Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, December 4, 2009

Breaking News: new and interesting Maybelline products for 2010


This just in from Happi.com:

Maybelline Combines Nature and Technology
New additions to hair care and makeup for 2010.

 
Technology infused with natural ingredients is how Maybelline New York-Garnier executives explain their launch strategy for 2010. For example, on deck are Garnier HerbaShine Color Creme with Bamboo Extract, its first ammonia-free hair color; Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup SPF 18, which uses goji berry to help fight the signs of aging.  


HerbaShine ($7.99) promises fast, easy color that won't damage hair. Garnier will support the launch with a $30 million campaign. Also new from Garnier are Triple Nutrition Creamy shampoo, which is said to complement the clear version that launched in July, as well as a Triple Nutrition Nutrient Spray, formulated to add nourishment and shine. Garnier Fructis Bamboo Flexihold Hairsprays will extend into nonaerosol versions, under both the Sleek & Shine and Full Control collections.

Meanwhile, the reformulated Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup SPF 18 line contains goji berry, which boasts 19 amino acids, more than 500 times more vitamin C than oranges, and a complete spectrum of antioxidants.

New to the collection is The Eraser, a foundation with a micro-corrector applicator that dramatically reduces the appearance of wrinkles, according to company executives. It is available in 12 shades and will retail for $12.99. Also new is Primer Skin Transformer, which is to be used prior to foundation application. It will sell for $9.99.


So...we're looking at a new ammonia-free hair color, new Fructis haircare products, a reformulated Instant Age Rewind Radiant Firming Makeup SPF 18 (now with goji berry!), a new foundation called "The Eraser" and a new face primer that will retail for $9.99.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty darn excited! What do you think?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. A $10 primer? Now that's big! Aside from the Cover FX primer that I bought at Sephora, the others that I've tried are really pricey. It's nice to hear about a cheaper alternative.

    I'm not so fond about the foundations though. Yes they're firming AND they have SPF to protect my skin but almost all foundations that I've tried are too greasy, heavy, and/or doesn't match my olive and tan tone. *shakes fist in air*

    I guess we'll just have to see how Maybelline goes about taking technology up a notch, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in all the bamboo in the products. I tend to like the Garnier line, so it piques my curiousity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's like the rewind blush, I'll probably try it out... After I check out the reviews on MUA lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohhh, are they going to bring back the Instant Age Rewind cream foundation, the one in the bottle with the pump? I loved that one very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shela: I know, I'm really stoked about the primer and anything called "The Eraser" I just HAVE to try. lol. Sorry you haven't had much luck with their foundations in the past but maybe that will change! :)

    Phyrra: Have you tried the Bamboo hairspray in the aerosol can yet? I got it a few months ago and it's on my list to review. I am really liking it so far (and I haven't had much luck with other Fructis products). It's got great hold for when I wear a ponytail and no flaking or residue. :) xo

    Fay: I have been meaning to try that blush! Do they still make it? I remember hearing great things about it a while ago. Thanks! :)

    Beda: I think so! I'm not sure if it's still going to come in the bottle with pump but I'd imagine it will because they're just improving the formula. Fingers crossed for you that this is exactly what you wanted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the hairspray, but I've been using the Surf pomade stuff. I have a HUGE can of Jonathan Product hair spray to work through. I rarely use hair products because of embracing my stick straight hair :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. If they bring back the Instant Age Rewind Cream foundation and it doesn't suck I will be a very happy girl!! I have doubts over the Eraser foundation, but knowing me I will get sucked in and try it.

    And I must admit I am intriged by the primer! The prospect of a decent drugstore primer is exciting (esp with coupons and BOGO sales).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I love that name! "The Eraser" seems like something I'd like to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. moosley, you're the second person to express happiness to me about them bringing back the Age Rewind foundation. How did I miss this the first time around? Now I'm *super* excited to try it! And I'm totally with you on The Eraser. The name alone has me sold. lol!! xo

    Shela-baby: So glad you agree. Although there is NOTHING on your face that needs "erasing" so you really have no business even LOOKING at this product. lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Recessionista honey, you've got a gilded tongue. But I love it (and you, of course)! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I speak the truth, m'dear!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig