Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Lipstick League - week of 2.17.14


Lipstick League Question of the Week

In your opinion, what’s the most overrated beauty product of all time? 

G's answer: I'm going to go with setting sprays. I have tried so many and only a few seem to do what they claim to do (on my skin, at least). I have super oily skin and I have lots of different ways to keep my makeup intact that don't involve a setting spray. The older I get, the more I look for ways to streamline my routine, and setting sprays just seem like a non-essential after-thought. Apologies to those of you who swear by them!

Links of the Week

Phyrra - shares her favorite DIY beauty for eyes, lips and hair.

we heart this - wants to introduce you to a drugstore lip stain that is glossy, pigmented and all kinds of PERFECT.

Clumps of Mascara - has finally tried the brand Yes to Carrots. Not sure what took so long but now I’m in love and can’t stop bragging about their awesomeness !

EauMG - finally found a celebrity perfume to enjoy! Dita Von Teese EDP is a sultry floral over smoldering incense. And the packaging is fit for any glamour gal!

Gouldylox Reviews - What is the best DIY beauty hack? The Makeup Wars team compares their favorites. Which one is yours?

My Beauty Bunny - We're so excited to announce the My Beauty Bunny Exfoliating Moisturizer is now on the virtual shelves! The cruelty-free lotion gently exfoliates and helps minimize fine lines, and works with all skin types.

Nouveau Cheap - What if I told you that there was a new drugstore liquid liner that could change your life? OK, maybe not your life, but it just might change your outlook on liquid liners (in a good way).

Prime Beauty - dreams of being a ballerina but for now she'll settle for looking like one with the LancĂ´me French Ballerine Spring 2014 Collection!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Phyrra - I adore Honey from Honeygirl's World. She covers beauty, fashion and lifestyle. I really like her tutorials and her recent Honey Bella Rosa tutorial combines gold and purple, two of my favorite shades.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Skincare in general, especially anti aging skincare. I have yet to try anything in over 20 years that actually performs as claimed.. at least any more than a basic product you could buy in the drugstore for $10 or less. EVOO has done more miraculous things for my skin (acne, blackheads, hydration, texture, pore size, fine lines and wrinkles, radiance) than any single skincare product I have ever purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda agree with you on setting sprays. Although, I am enjoying the Skindinavia Bridal setting spray I got for my wedding back in September. I don't use it often, but when I do, it keeps my skin matte for a little longer than normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you! And I am in the exact same situation!
    That being said, I love using my setting sprays as liquid bases when I foil my eye shadows. They "stick" much longer, and don't flake quite as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi G.! This is in response to Unknown's post-I used to feel the same way about skincare. Have you ever tried Paula's Choice? Not exactly drugstore prices but I have had very good results w/the products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of agree with Unknown in that skincare products are tough to navigate--especially at the drugstore bc sometimes, the products aren't formulated ideally in a way to let the ingredients best do their the job. I would agree Paula's Choice overall is a great choice for affordable skincare and beyond that, to get a derm to oversee more powerful or even prescription formulations. Retinoids are the gold standard in skincare--they DO take a while to work though and for some people, drugstore versions aren't powerful enough to do much.

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, off the top of my head, I'm going to go with BB creams. While I'm sure there are some good ones out there, most of them are nothing more than tinted moisturizers with the trendy "BB" label slapped on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree the setting sprays seem to be overrated. Sue has a good point with the BB creams, too. While I have bought some and liked a couple, I pretty much just view them as tinted moisturizers. I don't see all the things they promise on their labels; they're just a way to get a bit presentable when I'm in a hurry and don't need to be super polished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAC eyeshadows. I don't find that any of the colors are unique and the formula isn't even that great.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig