Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature Blackberry Eau de Toilette

I'm prone to placing random Yves Rocher orders (how can you resist their frequent sales and freebies??) and in a recent order I decided to take the plunge and purchase their Blackberry eau de toilette in the travel-size bottle. The Les Plaisirs Nature Collection fragrances come in full size bottles as well ($12), but the cute little travel-size versions are affordably-priced (even when not on sale) at just $6. I like that because, if I'm purchasing something that I've never sniffed before, it's not a huge commitment if it doesn't work for me.

 Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nautre Blackberry Eau de Toilette
(retail: $6, 0.67 oz)

Again, you can purchase this product on the Yves Rocher website where it often goes on sale. There's also a full-size version (3.4 oz) for $12. You can also get bath cubes, lotion and shower gel in this fragrance--just search "blackberry" on the Yves Rocher website and all of the options will pop up.


Yves Rocher fragrances are made in France and I like that this one actually contains blackberry fruit extract and not just a synthetic version of blackberry like a lot of other inexpensive fragrances.


Some of you may be too young to remember this but, back in the day, The Body Shop made a perfume oil called Dewberry (you can see a bottle shot of it here). They still make a Dewberry body wash, but the perfume oil was ridiculously popular in the late 80s and early 90s. Well, I dare say that Yves Rocher Blackberry is the closest I've come to finding a dupe for The Body Shop Dewberry.

To my nose, there's more going on in this fragrance than just straight up blackberry. I smell black currant as well, and lots of it. It's a rich, syrupy, sweet and tart fragrance that makes my mouth water every time I sniff it. I think that if you like black currant and blackberry fragrances, you might enjoy this one quite a bit.

Staying power is very decent for me. The Les Plaisirs fragrances are generally pretty fleeting, but this one seems to stay around a bit longer (around four hours for me).

FINAL VERDICT: If you like black currant or blackberry fragrances, this could be a fun option for you to consider the next time you're placing an Yves Rocher order. I definitely love it, because it very much reminds me of the long-ago discontinued Dewberry perfume oil from The Body Shop. It's got that same rich, syrupy, dark berry vibe to it as The Body Shop fragrance, but it comes in a much more convenient spray bottle.

Do you own any Yves Rocher Les Plaisirs Nature products? What are some of your favorites?

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. The first thing I thought of when I saw the bottle shot was of the Body Shop's Dewberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really nice! I love the scent of blackberries. Nice review G!

    xoxo aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up a strawberry fragrance when I was in Paris, and it is absolutely mouth-watering! I definitely regret not picking up more while I was in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, a dupe for Dewberry? I must check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for introducing me to Yves Rocher in March, G! I have been loving my Monoi Eau des Vahines since then :)Will you recommend me more fragrances from them I should try? I love musky/spice/floral scents xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon. If I may, I could rec a few that all happen to be from the same YR line. The collection is called Secrets D'Essences, -Vannile Noir -Iris Noir and Voile D'Ambre. Comme Une Evidence is another choice frag. Ps I hope they are still making the iris and the amber, b/c I haven't seen them in recent catalogs...have to check online. Also, if you like a clean, yet woodsy scent YR makes a mens frag called Comme Une Evidence Homme Green and it is sooo fresh, who cares if its marketed to guys, lol. The notes in that one are patchouli, lime, mint and sage. I had the hair + body wash before, but i'd wear the frag for sure. :)

      Delete
  6. Omg! This is too funny...I just finished a bottle of this (same size, but w the older label) and just put it out in the recycle bin 2 days ago, LOL!!! It really does have staying power (for me too) for a cheapie frag...hey I mean that in a good way of course. I also love the Vanille Bourbon, but again its the older bottle design...not sure if the juice has changed w newer packaging. As far as the new bottles, I have the Coconut and its so nice...kinda inscence-y, and earthy. I like to use it as a base to layer w scents that could use more grounding once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for reviewing all the quality products from Yves Rocher. I got the Monoi Eau des Vahines and the matching hair/body oilbased on your review. Have you sniffed any of the men's fragrances? I would *love* a review from Mr. G!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE MONOI perfume and oil. It's a signature scent for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this EDT, but I prefer raspberry :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig