Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Spotted at CVS!

I'm super excited to show you some of the new goodies I spotted at CVS yesterday, so let's get started:

First off, I finally spotted this display:

How cute is that giant purple tube of mascara?

If you haven't heard about Maybelline's new Volum' Express Mascara yet, The Falsies claims to give you the same effect as, well, wearing false eyelashes! According to this display, The Falsies will give you "3x more visible lashes, from corner to corner, with no gaps from any angle." Sounds interesting, right? Well if you read my last post, you know that I just purchased a tube, so I'll definitely post a review after I'm done testing it. Also, CVS currently has this mascara on sale for $7 (retail: $7.49) and they're also giving you two Extra Bucks when you purchase it (mine printed out on my receipt with a note that said I got the Extra Bucks specifically because I purchased this mascara). Pretty good deal, which you can make even better if you have any Maybelline coupons lying around (which I did, so I ended up getting this product for $4 before tax).

Next up, I also spotted these new displays and products:


Milani has a new nail color display called La Vie en Rose, which is an absolutely gorgeous display with beautiful shades of rose-hued polishes. Sadly, I didn't spot any new shades here, but I have to say that this is a wonderful way to re-market colors from their core collection. I was totally sucked in from the first moment I laid eyes on this display, and I'm not even a huge pink/red/rose nail polish fan!

Next, I also spotted a new collection from Garnier: Color Shield Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-in Treatment. All of these products contain acai berry and grape seed oil, and because of my deep love of all things acai berry, I had to take a quick whiff. To my surprise, this line does NOT smell like the other Garnier Fructis products I've used in the past. It really smells more like acai berry! I was tempted to get something just for the fragrance, but I resisted.

Lastly, I also spotted a new addition to the CVS house brand, Essence of Beauty. As most of you EoB bath and body lovers already know, they have a rather extensive collection of products that seem to be inspired by Bath & Body Works. Recently they released a line of anti-bac hand products, and yesterday I spotted this new bar soap. And for all you EoB fans, have you tried the Limited Edition Pixie Tangerine scent yet? It is divine!

That's it for now, but if you're a nail polish lover, I think you might want to check back a bit later because I found something pretty amazing at Walgreens yesterday and I'll be posting about it very soon. :)
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I was in Istanbul last week, and purchased a tube of the Falsies... then purchased 2 more, because I loved it! I was super excited about it - and even purchased a tube for my best friend. I have to say that I was kinda mad (stop your feet mad) when I saw it at Walmart today! Oh well... I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh they made the tube purple just so I would buy it even though I already have my perfect mascara...the scoundrels

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this mascara today! :D I got it for a dollar less than you because CVS has a $1 coupon off the Falsies mascara that you can print out!! Heads up anyone who still wants to get it. You can find the printable coupon at iheartcvs.com

    ^^ Hope that helped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this mascara. Love love love it! Also, My CVS never has any separate Milani displays. I feel like I'm missing out. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to try out The Falsies for myself pretty soon; I've heard some mixed reviews about it but I'm so curious! Definitely anxious to hear what you think of it.
    And I'm also excited to hear what you found at Walgreens :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tested out and reviewed the falsies mascara. It's a really good mascara BUT (there's always a but...) it's at it's best when it's been opened for a couple of weeks rather than straight away - it's too messy for the first few uses. Also, a tip with the brush - I find it applies better using the narrower sides rather than the flatter 'spoon' bit. Gives better separation and length :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went hunting for The Falsies mascara a few weeks ago and found it at sale on CVS for $4.49, which was odd because no other Maybelline was on sale nor was it in the ad, but I didn't complain! =) I really like it! I always apply mascara to the "back" of my lashes, and I use the outer curve of the brush for this (the part with the longer bristles), and it works perfectly. I have to say out of all the new mascaras to come out recently (CG LB Fusion, Revlon Grow Luscious, and this), this one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally off topic, but could I ask what do you use to make your collages? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just tried Falsies for the first time yesterday and I about LOST IT. It made my lashes DELISH. Review comin' up shortly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina: Wow, it's great to know this mascara is so easily available internationally! And glad to know you love it! :)

    MakeupMusings: Ha! That totally sucked me in as well. :)

    AngelicBB: Awesome! Thanks so much for the tip--I haven't been on IheartCVS yet this week so I totally missed that. :)

    veflexra: Awww, I'm sorry your CVS doesn't get these cute counter displays. :( But I'm so happy you're loving this mascara. Yay! :)

    In Her Makeup Bag: Yep, I'm seeing mixed reviews as well. It seems people are either loving it or hating it...I can't wait to start testing it so I can see for myself! :)

    Beautyjunkielondon: Awesome tips!! Thank you so much, honey! And you know what? If find that to be the case with so many mascaras (how they get better after a couple of weeks when they've had time to thicken up). I used to have the same experience with my beloved Max Factor mascaras too! And I will totally take your advice about the brush. SO good to know. :)

    JenJen: Wow, that IS odd! And I am so glad you're loving this mascara--it's making me want to tear off the packaging and put it on right NOW. Ha! :)

    adorepink: Oh, I'm sorry to say that it's nothing too glamorous! Just good ol' picasa. :)

    Amber: Girl, you're making me want to remove the *other* mascara I'm currently testing and put this on immediately! Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig