Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 14, 2013

Please allow me a moment of your time...


If you could take a moment to read this entire message, I would be forever grateful!

Dear Readers,

With the holidays rapidly approaching and the combination of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, Holiday Sales, End-of-Year Clearances, etc., I want to ask that you have some patience with me and my current scatter-brained behavior  For some reason, THIS holiday season is bigger and crazier than any other that I can remember when it comes to affordable cosmetics (I'm sitting on some mind-blowing deals right now that I'm not at liberty to share with you yet, but trust me, it's going to get even more crazy).

When I decide what to post here on my blog, I go with my gut and I share with you the things that I personally would be excited to know about, if I were a reader. That said, there are obviously things I'm going to miss, so it's more important than ever that you read the You Tell Me page when you visit my blog. And I want to extend an extra-special thank-you to everyone who contributes to that page--you have NO idea how much I appreciate it.

If you love sale alerts, sightings and tips, I also STRONGLY suggest you follow me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook for deals/sightings that I don't always get a chance to post on the blog. For example: if someone tweets me a quick pic of a deal they spotted, I will retweet that pic, but I may not share it anywhere else but on Twitter. Over on Instagram, it's so easy for me to post a quick pic of something I've spotted while shopping (or something a reader has spotted), and I don't always share those pics anywhere but Instagram.

If I don't respond to your Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/Google+/Email/Blog Comments, it's not because of anything else but sheer lack of time. I absolutely LOVE interacting with you. But again, it's "crazy season" and even though it may not always seem like it, I also have a life outside of this blog (shout-out to Mr. G for his patience with me during this time of year).

If you have sent me "spotted" pics of a new collection and I have not responded to you, there's a 98% chance that the collection you've emailed me about has already been covered here on the blog. On my contact form (link is at the top of this blog), I ask that you do a quick blog search before you send me photos, to see if I have already covered the collection. I just want to stress this again because I hate that some of you are spending time and energy sharing pics with me, only to have me not feature them because I've already done a blog post (or several) about the same collection. There's nothing worse than having to write back to you and say, "Thank so much...but I already posted about that a month ago." It makes me sad every time I have to write it!

Also, if you have sent me a pic, sale alert, etc. and I responded and said I would feature it on my blog, and then I did NOT feature it on my blog, I want to apologize to you. At this time of year, things come through, I get distracted, I don't write down what I wanted to post about, and suddenly more deals come through and things get lost in the shuffle. I'm so sorry for that and please know it's absolutely unintentional.

One last thing:  If the winter edition of the CVS Beauty Clearance Sale starts at the same time that it did last year (and the year before that), Then it's rapidly approaching and should be here the first week of December. If this happens, then the bad habits I listed above are only going to get worse, so I apologize in advance for that!

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your support and patience as we get through this crazy holiday season together (with our wallets intact!).

Love,
G. xo
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. No need to apologize, you run this blog for our benefit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G - you are just so awesome for all you do, and I think you can be forgiven for being slightly scatterbrained during the holiday season! Thank YOU for helping me emptying my wallet :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh G, you are amazing! You do so much for us readers and I'm very grateful! Everyone gets a bit scatterbrained this time of year and since we are all human, no getting around it! Thank you again and I hope with all the craziness that is this season, you still have a lovely holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your hard work G! We love you and all the awesome sales, deals and sightings you tell us about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wallets intact??! is that a thing??!

    thanks for taking the time to run the blog and put this extra message together for us G! make sure you get enough downtime during the crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the captain of this ship, you steer by your own stars. Thanks for letting us come along on the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, man - you're doing US a favor by posting your little heart out with all these amazing deals! Don't apologize for being human! You're so awesome!
    - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how you do it, you're a saint! Sometimes I feel like I don't even have enough time to read blogs! You ppl are AMAZINGLY awesome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries G we love what u do and couldn't ask for anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all you do G. for all of us readers that look forward to all your goodies. I know this will sound really sappy but I don't know how to express just how much I love your blog and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the happiest you bring to my day (and to so many others)!!! I hope that you are able to relax and enjoy the season and to everyone definitely use You Tell Me!!!. 🎄❗❗ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're amazing don't thank us, we all owe you a HUGE thanks for what you do on a day to day basis! You're the best G!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, G, we love you SO much! Your honesty makes you that much more relateable =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet. Personally I have no idea how you do it. I am getting overwhelmed just trying to keep up with the sales I wanted to go to. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. G., you are the epitome of graciousness, and it is both an honor and a pleasure to be part of your readership.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love you! Thank you for all that you do for us <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't say it any better than the previous comments. I have read your blog pretty much from the beginning. I appreciate the money you have saved me over the years! You can't possibly cover every deal or sale and no way should you be apologizing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. G, you are the best. Thanks for taking the time to address us even though we already know your heart and effort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for all you do to help us save $$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love your blog G! I don't know how I got along without you <3 I tell people about your blog all the time!! So no worries you are a wallet saver and genuinely sweet and amazing

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know you do your best and we all reap the benefits of it. You are my favorite blog and blotter! Please, continue to go with your gut because I like everything you share.

    ReplyDelete
  21. G, you are amazing! Thank YOU for ALL the hard work that you do. You are such a great help to all of you're subscribers/followers. I like you more & more the more I read & follow. You are SUPER G for all that you manage to accomplish & I am grateful for whatever you share. No ridiculous expectations here. Hope you & Mr. G have a wonderful holiday season! Best wishes & HG discoveries lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. G- totally understandable. I cannot imagine what it must be like. Wishing you the best. Take care of your self first. We can all wait patiently hanging on every word. Just kidding. But truly you and Mr. G should come first. Just know you are in our thoughts and that is why you are flooded with loving e-mails, tweets, ig posts, fb shout outs etc. I don't know of any beauty blogger that is loved as much and has had as much true dedication. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's awesome you're doing ANYTHING over the holiday season. I just want to hide in my house and not come out til Superbowl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. G, You know we all really appreciate what you do - you make our lives easier by telling us where the good buys are! I wanted to personally thank you for this blog - it is absolutely amazing! As a fellow budget-beauty addict, I am so thankful for what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You work so hard! Don't worry I don't know another blog as amazing as yours! Its great and has saved me so much money!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Was just wondering how you manage to do all your daily chores AND run this blog so successfully -- I sure as h#ll could not! With many thanks and much appreciation for all your help!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog; you are doing an amazing job and I appreciate your tips etc. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey G. Suppose we use the hash tag #nouvettes on IG for photos of new products that we take and perhaps it could cut down your email? That way all us Nouvettes could find things thru the hash tag

    ReplyDelete
  29. No worries! You have got me into couponing and your reviews help me so much. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your blog and you do a GREAT job not only covering sales, collections, etc but doing so with humor and affection. Thanks for everything you do, G!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig