Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Limited Edition Maybelline Poptimistic Pretty Nail Colors

Last month I showed you the new Maybelline Limited Edition Poptimistic Pretty lip products (click here for my review), but for some reason it took a little while for the nail colors to hit my local drugstores. Finally, yesterday I spotted the display at Rite-Aid and wow. Some of these colors are just gorgeous. Apologies for the pics but these were taken with my Blackberry camera.

(click images to super-size)





In this collection there is a gorgeous deep purple amethyst (if I remember correctly this was a cream), a deep inky-blue shimmer, a charcoal black shimmer, a frosty winter white and the two standouts of the collection: a duochrome-ish army green with pink (you've really got to see this one in person to fully appreciate it) and a beige-ish concrete gray cream (omg, this one is unbelieveble in person). Honestly, the green and the gray are two shades that I have never seen in another drugstore collection before, so definitely check those out if you have the opportunity.

Why, you ask, didn't I buy the green and gray? Well, Rite-Aid's not having a BOGO on Maybelline this week, so I'm hoping that they'll still be there by the time the next BOGO comes around (I just can't afford to buy these at full price right now--I have too much nail polish as it is!). But look at this display--someone's already purchased one of the green and one of the gray shades so there are only one each remaining. Think they'll still be there by next week?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I just tagged both your blog hehe...your blog makes me smile too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Rite Aid did not have these. Maybe they will come out later. I think I'd like those last two colors you described.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey CD! OMG, thank you SO much! I'm off to look at it right away. xoxo

    Hey Dee! I am keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get this in your area soon. Those two shades are so much prettier in person--you have to see 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colors are amazing indeed, just a heads up: the blue is an almost navy creme, no shimmer on this one and it's AMAZING!!! it's a dupe for the super pricey RescueBeauty Lounge Dead Calm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pau F! Wow, thank you so much for the info! My memory isn't what it used to be so I didn't remember that the blue was a cream--I thought it was a shimmer. lol. Thanks for setting me straight! And I love that it's a dupe for the RBL shade! Oh that makes me want to get it even more! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig