Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 9.30.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

What are some of your favorite hand creams for the fall and winter months?

G's answer: When fall and winter come around, I always, always go back to my Holy Grail hand cream, JR Watkins Shea Butter Lemon Cream Hand Cream. PS: I picked up one of the Gud by Burt's Bees hand creams that are now at Big Lots for $2 (I got the scent Pearanormal Activity) and it's too thick and waxy-feeling for me. I do love it for feet though!

Links of the Week

Clumps of Mascara - As if you needed any other reason to love Tarte, I have so graciously given you 5 Reasons Why Tarte Rocks. Tell your wallet “I’m sorry”.

EauMG - A name like “Hedonist” is a lot to live up to when you’re selling to card carrying pleasure-seekers, but EauMG thinks that Viktoria Minya Hedonist perfume lives up to its name! Rum, peaches, white florals and vanilla tobacco...indulgent.

Gouldylox Reviews - Looking for the perfect red? I've picked my favorites from pricey stores to drugstores. Which is your favorite?

My Beauty Bunny - has partnered with Wantable for a fantastic giveaway worth close to $600! Click here to enter to win a Stella McCartney Noemi Jungle Print Tote filled with cruelty free makeup from Au Naturale, Lavera, Brazen and more!

Nouveau Cheap - Nail polish that comes in little “vintage perfume bottles” and smells of red wine and Italian leather? Yes and yes. Come check out my review of four of the new Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Lacquers.

Pink Sith - is all aglow because of her new favorite facial scrub and cleanser from Suki.

Prime Beauty - Can an *ahem* older woman still give off a hip vibe? This old lady can with the Urban Decay Shattered Face Case! Take a look.

Phyrra - shares the best ways to organize your beauty stash! You'll be surprised by some of the options!

we heart this - discovers a $3 eye liner that rivals brands 6 times its price. Click to see who makes it!

Beauty Junkies Unite - Amber reviews and swatches one of Urban Decay's gift sets for the holidays, the Black Market 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil collection.

Chalkboard Nails - Big Brother is watching you in this eye pattern nail art inspired by George Orwell’s 1984.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Clumps of Mascara - Annelise of Aunie Sauce is such an amazingly wonderful spirit. We first met when she emailed me about her struggle with trichotillomania and I’ve been following her journey through life, love, beauty, fashion and fitness ever since.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Gold Bond ultimate intensive healing. Dries down to a smooth non greasy finish quickly, gives great moisture that lasts. The body lotion is also my HG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shea Moisture LE hand creams (found at Target around the Holidays, possibly Walgreens too, but I've never spotted them there.) They come in a 2 pack set in Coconut Hibiscus and Frankencense & Myrr. I first got them 2 or 3 yrs ago and fell in love...then picked up more last winter and noticed that they weren't as thick as the pair from yrs back. They are still my fav, but I rather the more dense formula. I also love everything about Charity Pot by Lush. Smells like cocoa butter (fair trade), $ is donated to charity indicated on package, and it deeply moisturizes. Bonus is that all the above work great to tame hair frizzies, so I usually use the residual extra to lightly run over my flyaways. When y hands are really bad, I find foot cream does the trick, my go-to for the past 6 months or so has been Lush Fair Trade Foot cream (smells like mint chocolate chip!!!) The only downside of the Lush creams I mentioned is that they come in a tub, should be okay as long as hands are freshly washed prior to applying, or keep a broken plastic spoon inside for sanitary scooping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm I love JR Watkins Lemon Cream. I think it's the reason I craze all things lemony-cakey now

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend gave me some Aveda hand cream, which I really love, since it feels good and smells good. I've got tons of other stuff, too, that I buy because I like the scent, etc., but the Aveda is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite fond of my Wei East lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for highlighting Annelise's blog. I have trich, too, but I never talk about it and pretend it doesn't exist, and that I'm not missing any hairs. I bookmarked her blog, started reading it, and bookmarked some other blogs she linked.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig