Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I found e.l.f. at my Target (and I took pics of the display)!

So I called my local Target last week asking if they had e.l.f. yet, and they told me it would be "a couple more weeks". So when I went there this afternoon for things totally unrelated to makeup, the e.l.f. display was the last thing I expected to see. It literally stopped me in my tracks because it was such a wonderful surprise!

OK, I'll shut up now and get to the pics:

(click images to super-size)



Here's the full display, which completely fits the description that e.l.f. gave to me a few weeks ago. It's an endcap display with one shelf for singles and five shelves for kits. Of course the singles shelf either has yet to be stocked or is already sold out--just my luck. But I can tell you that the missing products, according to the price tag descriptions, are mostly BRUSHES! And they're all $1. Yippee!!!



Here's a closer look at the first two shelves. The first three products on the top shelf are (if my memory serves me correctly) a mascara, an eyeliner and I think a highlighter with a sharpener. But don't quote me on that--there was so much to see that I just couldn't memorize it all. The second shelf contains the $3 kits (click here to see clear pictures of these) but if you look all the way to the right, you can see that there's also a $3 kit that contains brushes! I think there's an eyeshadow brush, a blush brush and I can't remember the third item.



In this shot you can see the second and third shelves more clearly. Something that caught my eye on the third shelf was the nail polish sets. One of these sets has a really pretty purple and a really pretty dark blue. Also, to the far right, you can see that there is a set of three lip tins. All of the sets on the third shelf are $3.



And finally, here's a closer look at the fourth, fifth and sixth shelves. I already posted pics of a lot of these sets (click here to see them) but I had no idea that there would be a brush set (bottom row, far right). This set contains five full-size brushes and I believe the retail price is $10.

Of all the things in this display, I have to say that the product I am the MOST excited about is that Eye Encyclopedia. I wish I was able to take close-ups of it because you've really got see this one for yourself. First of all, it's $5, which is an insane deal for TWELVE powder eyeshadows and two cream eyeshadows. Second of all, the pans of eyeshadow are SO much bigger than I thought they would be! Seriously, you get so much eyeshadow in each pan--to me they were almost the size of a MAC pan (but square). Unbelievable! And the colors were all so pretty and so wearable. Honestly, if you're an eyeshadow person, you've got to check this little "book" of eyeshadows out the minute you see the e.l.f. display at your Target.

I know I already posted this but I've got to show it to you again because I'm just so excited about this insane deal:



And by they way, it really is like an encylopedia! The whole thing opens up like a book! So cute and the colors are so much prettier in person than they look on the front of the package.

So what do you think? Are you happy with the selection so far? And don't forget, in March e.l.f. will be adding Studio line products to this display. Yay!
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. R, great for you (and your Target), lol. I'm wondering what else is in that brush set at the bottom shelf, as only 5 brushes but sold for $10?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was super fast, I need t check my local Target too cause if those were brushes that are gone so fast well, I need to get mines soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing display...I can't wait to see what my local target has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what - I've already seen these sets at Ross for a few months now so most of these are not a surprise - however, the "Get the Look" kits seem to include both studio and $1 stuff so that's pretty cool. I'm definitely looking forward to the brushes most though.

    However, I doubt I'll get this at Target any time soon. My Walmart still hasn't had the Hard Candy stuff yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yessss! The brushes! The Enclyclopedia! I keep calling my Target (I think they hate me) but they haven't stocked it yet, although they HAVE EVERYTHING TO DO IT!! I'm taking it as a personal offense XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up a few brushes, an eyelash curler, and tweezers 2 weeks ago at the one in Lemon Grove, I believe-- and they're great! Mmmm, I love my $4 e.l.f. haul!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I'm on your blogger list! Awesome, thank you! But I think you linked one of my posts rather than the blog itself so it's not showing my newer posts :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, this is soo cool. I would love to get my hands on the efl brushes. Ive never tried them before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was at the Bellingham, WA Target and they had the lipgloss and the liquid eyeshadow set on clearance for $1.50! I didn't get them though since I wasn't too fond of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing!!! I can't wait to get my hands on some of the ELF stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh the brushes..i can't wait!! :D thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Halifax: Thank you. :) I think that maybe because these brushes are so big (and seem to be very nice quality) the price of $2/brush is justified. But of course I'll have to try them and report back. :)

    rayqueenbee: Would love to know when you spot these at your Target and what you think of the brushes. :)

    CD: Can't wait for your reviews when you finally get these in your area. xo

    ndoodles: What a bummer about HC! I'm sorry you haven't gotten that line yet. Thanks for the heads-up about Ross. Interesting! My Ross is probably the worst when it comes to makeup so that's probably why I've never seen them there. Can't wait to know what you think about the elf brushes. :)

    Lisa Kate: OMG, you sound like me! I called my Target I think 3x and it was frustrating when they told me they also had everything needed for the display but hadn't put it up yet. I'm sure you'll get yours in a few days (keeping my fingers crossed!). xo

    Shela! So YOU'RE the cause of those empty shelves in these pics! lol! That is TOO funny!! I'm jealous that you got your hands on an eyelash curler--I want one so bad! :) Oh, and thanks for the heads-up about my blogroll. I'll fix that asap. xo

    Becky: When you see these at your Target, I highly suggest picking up an eyeshadow brush. I loooove that brush and I can't wait to get a backup. :)

    Wendy: Thanks for the report from WA! That is very interesting! I wonder why they would put these on clearance at your location when so many others are getting it for the first time? Is the full display (like the one in my pics) available at your Target? If so, do you have other products in place of the ones that were on clearance? Thanks! :)

    slvrlips: You are so welcome! I hope you get elf at your Target very soon. :)

    giz89: I know!! Let me know when you see the display, ok? And you are so welcome, sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes most target's are sold out of 1$ ELF things

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Erica! Thanks for this info. Maybe, due to the overwhelming popularity of the $1 items, e.l.f. might feature more of them in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elf brushes are either $1 or $3, regardless of size, that was why I was wondering. Nevertheless, it's good that you can start hauling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's nice! I can't wait for ELF to be available at Zellers here in Quebec!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw it at my Target yesterday. It's only in one spot and I only saw 3 BRUSHES!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. still $1! happy, happy, joy, joy! thx for the pix. can't wait till it comes here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Halifax! Oh, I see what you were saying. Yeah, it's an odd price point but I think these might be the $3 brushes (the black Studio ones) so it looks like we're actually saving a little money with this kit. :)

    Hey Gaby! I know, I can't wait for you CA girls to get these too. :)

    Hey Rai! Only three brushes? I guess your location sold out quickly just like mine. :(

    Hey anon! Yep, still $1 per product. Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything was in stock, there was only 3 brushes up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg!! no way at target?! seriously, *screams* thanks so much!!! lol...i have to like run to target!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. FYI: i was at Kroger grocery store yesterday and saw elf display! one display featured what looked like to me was the 27 Piece Mini Makeup Collection (part of their Studio line) $9.99 (http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/makeup_collections). online it's selling for $15. i'm not sure if that price ($9.99) is w/ or w/o using their Kroger store card. anyway, i couldn't believe it! I was looking at the other display that featured other elf products but a marykay rep. approached me (noticing me looking at makeup) and i got a bit freaked and moved away. i don't recall noticing any brushes but they could have sold out, i'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig