Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Palladio Baked Eyeshadow Trios!

In my humble opinion, Palladio has got to be one of the most underrated drugstore-level brands on the market today. Available at Sally Beauty, Ulta, online and various beauty supply stores across the nation, Palladio consistently releases products that are on the same level as the best drugstore (and many high-end) products that I've purchased over the years.

With that, I'm delighted to tell you that I recently received several new releases from Palladio and I'm going to be sharing all of them with you over the next week or so. I am SO excited to share with you what's in store for all of us, and today I want to start with the new shades of Palladio's Baked Eyeshadow Trios, which, according to my contact, should now be available at your local Sally Beauty.

If you missed my previous review of the Baked Eyeshadow Trios, click here. I won't rehash what I said in that review, but the short version? They're fantastic. You can apply them dry or wet, and the colors are just gorgeous (they're all shimmery, but some are a little bit more shimmery than others). These are true shimmers though, so don't expect any annoying sparkle fallout on your cheeks when you apply them. They've got great blendablity, and the staying power is great too (I can get about 4-5 hours of wear before fading, and that's without a primer). For $8 (cheaper with a Sally Card), I think these are a great value because you get three very wearable shades in each compact.

Here are the brand new shades:

(click any picture to enlarge)

Palladio Baked Eyeshadow Trios (retail: $8 each)

(pic taken without flash)

(taken with flash)

(with flash)

(without flash)

(with flash)

(without flash)

If you know me, then you know that I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous bronzy-brown shade in the blue trio, The Blues. But actually, I love the darkest shade in each of these trios so much, and I think that my favorite trio so far is actually Ivy. I love the combo of the lime green, kelly green and mauve shade (again, if you know me, you know I'm always looking for a wearable shade of mauve/plum). Another thing I love about these trios is that the lightest shade in each trio is not overly-pigmented, which means that you can use it as a blending shade to sort of soften your overall look. For instance, I like applying the dark blue in the The Blues trio on my lid, with the bronze shade in the crease. Then, to tie it all together, I use the lighter shade of blue as a wash and apply it lightly to both my lid and crease and blend upward. It just gives the look a nice softness and, because the lighter shade of blue is less pigmented, it doesn't destroy the two darker shades already on my lids.

So how do you like these new shades from Palladio? Do you already own any Baked Eyeshadow Trios? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. THose look awesome! I often stumble upon palladio at ulta, but I never know what to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right - Palladio is very underrated. I love their products and these trios look awesome. They remind me of Stila =) Thanks for posting - I'll check these out next time I'm at Sally's or Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful! I tested out some of these last year and you are right -- they are an underrated brand given how good their products are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PCS: Well now you know! I think these are great little compacts and I think you'd love 'em. Also, I've got some more fun ideas for you coming up. :) xo

    Tropical Mind: I'm so glad you agree!! And yes, the colors do remind me of Stila, but soooo much more affordable, which you know I love! And you are so welcome--I'd love to see a review if you get any of these new shades. :)

    Lipstick Rules: I'm so glad you like these too! And I'm also glad you agree with my opinion that Palladio is underrated. I really wish more bloggers gave this brand some love--they totally deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they really look pretty, reminds me of MAC MES! very nice colors, hopefully this will be available in our country.. im a fan of their powders! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, those are nice! I have a couple Palladio lip glosses I got when they were on clearance at Longs and they're super nice. I haven't really tried any of their other products though...

    Oh, and at my Walmart tonight they had a TON of makeup in the clearance section! Lots of L'oreal HIP makeup, and I saw some Almay, and...I think some L'oreal nail polishes...Sally Hansen nail polishes, and most exciting for me was some Hard Candy makeup! They had some of the tinted lip balms, some eyeshadow trios, a couple lipsticks, and I think those fat glitter pencil things. But I was super happy that they had a bunch of the nail polishes for $2 each!

    I got Hot Pants, Frenzy, and Mr. Wrong, and Frenzy came up at $5 in the system, so I got that one for free! They also had the Monistat Chaffing gel for $1, so I got two tubes, hoping I'll like it. XD Everyone says it's an awesome makeup primer.

    I don't know if the clearance stuff is at all Walmarts, or just ours because they're remodelling right now, but you might want to check!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already have quite a few Palladio products. Meadow, metallics, black tie, and plums are the trios I have. I have to be careful how much pressure I put on the brush I use to apply them, very pigmented. How pigmented they are caught me by surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Ivy Trio and had forgotten about it up unitl this very second - thanks for the reminder about her gorgeous this is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh, you just KNOW I have to have Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Khymm: I'm so glad you like these, and I'm a fan of their face powders too! They rock! :)

    Hana: Oh yes, I LOVED Long's Drugs! That was my favorite, favorite drugstore and I used to get Palladio products there all the time. :( Congrats on your Walmart score! Wow!!! I wonder if this is going on at all locations! :)

    thedogismine: Wow, I'm impressed with your Palladio collection! And I totally agree--these are so pigmented! It's fantastic! :)

    Janet: Oooh, you need to bust it out and use it again, honey! lol! :D

    Amber: OMG, I might cry if I saw you wearing the colors in Ivy. Seriously, they would be STUNNING on you (of course). xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are ok, but the colors are very unoriginal. it seems to me they copied almay! seashell is the exact colors as almay trio for hazels, the blues is the same as their trio for blues, and ivy is the same as their trio for greens. theres 2 trios per eye color in the almay line, and those are definitely exact dupes to the almay ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig