Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Lipstick League – week of 3.10.14


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

 On average, how often do you make impulse beauty purchases? What type of product is your biggest weakness? 

G's answer: Quite often (I can't even begin to give you an average). But as I like to say: "Blame it on the blog!"  If I find something new at the drugstore that I think you might like to know about, I will impulse-purchase so that I can share it here with you. Yeah, I know that's a justification but it's 100% true! And clearly, my biggest weakness is nail polish. (And for the record, I never impulse-purchase higher-end beauty products. I do serious research before I spend over $15 on a new beauty item.)

Links of the Week

Clumps of Mascara has found the best nail polish top coat ever. No really, it’s pretty incredible.

EauMG - is kicking off festival season with a review an indie fruity-floral perfume roll-on that reminds her of hip Southern music festivals.

Gouldylox Reviews - Can a hot scissor hair cut change your life? Or just steal your money? I did the research to find out.

Lipglossiping - goes all out gaga for a gourmand skin treat that leaves you smelling of hot-buttered popcorn. Do you know what it is yet?

My Beauty Bunny - has teamed up with The Humane Society and beauty bloggers around the world to make a video in honor of #BeCrueltyFree week. Please watch and share to help spread the cruelty free message!

Nouveau Cheap - There’s a new collection of jelly polishes now hitting drugstores! Come check out the Sally Hansen Limited Edition Palm Beach Jellies.

Pink Sith - gives you her top 10 wish list beauty items for Pantone’s Color of the year in Radiant Orchid!

Prime Beauty - goes nude (in spirit only) with the new Maybelline Dare To Go Nude Color Tattoo Eyeshadow Collection--a drugstore gem!

Phyrra - shares her Top Ten Cruelty Free Radiant Orchid Beauty picks.

we heart this - What do bacon, Mr. T, mug shots and Rosa Parks all have in common? Why don't you click here and find out?!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Often. Usually nail polish ( a color just catches my eye), or new products. Clearance/markdowns are also a biggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nail polish. I hit Sally Beauty this weekend (2 China glaze Crinkled Chromes, 2 OPI Gwen Stefani, 1 Orly Matte FX, 2 Fingerpaints); also hit a couple more places..
    A local closeout store that gets stuff from Rite-Aid (none around here), Got 3 Julie G Textures, 2 Essie polishes for $2 Each.. Then went to Ulta the next day and got another Essie using the $2 off coupon they emailed and then got a 4 pack of OPI at TJ Maxx today.
    Gosh, I have problems. At least it isn't drugs.. and I'll gift a bunch of polish or pay it forward eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't very often anymore. I was in CVS today and I bought...nothing! Well nothing beauty related, unless you count vitamins? We are putting our house on the market, time to downsize, and so I've been going through my makeup collection and I realize I have enough makeup for at least a dozen women in an average lifetime. So I need to shop my own stash at least until this place is sold and we're in the new home. But like the commenter above, nail polish is my krytonite. I doubt my resolve will hold out if I come across an intriguing color or two. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al least 4 times a week lolz. I always go shopping after i finish work so that doesn't help. My biggest weakness are lipsticks and lipglosses. I'm a big hoarder. I'm always looking for the perfect pink or nude lippie. Really need to kick this habit badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the 6 weeks, I've bought 6 new lipsticks! Thank goodness they were drugstore & on sale but I'm desperately, seeking out my HG nude. Always think I've found it until I buy a new one!

      Delete
  5. I buy at least one new bottle of nail polish every week, but I try to at least buy the ones I think I will wear. My biggest weakness is Forever 21 nail polish, they have so many dupes of high end nail polishes.

    Another thing is matte brown eyeshadow. They are hard to find so I always buy them if I see them (unless they are expensive). I'm with you on the never impulse buy high end products. Even with cheap products I would still need to Google the swatches on my phone to make sure they are not completely useless (I just came back from Rite Aid where I saw Wet N Wild Panther eyeshadow is marked down to 25 cents, I still looked up swatches).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OoooOOoooo! I love Forever 21 for nail polish too and since I'd already be at the mall, I would need to stop in at Icing and see what they have too, oh and then a trip to Ulta...lol!

      Delete
  6. I'm with C. -- nail polish and matte brown eyeshadows are my downfall. Like I don't have enough already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nail polish is my big weakness. There's a Walgreens about 6 blocks away from me so I pop in there way too often -- a couple times a week probably -- to see if there's something new that calls to me. If someone has a new Wet n Wild, NYC or Sinful Colors display I often can't resist, since those are less guilty pleasures to indulge in. Tinted lip balms and flavored balms are hard to resist, too, especially since they can be had pretty cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm feeling much better after breaking my no buy after Christmas. I was gifted enough things to last me and ended up at CVS often. Doesn't help that my boyfriend works there. Lip products are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a habit of making impulse buys at CVS and the Dollar Tree, especially when CVS has Wet n Wild on sale. Lip glosses are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love the Dollar Tree near me for makeup. They always had so much and it seemed that I was lucky and finding things that others didn't have at their DT store. Now it's the exact opposite, in fact they are getting so few things they downsized the section so that it's about a third of the size it used to be. I'm so sad!

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig