Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 2, 2010

New Milani Limited Edition Nail Flash Collection

Wow! I didn't see this one coming! I was at my local CVS the other day and I spotted this brand new limited edition polish collection from Milani:

Obviously the concept behind this collection is polishes that give you a "flash" of color, but I didn't really see the flash in the two red shades or the brown shade. I don't know--I'm NO expert--but to me, the two red shades kind of seemed to have a China Glaze Ruby Pumps vibe. If you're a Ruby Pumps lover, I think you might like these.

The one I actually purchased, which in my opinion had the most "flash" quality to it, is called Flash Light and it's a beauty! But of course, I had a hard time capturing the gorgeousness of this shade in photos, so here are pics of it in various forms of lighting. The large swatch in the middle really captures the pink flash in this shade the best:


In my opinion, Flash Light is so sparkly it's got a foil effect when applied, but then it also has that duochrome-y pink and gold flash effect going on as well. It's a deep orange with so much going on--you really have to see it in person to appreciate it. The above pics were taken after two coats, but it would probably be even prettier with three.

So, have you seen the Nail Flash collection in your area yet? Do you own any shades? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I haven't found this collection yet, but want to! How does it compare to the metal collection? I've read a few places they are kinda alike? I can't find the metals either! Ugh! I have looked and looked for them. I'm still hoping I at least find one of them.

    I like the color you picked, it looks great on you! :-)

    By the way, I started a nail blog, and would love to have you follow. If you're interested. :-)

    http://alisnailnews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali: You know, I never got around to buying any polishes from the Metal collection, so I really don't know! Haha. But thank you for the sweet words about this color--I forgot how much I love oranges so I'm glad I got it. If you find the display, I highly recommend it. I'll definitely check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for following me. :-) I appreciate it.

    I checked AGAIN today, and still can't find either collection. I am def. going to grab this color if/when I find it. It's super pretty. :-)

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted a brand new display of this one on Friday at my CVS and I had to smack my right hand with my left hand. I almost bought the one on the right side in the front (it's the one that's slanted in the display) because it reminded me of a pink/purple version of Hot Metal from the Liquid Metal Intense collection. I thought it was suuuuuper pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig