Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 16, 2010

Review: Epielle Citrus Cleansing Tissues

[UPDATE: several readers have told me that you can find Epielle Cleansing Tissues at Big Lots as well as various dollar stores. They also come in Cucumber and Green Teal, in addition to Citrus, and I love them all equally]

I pretty much owe my entire obsession with Epielle Cleansing Tissues to my gal Alyson over at Gloss Menagerie. If it weren't for Alyson, I probably would have never even known about these little gems. You see, not only does she love these towelettes (her fave is Green Tea which, sadly, I cannot find in my area), but apparently Epielle Cleansing Tissues are loved by many others in the makeup community as well. So if someone tells me there's a dollar store product that's receiving raves for its quality and performance, well shoot. You know I'm going to have to track down that product ASAP.

After many months of scouring my dollar stores, I finally, FINALLY found these in a totally obscure, independent "nothing over $1" store tucked inside a random strip mall here in San Diego. And guess what? Even though the store I found these in claims that "nothing is over $1", these were priced at $1.49 each. Ha! Oh well. It was worth the extra 49 cents:

Epielle Citrus Cleansing Tissues (retail: approx. $1 for 30 tissues)



The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was the lovely smell. These cloths are very lightly scented with a lovely citrus fragrance, and they are moist, but not too moist. I'd say they're just perfect.



It's hard to try and capture the softness of these towelettes, so I took some pics in two types of lighting (above). It still doesn't do it justice, but trust me, these babies are SOFT. I mean, absolutely silky. They put my Target brand Up & Up unscented baby wipes (what I've been using lately to remove my makeup on lazy nights) to shame, I tell you!

And unlike my Target baby wipes, I can remove even my most stubborn mascara and eye makeup with just one of those cloths (with no tugging or pulling!). It takes two cloths to remove my entire face of makeup, but I can get by with using just one cloth if it was a light makeup day.

And let me talk about how these cloths leave my skin. Wow! My face feels so soft, but not dry or tight at all. I've been using these for a few weeks now and I've experienced no breakouts or skin irritation. My face just feels fresh, clean and soft when I'm done removing my makeup. In fact, I have to admit that I have been lazier than usual about washing my face at night since I bought these. I just look forward to using them so much that I've been skipping my usual trip to the sink in favor of using these while watching TV before bed. Although nothing compares to washing your face at night, I have to say, if you're really tired or just plain lazy, these make the job of removing your making a treat!

If you are a makeup remover towelette person, I think you might really like these little gems. Apparently they're available at various dollar stores across the nation, so if you're interested, definitely be on the lookout for them at your local dollar store. For me, they were well worth the hunt (and thanks again, Alyson!).

Are you already using Epielle Cleansing Tissues? Do you love them as much as I do? If you haven't used them yet, are you thinking about trying to find them at your local dollar store? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

32 comments

  1. wow i will have to look for these when i pass by the dollar stores around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce: Definitely! They are well worth the hunt. I can't remember a time when I actually looked forward to taking off my makeup, but I do now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought these before from Big Lots in a different scent and quite frankly, I didn't think they were that good.

    I have oily skin and these wipes dried out my face. Definitely didn't leave it soft as it did for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikita2471: Ah man, my Big Lots *never* has these! I wonder if the different scents = different formulations? I have very oily skin and these Citrus ones haven't dried out my face one bit. At any rate, I'm bummed that these didn't work for you. :( Do you remember which scent you tried? I might need to make a mental note to stay away from that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be hunting these down! Thanks!
    !Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stuck on the fresh & easy baby wipes you recommended me, but these are intriguing. Hopefully I can find them at the 99 Cent store only b/c there are no other dollar stores in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these guys too! I find them much better than even the fancy Loreal or Olay ones. And for $1, I don't feel bad if I don't use them for awhile and they end up drying out. I find them all the time at my Big Lots, the one in Mira Mesa. I love, love, love your blog! ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought some like this from Big lots one time they werent citrus scented though. Those were the best makeup remover wipes i ever bought. i think i bought a total of 5 packages and wish i would have bought the whole display and all the stock they had!!! These are really good. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never even knew baby wipes can remove makeup well and now these?! :p U are absolutely making me go crazy! i want to hunt these down NOW. But I don't even know where to begin. If I go into random, obscure dollar stores, I'm not sure they'd carry them :p But I guess I can try. I've never used much of the towelettes because I find them too drying for my skin but for $1, I'd definitely try it! The Biore ones are terrible though and overpriced!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so so so glad you finally found these babies. :P And thanks for the shout out! I get a small silly pleasure out of being an enabler. :P

    I've now tried green tea and cucumber, but now I want to try the citrus! Green tea is still my fave but the cucumber scent (and it is SO dead on) has grown on me.

    I'm going to take a visit to the local korean market this weekend and see if they have all the scents (that's where I originally found the green tea).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I own the regular (couldn't find green tea or citrus) BUT I love these more than I've ever loved any other cleansing tissues (except for MAC...I LOVE them but won't pay for them, haha)

    I purchase mines at a Big Lots, my dollar stores don't have em! haha, it's worth the 25 min commute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, they don't dry me out in the least!! And I get dry from anything cleansing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sylvia: Yay! Can't wait to see what you think of them. :)

    PCS: Those Fresh & Easy baby wipes are pretty darn awesome, aren't they? I love how thick and resilient they are, but I've gotta say, if you can find the Epielle cloths, they are softer and do a better job at removing mascara. Also, I've been told that you can also find these at Big Lots (yay!) so maybe check there. I'd love to see you do a compare/contrast review if you find them. :)

    Liz: OMG OMG OMG, I neeed to go up to Mira Mesa and get more of these! Thank you SO much for the heads-up, because I have yet to find these at any of the Big Lots locations in my part of the county. Oh, and can you tell me the price of these at Big Lots (and also which fragrances are available)? Thanks SO much, honey!

    Rainy Days: OMG, yes!!! Don't waste $$ on makeup towelettes when baby wipes can do just as good of a job (if you can't find these Epielle cloths, that is!). I have used several brands of baby wipes over the years and just as long as you buy the unscented (or sensitive-skin) formulas, you should be fine! I love baby wipes and they're so much cheaper than Biore, etc. Like they say, if they're good enough for a baby's bottom, they're probably good enough for your face. lol! :) Oh and one more tip: if the baby wipes don't remove all of your mascara or eye makeup, I like to put some eye makeup remover directly on the baby wipe to kind of help things along. hope that helps!

    Alyson: LOL!! You are so welcome, and yes, you are my #1 enabler when it comes to these babies! Great to know that you like the other two scents as well--I am totally on the hunt for them! And did you see that some of my readers have been locating these at Big Lots? Yay!

    Janine: That's awesome! I am so glad you love these too, and that they don't dry out your skin either! Yay!! I didn't even know they made a regular version--Alyson said there is a cucumber scent as well. I want them ALL, I tell ya! Oh how I wish my Big Lots sold these. Hopefully they'll get 'em soon. Oh, and btw, what's the retail price on these at Big Lots? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brace yourself, drum roll please, one whole dollar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! Seriously??? Whoo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found some more of the regular ones at Big Lots for $1.00 today, they had plenty of stock. Like i said in my previous post, i love these things. wish i could find the citrus ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there!
    I just wanted to tell you that I picked these up at a Christmas tree shop for $1.19! I haven't tried them yet because I have some L'oreal ones I'm using at the moment. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry for the delay... In Mira Mesa Big Lots, they're always $1. So far I've found the cucumber cleansing tissues for all skin types, and the Make-up Remover Cleansing Tissues for all skin types (purple one). I like the cucumber one better. :) ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Neat, I'll have to write this down and hunt around for them next time I need to go shopping for them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I found your blog by doing a search on these cleansing tissues. I normally use baby wipes to take off my makeup before I wash my face, but I saw the Green Tea version at my local Big Lots this morning for $1, so I picked them up. Then, I got home and did a quick Google search to make sure that they weren't going to melt my skin off or something. ;)

    I'm happy to hear such rave reviews! I may go back and get a few more packs! I'm actually sitting here right now wanting to take my makeup off just to try them (even though I have a dinner to go to later tonight, lol).

    Thank you!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got mine at Big Lots and I have the Cucumber Cleasing Tissues. One wipe removes all my makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Found these in Green Tea at my local Big Lots today. 60 for $2- I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Green Tea. I unfortunetly ran out of them a few days ago and am back to just using dollar store brand baby wipes.:( I HAVE TO GET MORE!! I found them at Big Lots for $1.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these babies. I pick up the giant ones for $2 at Big Lots. I love the green tea and cucumber ones.

    ReplyDelete
  25. After reading your post on the sighting of Philosophy products, I went to my local Big Lots looking for them but instead I spotted tons of these at only $2 for a pack of 60 wipes, so I couldn't help but pick up two packs! I used them for the first time yesterday and I already love them, my favorite part is that it removes my water-proof mascara with in just a few swipes and doesn't leave any residue on my face. One of my new favorite products ever!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome you're in SD too, well just so you know sometimes at the store Grocery Outlet they have the green tea ones, 60 tissues for 1.99+tax.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i had no idea you reviewed these. i bought a pack at big lots for make-up kit. i am so happy to hear that you like them :D what a great deal! i got a huge 60 pack in cucumber for $2.00.
    they also had them in aloe.

    ReplyDelete
  28. they have the green tea ones are at big lots in national city on plaza blvd 2 bucks for 60 wipes

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have you ever gotten a bum pack of these? My latest pack smells sour!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the Green Tea wipes. Have tried other expensive wipes but these are the only ones that do not burn my eyes. If they dry out you can re-wet them with a little water.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just found some at my local Big Lots., I finally get to try them :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love these, my Big Lots carries them in abundance. So I always buy them 3 or 4 packs at a time. no other wipes can compare.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig