Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, September 20, 2009

OMG! New Limited Edition "Poptimistic Pretty" Collection of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks and Glosses!

Wow! I was at Walgreens today and I couldn't believe my eyes:


(Click to enlarge)

Maybelline has released a Limited Edition "Winter Trend 2009" collection of Color Sensational products called "Poptimistic Pretty". I'm very surprised that they've already created an LE collection since Color Sensational itself is so new, but hey, I'm not complaining! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I am a huge fan of Color Sensational (click here and here for my previous reviews) so this new collection totally made my day.


(Click to enlarge)

The shades of lipstick are: "Pink Pleasure", "I'm Mauved", "Blissful Brown" and "Best in Brown". I didn't memorize the names of the lipglosses but I can tell you that the two on the left side are what caught my eye. First of all, the first color on the left is "PINK ME UP"! If you've read my previous reviews, you know that "Pink Me Up" lipstick is my very favorite color of all, so I was totally freaking out that they released a gloss in the same shade. Obviously this immediately went into my shopping basket (btw, Walgreens is currently having a BOGO free on Maybelline!). The second lipgloss on the left is the other one that caught my eye. It looks white from faraway, but close up it's a super pretty iridescent creamy pinky-brownish-white. I think this gloss would look amazing layered over just about any lipstick to give it a punch of shimmer and depth.

The other glosses in this collection (from left to right) are: a mauve shade, a medium brown shade, a light brown shade and a plum shade. I think that you lovelies with darker skin tones should definitely check out both of these brown glosses because I think these would be gorgeous neutrals on you (oh how I envy you if you can wear brown glosses! Sadly, they don't look so great on me).

I was actually going to purchase the white gloss but then I opened the lid on the lipstick "Pink Pleasure" and I knew it had to be mine. At first glance, it reminded me of "Pink Me Up" but it seemed a tiny bit warmer. Here are some pics:



As you can see, they're very similar, but "Pink Pleasure" is a tad warmer and a tiny bit lighter than "Pink Me Up". I LOVE it, and I've got to tell all of my fellow yellow-toned girls: You neeeeed this. If you think you can never wear light-to-medium pinks, I think this will completely change your mind!



In this swatch you can really see how much lighter "Pink Pleasure" is, and also how much warmer it is. It really reminds me of a Bobbi Brown shade (I'll need some time to compare it to my Bobbi Brown lipsticks but of course I'll write a dupe post as soon as I figure it out).

OK, on to the lipgloss version of Pink Me Up!



As you can see on the label, this is Limited Edition, so seriously, if you like any of the shades in the "Poptimistic Pretty" collection, get them ASAP because I guarantee you they will sell out. You can never be sure if something is going to be made part of the permanent collection so run, don't walk, to your drugstore and get what you want now (sorry to sound forceful but I've learned my lesson the hard way about drugstore limited edition products!).

Here's a pic of "Pink Me Up" gloss with "Pink Me Up" lipstick:


Right off the bat the gloss looks different than the lipstick. In the tube it looks sheer, and it also looks shimmery ("Pink Me Up" lipstick is an opaque cream).


Sure enough, it's sheer, but I was surprised that the gloss swatched way less shimmery than it looks in the tube. I actually think the gloss is a wonderful counterpart to the lipstick and I love love love it on:



This is an extremely wearable, versatile shade that looks great alone or could be used on top of any shade of pink lipstick you currently own. I actually think it will look great layered on top of "Pink Me Up" lipstick and "Pink Pleasure".

OK, ladies! I need to hear from you: Are you as excited as I am about these new shades, or are you still busy getting acquainted with the Color Sensational permanent collection? Does anything in the "Poptimistic Pretty" collection make you want to run out to your local drugstore asap? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Looks beautiful on you, nice color and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, this is bad news for me! I've been collecting like crazy from the original collection and decided that I had enough. Now they bring out this limited collection. By the way those pinks are definitely your color.

    ~Marasy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my.. love the pink!! ^^
    the colour is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The l/s in Pink Me Up looks gorgeous! I will definitely be on the look out for this collection when I hit Walgreens this week. Thanks so much for the reminder of their BOGO deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sensational overload, lol. All I need is a BOGO deal, please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, why do the BOGO free sales always come on weeks when I'm flat broke and need what little I've got for like, gas and food and stuff?!? Why?

    My Walgreens is always slow about getting new things put in, anyway, I doubt this new color collection is there. (They JUST got the new WnW Craze NPs put in a week ago!)

    GAH. I want new lipsticks! *cry* I've got 4 Color Sensationals and one gloss, but it just ain't enough! Plus I've been wanting to try Maybelline's Moisture Extreme lippies, heard very good things about them. Maybe the BOGO free will carry over until next week when I get paid? I seem to remember the sales have done that a couple of times, but knowing my luck, probably not this time. *sigh* :-{

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kitty! Thank you so much!! xo

    Hi Marasy! Thanks so much--I hope you can find these in your area and I'd love to know if you end up getting anything. :)

    Hey Ceecile! Thank you!! Are you thinking about getting one of these pink shades?

    Hey Mooosley! I'd love to know if you're able to find these in your area--good luck and I hope they make an appearance soon. :)

    Hi Halifax! Tell me about it. Just when I thought I had purchased all the colors that worked for me in the permanent collection, they go and make this! lol.

    Hey femputer! Oh believe me, I know exactly where you're coming from! I *always* wait for BOGO offers before I buy my drugstore makeup, but the good ones always seem to pop up at the worst times! lol. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that this sales lasts for more than just one week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh ooh ooh! I HAVE to have them both! I'm just back from vacay and you're making me want to spend money... you're killin' me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I totally saw the BOGO and I'm totally ready to buy! I gotta say that I'm pretty impressed w/ Maybelline's lip stuff. I have 3 of the extreme moisture lipsticks and I love them all! BTW, now that I've seen it a bit more, the Color Sensation packing reminds me a lot of the Lancome color fever - pink square tube packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Amber! Sorry to have to tempt you right as you're getting back from vacation but...it had to be done! lol!! xo

    Hey ndoodles! I can't wait to hear what you buy! Do you think you'll get just the lipstick or are you interested in the glosses too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw the collection in the Walgreens yesterday and I love it. Pink me Up is the one I bought gloss and lipstick. It's a bit warmer than my other fa-- Rimmel's East End Snob. The eye colors look great too.

    I LOVE it when they do these seasonal collections, the color combos can be so fun.

    But here's what I HATE about Maybelline -- the packaging SUCKS. It breaks right away, esp. the blushes and eye quads. I've even written to them complaining about this.

    modgirl329

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig