Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nail swatches: Sinful Colors, Confetti & 10 Professional polishes

Here are some new shades I've recently acquired--I thought it would be nice to condense this down into one post with four different shades, as opposed to posting them one at a time. I've been on a manicure roll for the past few weeks and I'm finally putting all my new polishes to good use!

First, a few of the polishes I purchased during the Sinful Colors deal last week:


Sinful Colors Boogie Nights (retail: $1.99)


I've been on coral kick lately and I am LOVING Boogie Nights. I took this, and the other coral creme from Sinful Colors (can't remember the name right now) over to the WnW display to see how they compared to WnW Tropicalia (which I also own and love). Boogie Nights was dramatically different (much more orange than pink, but still a coral) so it went in my basket. It's way prettier in person than it looks in these pics.


Sinful Colors Bali Mist (retail: $1.99)


I've been eyeing Bali Mist for a looong time now. Every time I see it, I get captivating by its swirly, shimmery purple goodness. Unfortunately, it's just as sheer as I dreaded it would be. The above pics were taken after four coats. Bummer. If you have a suggestion for jazzing up this color (layering it over something else) please let me know!


10 Professional Nail Lacquer Moonlight (retail: $3.99 at CVS)


If you missed my previous post about 10 Professional, this is a new line of polishes currently available at CVS and distributed by the same company that makes the other new line of nail polishes at CVS, Confetti. Since this is the "professional" line, it seems to contain a few more "safe for work" shades and Moonlight is definitely one of them. But even though this color brings out the red tones in my skin (boo!) I love it because it's work-appropriate yet manages to be trendy at the same time. No one's going to stare at you for wearing this color, but yet it's still an on-trend color and a nice alternative to nudes. I LOVE it and even though it reminds me of several polishes I already own, I'm glad I purchased it (I can do a comparison swatch post of Moonlight and other shades if anyone's interested). One thing I do want to note is that the brush is VERY long in these polishes, so even when you think you've swiped off enough polish, you run the risk of depositing way too much polish on your nails when you're painting them. That's really my only complaint so far though. The formula is nice and smooth--not too thick, not too thin. And this pic was taken two days into my mani with no chips and just a little tip-wear.


Confetti Long Wearing Nail Color in Moonstruck (retail: $1.99 at CVS)


OK, if you already own Rimmel Steel Gray or Sally Hansen Commander in Chic, you SO do not need Moonlight (and this is coming from someone who is obsessed with greige/mushroom shades and believes one can never have enough!). BUT, if you've been eyeing Steel Gray or Commander in Chic and have not yet purchased either one yet, I WOULD consider getting Moonlight if you want a much cheaper alternative. It's that close to the other two. Again, I can do a comparison post if anyone's interested. Also, the formula of this polish was thinner than 10 Professional and I could have used three coats (the above pics were taken after two). But other than that, it wore well--these pics were taken after two days and no chips.

Hope you enjoyed my mini-swatchfest! Do you own any of these shades? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I would love to see a coat or two of Bali Mist over Moonlight. Seems Moonlight would remove the VNL and the combo seems just interesting enough to work [for me]. I'd also love to see others like Moonlight you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only times that I've picked up nail polishes is when I buy them as gifts lol. I really like the Bali Mist. It's a really interesting color. I wouldn't think its a pretty color in the bottle but its soo nice on your nails. I guess you can put glitters??? but then I wouldn't know coz i'm clueless with nail stuff lol.

    Thanks for congratulating me. It was pretty exciting to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. try bali mist over a creme white like nyc or something. I did that once and it came out an irridescent pale pink that I couldn't stop staring at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd like to see a comparison post between the Rimmel/Sally Hansen/Confetti greige polishes!

    i'm excited to hear that there might be a cheaper alternative to those colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To get rid of the sheerness, you can try a beige shade that is close to your natural colour, as a base, before applying Bali Mist. Or just play it as a shimmery top coat on top of another colour of cream finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sinful Colors always has the best coral polishes and the best colors overall. Plus the saying power is also really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the coral one!

    roxy

    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You said before that you love those pale sparkly purple colors in the bottle, but on your nails it always looks pink. Looks like this one is like that too. I'd try a pale to medium blue cream as a base and see if you can't keep it purple that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have boogie nights but it looks less coral, more red on me. Plus I'm finding that Sinful polishes chip really easily. I applied one yesterday night and its already chipped on three nails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you do a comparison of 10 Moonlight and other shades? I'd like to see some similar shades. Please and thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that HiP duo looks AHHmazing on you! Love it!!! I have Sinful Bali Mist too and I've only used it once because as you discovered it takes waaay too many coats to show and I just don't have the patience for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh i like that first shade! sinful colors as has the best shades, and i love how inexpensive they are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'm going to break down and buy Moonlight. It seems to be everything I wanted Orly Country Club Khaki to be but wasn't (CCK on me was a dark gray/purple shade). How does it compare to Sally Hansen Wet Cement (which I still need to buy)?

    ninarapoll@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love it if you would do a comparison! I can't find Confetti up here in Oregon. =( I'm dying for some of the colors in the display! Do you know of any way those of us who don't have CVS could get our hands on some? And I am adoring Boogie Nights, I may have to go find that tomorrow! Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw a picture of Bali Mist over Fig. It was beautiful! Which made me want to go back to the store and buy both.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig