    Kimberly: I totally agree! Yay! Are you going to get it? ;)

    Phyrra: Thanks! I think so too. :)

    ShortAndSweetNails: I agree--definitely keep your eyes peeled for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Niki is so amazing! I love the names of these polishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the WnW Craze Goldmine - does the new one have more orange in it? I love the Goldmine. It lasted a good two weeks of flip-flop summer pedicure time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you HAVE to try the purple one!!! its called Buffy the Violet Slayer and it rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was sweet of her :) The polish looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so gorgeous! i'm so glad you did this post because i've been wondering whether or not to buy this or not...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. G, you're always welcome! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the gold. It has just a hint of copper to it--it seems. That's a must get.

    thanks dear, dahlila xxoo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig