Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 14, 2014

Spotted: NEW CoverGirl Lip Lava Collection (and New Nail Gloss Shades)

"It's not a gloss, a balm or a lipstick. It's hotter. It's lava." 

Aaah, CoverGirl. You know how to get to me. You really do.

Many thanks to longtime reader and contributor @roguedarkholme on Instagram for this one. @roguedarkholme spotted the new CoverGirl Lip Lava display today and kindly shared pics of the display. Take a look!

image credit: @roguedarkholme for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl Lip Lava Collection (and new Nail Gloss shades)

Keep reading for a closer look...

image credit: @roguedarkholme for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @roguedarkholme for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @roguedarkholme for Nouveau Cheap

@roguedarkholme said that these have a shimmery finish and that they're even a bit duochrome-y in person. I'm dying to see what the texture is like--it would be great if these were super pigmented, right? Also, the shade names are really cute--@roguedarkholme mentioned that the names all have the word "lava" in the title (Mango Lava, Mauva Lava, Lychee Lava, etc.).

I almost forgot:

image credit: @roguedarkholme for Nouveau Cheap
New 2015 Nail Gloss shades

Sorry for the crummy pic, but I enlarged the right side of display from @roguedarkholme's original photo and it got a bit grainy. Anyway, new Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss shades for 2015! I'm loving those deep jewel-tones. Have any of you seen these new shades in person yet?

And because I know some will ask, I'm 99.9% sure that the Lip Lavas are permanent, not limited edition. And the new Nail Gloss shades are permanent as well.

Have you spotted this collection in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, @roguedarkholme, for the great sighting and pics!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Oooh, I'll have to keep an eye out for this display...those polishes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that ROSE GOLD? So this makes rose gold lippies and a new rose gold mascara? Oh be still my packaging-loving heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, something new to look forward to from CG. I hope these are reasonably priced since I see a few I like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. No no no. G what are you doing to my "rest of the year" buy ban???

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited with the new Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss! They are my favorite and with minimal re-touch (using my NYC topcoat), they can last up to 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH!!! That strange greenish-brown colour is sooo gorgeous and unique looking. The bright pink also looks fantastic. And so does that nude shade. Ugh so many choices. hahah

    I just hope they don't smell/taste like those horrific CG lipsticks, though. You know, the ones that have all the gorgeous colours and lasting power, but feel like sandpaper and taste like the essence of burning petroleum and vanilla-playdough put into an over-priced perfume bottle? Yeah. not cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that smell drives me away every time! That's why I don't even buy CG lippies on clearance!

      Delete
  7. So what are those lip lava? Cause if it's a gloss consistency then I won't be trying them! Is it a wand application or crayon head?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also curious because I don't care much for glosses. They looked like jumbo lip crayons at first glance but the more I look at them closely, the more they look like wand glosses!

      Thanks for the info, G. :)

      Delete
  8. Just came across the display at Walgreens tonight. The polish names are Fuchsia Flame, Emerald Blaze (looked very similar to OPI Green on the Runway with a reddish/brownish duo chrome), and Teal on Fire (sorta like the Sally Hansen CSM black and blue? Not as much of a blackened base color and more prominent pinkish purple tinge to it)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up a few today (my Walgreens is FINALLY getting the displays out), and it's a brush applicator. I'm not a big fan of brush applicators but the red I tried is gorgeous so I'm willing to work with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig