
image source: bigbrotheraccess.com
Meg on the live feeds, with her flawless red lipstick, even in bed
From my Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm review from 2013:
The red shade she was wearing all summer was...Revlon Matte Balm in 250 Standout!
Me, wearing Standout
So how do I know this? Well it's become a bit of a ritual for me to check in on the houseguests' Twitter feeds right after each season ends. I kind of like to see their reactions once they've had a chance to watch the show, and also see which fellow houseguests they interact with post-show. What can I say? I've been watching this show for 16 years (yes, there have been 17 seasons, but remember back in 2008 they had a winter season and summer season due to the writer's strike) and that's a long time to watch something religiously. I have my quirks...what can I say?
ANYWAY, when I was checking the houseguests' Twitter feeds today, I noticed that Meg was asked about her lipstick, and she responded via this tweet and confirmed it was Revlon Colorburst 250 (Standout). I was so excited to share that tip that I posted about it on my Instagram right after I found out. Because, well, I get a little thrill when I find out that anyone on TV is wearing drugstore makeup. It instantly makes me feel like they're part of our tribe. You know what I mean?
And guess what? Meg herself commented on my Instagram post:
@megmaley writes: You guys all rock! Obsessed with beauty tips.. And for a broke girl like me, cheap is necessary!! Xoxo ❤️
If you weren't a Meg fan before, well, how can you not be now? Drugstore makeup lovers unite! Anyway, I just wanted to share that little tidbit wtih you, in case you're a BB fan and you were wondering what she was wearing all summer. Mystery solved!
11 comments
I have had this shade since it was released, but have only worn it a few times. (I generally don't wear red lipstick for everyday-use, as I am very fair and it tends to stand out a little too much for work). Anyway, I did happen to wear it to a wedding last weekend, and it held up very nicely the whole evening with only minor touchups!
I watch BBAD and I saw Meg apply that color once and knew it was Revlon. She looked great in the red! I love to try and catch a glimpse of what makeup the houseguests use. Vanessa wore a lot of Mac and had the naked 2 pallet with her. I have been watching since season 1 also! BTW I love your blog! I never have comment though!
Sooooooo funny you posted this because I've been wondering the same thing!!! I'm a huge BB superfan and have been admiring Meg's lips all summer haha. Love this!!!
OMG- ALL season (yes and sixteen years for me too!) I wondered about it- it seemed like she never had to re-apply though I know that is not true lol. Thanks for solving this mystery! Have you ever been to TV Clubhouse? GREAT BB community. Hope to see you there!
I don't watch this or much other mainstream TV, but I do love to know that celebs both real and reality (LOL) wear drugstore! You hit on it exactly when you said one of the tribe, and when they comment on a tweet or an Instragram, well that is just plain cool, because I feel like they "get" it...what ever it is!!! :) Thanks for letting us know G!
You know who's makeup I do obsess over? Kate Beckett (character name) on Castle. Does anyone else or am I the only one?
Ah! BB17 was one of trhe best seasons EVER! Johnny Mac was by far my favorite player. I still can not believe that he was not Americas favorite! I love that Meg is a drugstore girl! <3
Haha oh my gosh, what a great post hehehe :D I love it. That's so cool it's a Revlon matte balm! I love those!
That is super Awesome. I am such a Drugstore Beauty Fan. I say Beauty because of skin care and hair care and what ever else care. Hopefully in sale and with a coupon if I'm lucky. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm a part of "the Group" because I don't buy higher end or have any naked pallets. So this makes me feel so GOOD that there r so many ppl that do love Drugstore so much also dupes. I don't watch the show. Sorry. Haven't ever. But to know all this and u post it. It's just GREAT. Thanku.
It's one of my favorite reds!
I just bought this, and I love it! I am pale like Meg, so it looks good on me :D It's an awesome bright red, a lot brighter than my normal choices.
Post a Comment