Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, November 23, 2015

Here's Your Reminder: Allure Beauty Thrills Winter 2015 Box On Sale Tuesday 11/24 at 12:01PM Eastern


Since I know a lot of us are focused on the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales right now, I want to make sure this one doesn't get lost in the shuffle because I know a lot of you were interested in it!

From my original post last week:


The Mother of All Beauty Boxes is back for Winter 2015, and it goes on sale THIS TUESDAY, November 24th. You will be able to purchase it HERE starting at 12:01PM Eastern on that date. It costs $49.95 + $10 shipping (over $425 value). This box contains all full-size products.

As always, this box sells out QUICKLY so mark your calendars NOW if you want a chance at it. Log on as close to the start time as possible to order, since this usually tends to sell out within a few hours of going live.


Since I know that a lot of you like to know specifically about the makeup items in these boxes, here's a breakdown of just the makeup:

  • e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator ($3)
  • e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick in Bordeaux Beauty ($3) 
  • Sonia Kashuk Medium Eyeshadow Brush No. 28  ($10.79)
  • Touch in Sol Feel Like Honey Moon Skin Base ($24)

I think this is the first time that we've seen Korean beauty (Touch in Sol) represented in the Allure Beauty Thrills box (please correct me if I'm wrong)! The Touch in Sol Moon Skin Base retails for $24 at Sephora. If you add up the retail value of JUST these four makeup items, that already comes out to $40.97. 

But perhaps the biggest surprise in this box is the bottle of Algenist Power Advance Wrinkle Fighter Serum, which retails for $105 at Sephora. I has to rub my eyes and look at the listing three times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating when I saw that on the list! So basically, just that one product is already double the price of the entire box!

Again, mark you calendars NOW if you want a shot at this box, because it WILL sell out (quickly).
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I'm always so torn on this box. It is obviously a lot of products for the money, but then you're stuck with tons of products you have store in your house and if you have very limited shelf space, it's a problem (first word problem, true, but a problem nonetheless). Also, the reviews on the most expensive thing, the Algenist serum, are quite mixed. Many, many people complain that the dropper is defective so they can't even get the product out. Perhaps Algenist realized there was a huge design flaw, and saw dumping these on Allure Beauty Thrills buyers was a good way to clear the stock before retooling the product. I'm just not sold enough to plop down $65 total for this when I already have tons of products from subscription boxes awaiting my use...and waiting....and waiting. Anyone else have the same dilemma or are you all ready to pounce confidently in a few hours? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Algenist products so that sold me. I don't use most drug store haircare stuff and I can get most of it super cheap with coupons, but we also donate a lot of items we purchase with coupons to the women's shelter so I can do that with the items i don't like.

      Delete
    2. One of the things I do when considering this box is add up the items I'll use, and if it's more than the cost of the box, I'll get it. Other products that I don't want can either be gifted or (particularly in the case of every day toiletries) donated to shelters.

      Delete
  2. One more comment, you might want to add the Jessica nail polish to the makeup section you posted above (if you consider polish to be makeup, as I do). It retails for 8.40, which brings the makeup-only total of the box up to 49.37 -- almost the exact price of the box. When you consider every other item is a freebie, it really knocks you over the head with the value. Hmmm, lemme just scroll up and read my arguments against buying again because they're looking more feeble as the clock ticks down, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love Algenist and placed an order not too long ago at Sephora just to get a deluxe sample of the new Power serum! It's exclusive to Sephora and many of the reviews, while very positive about the product itself, seem to say that the dropper bottle packaging is very flawed. I wonder if they are changing the packaging based on feedback so that's why such an expensive product is included in this box (getting rid of the current packaging)? I also LOVE Colgate Optic White toothpaste, it's my regular toothpaste. So tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please donate your unwanted items to a local women's shelter! They always need things like shampoo and body wash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempted but I think I might pass; I can't and probably won't use any of the shampoos and only the Dove shower item is really interesting to me. I already own what I want from this box and the SLS-laden toothpaste and shampoo just spell disaster for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That KNU serum retails for $150!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sold out in less than 4 minutes wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got it! I was initially hesitant at the cost but when I realized that it averages out to about $2.50 an item...well, it seemed pretty smart. (Funny how we can rationalize these kinds of purchases.) Excited to try some new things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I clicked on the link when it immediately said buy and it told me that it was sold out. Just keep refreshing and clicking it if it says that, because I was eventually able to get a box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I JUST GOT MINE!!! Yippee. I clicked the buy button at 12:03 and got a sold out message. I was quite disappointed to say the least. But I hit back and tried again and got a box. So keep trying and make sure to inable cookies. I didn't which is why I didn't get my order in until 12:03

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've bought several of these boxes, including today's... I love all the Clear shampoo/conditioners. Honestly I realize now that I haven't really had to buy shampoo/conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste or random hair styling stuff in awhile, thanks to these boxes. And then there is all the other stuff to try or share. Yay for more of the Simple micellar water wipes, they are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ordered one since I really enjoyed the prior one, especially since some of these items make great stocking stuffers for the grown kids/adults in my house:). I made a commitment to not buy similar items in store until I worked my way through the last box and I am just now about out of shampoo/conditioner, making the timing perfect! Overall, I think it's a great value and love the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote to Allure about the ALgenist to see what they say about the faulty dropper :-) I bought the box regardless- I will just transfer it into another container if I have to- I love Algenist- and when I saw that the MIchael Todd serum was $150- WOWSA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't going to buy this set - but the Algenist and Michael Todd serums were too good of a deal to pass up.

    I was amazed that I actually managed to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so very Bummed Out, I Totally Forgot about this, until the Next Day. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 No,COME BAAAACKKKK PLEASE

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig