Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 27, 2009

Breaking news! L'Oreal's Roller Foundation has hit the US (and so has Maybelline's "The Eraser" and SO much more!) Warning: PIC HEAVY

[UPDATE: For my full review of Maybelline Instant Age Rewind The Eraser, please click here]

This is the craziest drugstore report I have ever posted, so pop some popcorn, put your feet up and get comfortable because I have got A TON to show you. I have never been more excited about a drugstore post so let's get right to it!

First, do you remember back in October when I posted about L'Oreal's new True Match Roll'on Foundation that was released in the UK? The UK commercial, which you can see here, features Eva Longoria and Evangeline Lilley and the product absolutely mesmerized me.

But then I saw this wonderful review by Lipglossiping and my excitement sort of dwindled. But if you want to try it for yourself, I just saw the display at Walgreens yesterday, so IT'S HERE!

Instead of calling it True Match Roll'on Foundation (as they call it in the UK), the US name is True Match Roller Foundation:
(click images to super-size)



The display actually has three shelves of colors (there are only two showing in this pic) for a total of twelve shades total. Here are the shelves in order from top to bottom:







Someone must have really liked the C 1-2 shade because both slots were empty when I got there.


Sorry, that's my thumb in the pic. :)

As is the case with all L'Oreal foundations, I couldn't find one that I thought would be an instant match for my NC20 skin, but if you are excited to try this product, and you find a good match, I would LOVE to know your thoughts!

Next, I saw a HA-YOOOJ floor display for the new Maybelline foundations, lip glosses and mascara. Let's start with the foundations.

If you read my "Breaking Beauty News" post a little while ago about how Maybelline is planning to release some VERY interesting new foundations in 2010, well I am delighted to tell you that they're ALREADY HERE!

Here is the info about these two foundations from my original post:

"the reformulated Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup SPF 18 line contains goji berry, which boasts 19 amino acids, more than 500 times more vitamin C than oranges, and a complete spectrum of antioxidants.

New to the collection is The Eraser, a foundation with a micro-corrector applicator that dramatically reduces the appearance of wrinkles, according to company executives. It is available in 12 shades and will retail for $12.99. Also new is Primer Skin Transformer, which is to be used prior to foundation application. It will sell for $9.99."


I don't know about you, but I was SUPER curious about a foundation called The Eraser that has a "micro-corrector applicator". So guess what? I BOUGHT ONE! But I'm jumping ahead of myself so let me show you the display!

Maybelline The Eraser SPF 18 (retail: $12.99 at Walgreens):




See, it's got this soft, sort of fuzzy applicator that's about a 1/2 inch in diameter. It promises to "eraser instantly, deeply, and more completely". Say no more, Maybelline, I am THERE. Also, I think it's interesting that they have been developing this foundation for seven years. I hope that time paid off because I'm getting ready to use this today and I sure do have some issues on my face that I would like to eraser after my holiday binging. I will definitely report back after I use this for a few days.



There are twelve shades total, and if you look at the very end (right) you can see the new foundation primer, Primer Skin Transformer (retail: $9.99). I couldn't afford to buy that this time around but hopefully I'll pick it up soon to review. As is the case with other Maybelline foundations, I found a match in the second-to-lightest shade, 130 Buff Beige, so hopefully this will be a good fit for my NC20 skin. I will definitely keep you posted.


Here are some sneak peeks at my tube:



Next we have Maybelline's other new foundation, which is actually a reformulation of the original Age Rewind Radiant Firming Skin Makeup, now with SPF 18 and goji berry:





Just like The Eraser, I believe that the new Instant Age Rewind foundation also comes in twelve shades. And what's that array of glosses underneath the foundation, you ask?

Well that's Maybelline's new Shine Sensational Lip Gloss (retail at Walgreens: $6.49):



As if the new foundations didn't make my head explode, Maybelline, capitalizing off the huge success of its Color Sensational lipsticks and glosses, just released Shine Sensational, a collection of FIFTEEN gourmand-flavored lipglosses! DUDE, I haven't heard a THING about these (did I just say "dude"? I must be excited. lol).

The flavors range from mint leaves to candies (I counted at least three different types of candy) to all sorts of fruit (guava, blackberry, melons, etc) to different desserts (French pastries, toffee, chocolate truffles, etc.). This collection knocked my socks off with its originality and appeal to a more "sophisticated" palette. Think of these as a grown-up version of Lipsmackers with waaaaay prettier shades to choose from. I saw sheers, micro-glitters, shimmers, cremes, etc. There is literally something for everyone here and the colors are all beautiful. From what I can tell so far, Maybelline knocked it out of the park with these glosses.


The only name I remember is the pink tube (4th from the left) and it is "Crushed Candy".




My first instinct was to get the toffee flavored tube (second from the left) because it's a gorgeous pinky-brownish-rose creme (if you've been reading this blog for any length of time then you know that's the shade I always gravitate toward). But I went against my common sense and got this lovely tube:


And why, do you ask, did I buy a shimmery blueish pink gloss (a shade that tends to look horrible on me)? Because the photo on the front is of my FAVORITE French pastry EVER, the macaron.





Maybelline, you made a lip gloss that I can buy at the drugstore that tastes like French MACARONS? If I didn't love you before, now you've got my undying love and devotion for all time.

For my full review of this lovely gloss, please check back later in the week after I've had a few days to test it.

And if THAT wasn't enough to blow your mind, there is also a new Maybelline macara called Lash Stiletto Voluptuous, which features a rather unique brush:





Since I'm not a big fan of the Lash Stiletto line (the original just did not work for me), I probably won't be trying this, but I've got to say that the brush has me intrigued. How will it work?? If any of you get this, PLEASE tell me what you think!

OK, that's it for now, but believe it or not, I have MORE new products pics and info (hint: New Rimmel polishes and FINALLY a new and super adorable new product by NYC). So please be sure to check back here tomorrow if you're interested.

So...thoughts? Please let me if any of these new products interest you. I'd love to hear what you're planning to buy, and also what you think you'll pass on. Let's hear it!
SHARE:

28 comments

  1. I think I'm gonna faint!! I want all those lippies no matter if i wear them or not! Have you tried the Primer?? If so, please, a review will be appreciated :)

    I hope to see these soon in the Chilean shelves, cause we've been in the Colossal hype for a few months given that is already old story in the US!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those glosses @ Target today & got super excited too! I bought Sweet Indulgence & Treat Me Sweet. They're both pinky shades & smell amaazing. The pigmentation isnt the best, but oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! I will be looking for many of these, and will report back on my findings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMIGOSH so much amazing stuff!
    I'm so excited about those Maybelline glosses! Definitely a must buy for me, especially the macaroon and toffee ones!!
    I did see the Roller foundation at Walgreens recently. I never thought it would make it to the United States! Haha.
    I missed out on the original Age Rewind but I hear good things. So happy to see a foundation primer too! I think that's something that's sorely lacking in drugstores.
    Love your updates! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I hate maybelline but those glosses look so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeee... you got 6 more shades of the roller than we did... wonder if the lightest is still C2?

    Look at that Maybelline foundation... I want! I actually really like Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation, so I'm curious to try this one, wonder if/when it's coming to our shores.

    Can't wait for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH you make me sooo excited!!

    Okay, so yesterday I went to the Walgreens, NO not for make up, for actual DRUGS this time! And I saw them working on the make up display. I was waiting for my prescription when I saw one of them wheeling in this large box marked Maybelline NY Company or whatever. I guess that would be new products!! Ha ha.

    I will definitely popping back to that Walgreens before school starts again. I'm also so excited for the Rimmel and the NYC stuff! Can't wait til you make another post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ALWAYS love your drugstore news! The lash stilleto volume mascara has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The new year hasn't even started yet and all of these products are already out! I'd like to try ou that primer-- once I use up all of my own, that is.

    I read Charlotte's review (from Lipglossiping) and she said the roll-on foundation was a fluke and I do agree with her. There's no way you can get an even coverage of the face with that roller.

    :(

    Nice post though, R. The photos are tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooops, excuse me. I think the uneven coverage was my opinion. The mismatchiness of the shade was her take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your post! I love reading posts like these... I actually laughed when I saw that mascara brush because it's similar to the Lancome Hypnose Drama that was being raved about a while ago...

    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P244006&categoryId=C15350
    There's a link if you want to check it out. Anyway, people have said that they loved the brush because it helped them fan out their lashes, but I never tried it because the price tag is outrageous. If this is a drugstore dupe I might try it out- but you said you didn't like the formula, didn't you? Hmmmm... If you try it, please post a review! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! that's A LOT of new stuff! How exciting! I'm gonna have a field day with my next US haul. ugh, Lash Stiletto did nothing for me too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, this is not good news for me. I talked myself out of a Shine Sensational gloss last week (my Target had them), but I may NEED that Lash Stiletto Volume. (I liked the original Stiletto, so I have high hopes for the squiggle-brush formula.) And I STILL want an eyestudio duo or two and one of the redesigned XXL mascaras!

    (runs off to drugstore websites to see who has maybelline on sale this week)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I soooo want to try the Eraser. My face needs all the help it can get and the spackle I'm using isn't cutting it anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw 'em at Target and was super duper excited about the new Maybelline The Eraser SPF 18. However, after testing it at Walgreen I was kinda disappointed 'coz there are sparkles in it. I will wait for reviews on MUA before trying this out. Sparkles don't do well on my combo/oily skin. I am not so excited about L'Oreal True Match Roller Foundation, trust my MAC skunk brush over any of 'em roller. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too. Much. Excitement. Can't. Process. Head. Exploding.

    AAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

    my husband is gonna lock me in the closet if I dare try to head over to the stores in the next three months!
    I've got some serious shopping to do, lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm trying to digest all this, too much products to choose from and try. Wow!! Drugstore brands are definitely stepping their game up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow. dying to go scout these out. over my vacation i actually used up two foundations, two mascaras, and an eyeshadow that i loved disentigrated to dust, so i can (for once) justify buying some new stuff. i liked Lash Stiletto's definition, so might try the wiggly one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey thanks for all the wonderful pics. I saw the Maybelline stuff at target last Tuesday and I completely forgot to alert you. FYI, Target also had new Maybelline eyeshadow quads (that you haven't mentioned yet) that had some pretty bright colors and also some baked eyeshadows like those Jesse's Girl ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elena: LOL!! You and me both, honey. I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into Walgreens that day. I didn't buy the primer because I could only afford to get The Eraser, which I REALLY wanted to try. Hopefully I'll get it soon and report back. xo

    Trisha: I have only used my gloss once so far and I was thinking the pigmentation wasn't good because the color I got was so light. I wonder if the darker shades have better pigmentation. Hum... :)

    Scarlett: Can't WAIT for your report, sweetie! xo

    Heather: Yay! I'm so glad you're as excited as I am about these glosses. Can't wait to hear what you think! xo

    Citrine: Wow, so you hate *everything* by Maybelline? I seem to be having A LOT of success with some of their products lately--what is it about the brand that you hate? Thanks! :)

    Lipglossiping: Wow, I had no idea we got so many more shades than you. That is quite interesting. I am keeping my fingers crossed that these other new products will launch in the UK very, very soon! xo

    ndoodles: Aaaah, you were one day early! Well, all I can say is, definitely get back to Walgreens when you can because you neeeeed to see these all in person. xo

    Arezu: THANK YOU, honey!! I always wonder if people like these reports or just prefer to see product reviews. So thanks for taking the time to post that. Also, I can't wait to see what you think of that new mascara. xo

    Shela: Yeah, I agree, but I think that it's not intended to just roll on your face and go. I mean, you would HAVE to blend it with your finger or sponge after rolling it on, yes? That would just be insane otherwise. lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adina: Thank YOU for your comment! :) I had no idea there was already a brush like this out there. Wow, I am forever behind on my high end products, so thank you, thank you, for filling me in on that. Now I've got to say I'm a bit more intrigued. But the thing I didn't like about the original Lash Stiletto was that the formula was VERY dry and it didn't glide on the lashes with ease. I really had to work at it, and even then, it didn't do anything to increase the length. I think it's best if you don't need length or volume but just separation. But since this product is specifically for volume, I'm wondering if it's a totally different formula. In which case, I really need to try it. lol. xo

    Connie: lol! Yes you are, honey! Glad to know that someone else didn't like Lash Stiletto. It was totally just a big "meh" for me. Didn't lengthen, didn't thicken...all it did was separate. But maybe this new one has a completely different formula. Who knows! xo

    Beck: I would LOVE to hear what you think of this mascara if you try it! And would you believe that I cannot find those darn eyestudio duos ANYWHERE here? So frustrating! :( lol. xo

    dangerkitty: lol!! You and me both, honey pie! Well I am going to post my review this week, but if you get it before I post, PLEASE let me know what you think, ok? xo

    Diem Ho: Interesting! I actually didn't try the tester but I can tell you that I didn't detect any shimmer on my skin when I used The Eraser yesterday. But, I'm still testing it out so I'll keep you posted!

    charziparzi: OMG, I'm so glad I'm not alone with the head explosions. lol!! It's just too much, isn't it? That's why I only bought the foundation and one tube of gloss so far...baby steps. So take a deep breath and buy one product every few weeks if you can. It's not going anywhere, right? That's what I keep telling myself. lol!! xo

    rayqueenbee: I am right there with you, girlie! It's almost too much to process at once, isn't it? lol. And I 100% agree with you--the drugstore brands are REALLY stepping up their game for 2010!

    beautifulmonday: If you used up ALL of those products, then you DESERVE a nice drugstore haul, girlfriend! What's stopping you? Get out there and report back (please). xoxo

    colormepinkenblue: You are so welcome! I am SO frustrated to report that the only reason I haven't mentioned those eyestudio duos is because I cannot find them ANYWHERE here in San Diego. Can you believe it? I neeeeed to see them, and those baked ones you mentioned too! As soon as I spot them I will report back. In the meantime, did you buy any? xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. That same Maybelline display was in my Walgreens. I finally have my pics up.

    I want to try that primer before I try the makeup. I'm a primer junkie:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG I'm on overload! I can't wait for your reviews!!

    I'm interested in the Eraser foundation, but since I know you will be reviewing it I will be a good girl and wait. I will also be waiting and hoping that Maybelline will bring back the cream version of the Instant Age Rewind foundation. I will be passing on the True Match Roller foundation, thanks to Charlotte's review.

    I can't wait to get my hands on those glosses by NYC and Maybelline! I hope they are as gorgeous on as they are in the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sadly I didn't buy any because I already have enough eyeshadow to last for quite a long time to come. I hope you find them because they looked really fun and had many color combos. I'm on the east coast so maybe it will take a few days to get to the west? Good luck finding them! Once again thanks for all your great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  25. BBM: I'd love to know what you think of that primer when you get it! :)

    mooosley: I would love to know what you think of those glosses if you try them! And I hope to have my Eraser review up by the end of the week...I've used it twice so far and I want to give it a good 5 days of wear before I make any decisions about it. Thanks so much for having faith in me!! xoxo

    colormepinkenblue: Oh I totally understand, believe me. I have more eyeshadow than I know what to do with (which is part of the reason I didn't buy the new Revlon shadows even though I really wanted to try one). Hopefully they'll make their way to San Diego soon though, because I can't wait to see them in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey there! First of all, I tried to new True Match foundation and the applicator is actually really great! The formula however is very transferable =\ Not fun when I have to wear white collared shirts for work.
    The new stiletto mascara--> I was so excited to see this! The shape of the brush is like the new Lancome Hypnose drama ($25) so this is significantly cheaper. But I have to say, not being a fan of the original either, that this mascara was a big let down =( It didn't grab the lashes and it was hard to separated lashes.. just like the original. In fact, I'm headed out to return it today. Sad day, haha.
    I don't know if you've tried it but L'oreal Voluminous with the curved brush is my FAVE!
    Thanks for the reveiws!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i am 36 and noticing changes in my skin- so i've had to find a new foundation. i also worry about concealer now. i've never used a primer before ..i bought the eraser and the age rewind primer. now, do i put the primer on and let it "dry" or put the foundation on immediatly? also, do i use it under concealer? i bought the age rewind concealer and i wonder if i should have bought the superstay. i worry about it settling into lines, etc. will the primer help? i really like your blog and thanks for all the info. it comes in especially handy for me since it seems we have the same skin tone and color tastes. its like having nearly everything I would buy tested first. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig