Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 16, 2014

Review: Sonia Kashuk Limited Edition 15th Anniversary Scent of Celebration Hand Creme Set (Now 50% off at Target)

Last week, I mentioned that the Sonia Kashuk 15th Anniversary Brush Set was spotted on clearance at Target. Well did you know that ALL of the 15th Anniversary collection items are now on clearance? Yep! I went to my Target shortly after my original post and although I didn't find the brush set, I couldn't resist picking up the hand creme set. I have been eyeing the Sonia Kashuk bath and body products since they debuted earlier this year, so I finally caved!

Sonia Kashuk Limited Edition 15th Anniversary
Scent of Celebration Hand Creme Set 
(retail: $19.99; now on clearance for $9.99)

I thought you might want a closer look at this set since it's now on clearance for $9.99 (originally $19.99), and I also wanted to share my thoughts as to if it's worth a purchase. I know that I usually give the products I review at LEAST two weeks of testing before I write my reviews, but I've been testing these in warp-speed because I wanted to get this up before these sets are wiped out.

NOTE: If you cannot find this limited edition set at your Target, you can purchase the exact same 2 oz. tubes individually for $6.99 each both in-store and online.


I love that when you remove the tubes, there's a little message on the bottom of the box:




The formula of these hands cremes is paraben- and phthalate-free.

Made in USA


Again, these are the exact 2 oz tubes that you can find in the Sonia Kashuk permanent collection--these are full-size tubes, not minis. So getting four on clearance for $9.99 is a great cost-savings considering that these retail for $6.99 each individually. These four tubes would regularly retail for $27.96 if purchased separately, so even at the original price of the Anniversary Set ($19.99) that's still a nice deal. But $9.99 is even better, right?




Yellow Alluriana: "A burst of refreshing citrus notes and crisp verbena plays to the sensuality of musk, for the happiest, most vibrant and uplifting fragrance. A delight for the lively, bubbly and free-spirited."
  • If you love zippy citrus scents, you'll adore this one. I get orange, grapefruit and lemon here, and lots of them. Sometimes citrus scents can border on "bathroom cleaner" for me, but this is not one of them. This is a lovely, feminine citrus scent and it's my favorite of the bunch.

Red Promisia: "A soft, voluptuous and captivating scent. Like a cashmere blanket draped over bare skin, the blend of warm sandalwood, precious jasmine and exotic vanilla wraps your body in refined seductiveness."
  • For some odd reason, I get more gardenia in this one than jasmine. But maybe that's just my nose! I like that the gardenia (well, to me it's gardenia!) is blended with vanilla because it makes it a bit more smooth and mellow. This is a definitely one of those "cashmere blanket" types of scents as described above.

Purple Seductia: "A bold, sexy and uninhibited fragrance, where effervescent pomegranate fuses with rose delicacy and earthy patchouli. For the daring, confident and passionate woman, exuding sensuality and who loves to sparkle."
  • If you love fragrances like Dior Poison, you will LOVE this one. Not an exact Poison dupe, but very much in the same ballpark. I get some juicy, dark berry notes here, and the underlying patchouli really gives this a dark, mysterious tone. This is my second favorite of the bunch, right after Yellow Alluriana

Pink Innocencia: "A dance of captivating tuberose, dewy magnolia and dreamy amber creates this delicate, innocent and rosy, almost girly mist. A quietly, yet irresistibly attractive floral scent for the graceful, cheerful and ultra-feminine."
  • If you like tuberose, this is the one for you. I'm personally not a huge tuberose fan, so I'm a little bummed that tuburose is all I detect in this fragrance. It's a straight-up tuberose scent to me (which is a great if that's a favorite note of yours), but I was hoping for a bit more magnolia. Sadly, I can't detect any at all, but perhaps that's just because I'm sensitive to tuberose and can detect it from a mile away.


Overall, these hand cremes have a lovely formula. I find them a tiny bit slow to absorb, but they leave a nice, protective barrier on the hands that doesn't fade quickly. In fact, it survives through a few hand-washings, which is nice. These hand cremes don't feel sticky, powdery or odd on the skin (weird-feeling residue in hand creams is something I'm super sensitive to and picky about, and this formula has none of that). 

I do want to mention that these hand creams are not for the faint of heart when it comes to fragrance. The fragrance level of all four hand cremes in this set is quite high. I personally love that, because I love for my body products to give me a full sensory experience, but if you prefer your hand creams to be lightly scented or not scented at all, then these are probably not for you. Also, if you work in cubicle type of situation, these will probably not be cube-friendly because I'm pretty sure your cubicle neighbors will detect them even before you're even done applying them to your hands. So if you have cube neighbors who are sensitive to fragrance, I would definitely reserve these for non-workplace use.

My two favorites are definitely Yellow Alluriana and Purple Seductia, and I've actually had both in my purse for the last few days (and reach for them often). I'm super happy I purchased this set and I'm thinking of going back for another one for stocking stuffers this holiday season!

Have you picked up any of the Sonia Kashuk 15th Anniversary goodies on clearance in your area? Just a reminder, you can still purchase this set for full price ($19.99) on the Target site, and you can also check the Target site HERE to see if this set is still in stock in your area (hopefully it will be on clearance at your Target too!).

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I would love to find this on clearance. I wanted to try these scents when they came out but never really got around to getting to a Target. Now I'm going to have to make a real effort! Great review. Glad to hear they are nicely scented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing--went for the brushes and got the hand creams instead! I love a good post-shower scent before bed. Whenever I re-wear the night shirt, it has a lovely, lingering hint of fragrance. There is sensitive skin in my house so I don't use scented detergent or dryer sheets, so it's a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very considerate of you to think of cubicle neighbours :) I don't have a cube but it's scent free at work anyway so I can't wear any of these. Interestingly, this set is only 30% off in Canada lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like it's right up my alley!!!! I hope to find this on clearance. Last time through the Sonia Kashuk isle it was regular price! Time for another looksy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found these for even less last night, I think around $6. They all smell lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are $5.98 now--and so is the nail polish set!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig