Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 14, 2014

Reader Swatches: Sally Girl Spring 2014 Limited Edition Ice Cream Shoppe Collection

As I mentioned earlier today, if you're heading to Sally Beauty this weekend to take advantage of the 50% off Red Tag Clearance Sale, there are some other goodies to check out right now at your local Sally. One of those goodies is the Spring 2014 Limited Edition Ice Cream Shoppe Collection (click here to see a pic of the display). As most of you know, Sally Girl polishes come in mini bottles (0.18 oz), and they retail for $0.99 each.

The Ice Cream Shoppe Collection contains four speckled polishes, and thanks to reader Ed (@triceratips on Iunstagram and author of Cross Country Beauty blog), I have some beautiful swatches to share with you today. These DEFINITELY remind me of the Deborah Lippmann Staccato Polishes (for a fraction of the price!) but I love that there's also a purple shade in the mix (the Lippmann collection only contains a green, white and pink). Take a look:

image credit: Ed for Nouveau Cheap
Mint Chip
(two coats)

image credit: Ed for Nouveau Cheap
 Grape Sherbert
(two coats)

image credit: Ed for Nouveau Cheap
Cherry Chip
(two coats)

image credit: Ed for Nouveau Cheap
 Chocolate Chip
(two coats)

For macros of each shade and info about application, definitely check out Ed's blog post here.

Again, if you wanted the Lippmann Staccato polishes but didn't care for the price tag, these would be an awesome, affordable alternative at just $0.99 each. But remember, the Sally Girl Ice Cream Shoppe Collection is limited edition for Spring 2014 and can only be found in-store, so don't hesitate to grab them when you see them!

Thanks so very much, Ed, for the awesome swatches. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. They are so cute! Definitely going to Sally's after work today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all four of these last week and they were already going fast at my Sally's. I can't resist anything pastel or sweets-themed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... I have lusted after the Deborah Lippmann versions of these so hard. I really shouldn't go to Sally's this weekend (midterms on Monday! I need to stay in and study!), but after hearing that these are going fast I may just have to make the trip to get them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooo cute! I've wanted to try Deborah Lippman forever! The ice cream colors are adorable! And the chocolate chip reminds me of Oreo Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went there earlier today and they said they had two displays that were wiped out instantly. They might get more next week, so hopefully I'll score some then...I really want all except the white one. On the bright side I did get 3 FingerPaint brand shades that were swatched here that I've been lusting after...one being Renaissance whatever the name is (sorry not home to double check, and wanna finish this comment w/out looking it up.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so burned out on the speckle polish trend. I went to my Sally's today to pick up Push & Shove and saw a display of these wiped out so I might be alone in my boredom with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the price I can grab all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally loooove polishes like this, but have yet to actually own any (which is probably why I still love the trend myself!). For $0.99 each, I will DEFINITELY have to pick some up before they're gone!!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these polishes! Especially the purple! I hope my Sally's still has some left!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh. I have to check it out! these remind me of jelly sandwiches but more creme. so crelly. Or...ice cream.... bahaha now I see what they did there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought all 4 of these and they are awesome. I hadn't realized they were dupes for anything until after I got the first 2. I went back for more. My only gripe is with the brushes. Every single bottle I has looks like someone was gnawing on them. I've noticed it with not only the Sally Girl brand but on quite a few minis also. (my mini Seche from Sally's is horrific)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought mini polishes that have this same look; the brand is called pa and is out of Asia. Super cute; they even have a red one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean these? :)

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/11/review-swatches-pa-nail-color-in-aa66.html

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/03/review-more-milky-glitter-polishes-from.html

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig