Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, June 21, 2013

Five Buck Friday

It's time once again for Five Buck Friday! For new readers, this is a series I created to showcase some of my favorite and very affordable beauty products that I personally own and have repurchased. The grand total of everything I feature in these posts always adds up to just five bucks! So let's get started with this week's picks...

LypSyl Intense Protection Honey Berry Lip Balm SPF15 (retail: around $2.99 at most major drug/mass/grocery stores). Made with pure Swedish beeswax which is known for being "ultra light," I reviewed this lip balm many moons ago here, and it's still a favorite of mine. Not only does it smell and taste delicious (like, well, honey and berries!) but it delivers fantastic moisturization in a creamy yet lightweight and super-smooth formula. And who can resist that packaging with the little honey bee on the slider? Well, I guess vegans can resist this balm due to the beeswax and honey (sorry, my vegan friends!).

Sally Beauty Sally Girl Mini Squeeze Tube Lipgloss in Hoopla (retail: $0.99 at Sally Beauty stores and online). The Sally Beauty house brand, Sally Girl, has some fun and ridiculously affordable products (I featured their Connecting Eyeshadows in a past Five Buck Friday post) and one of my favorite 99-cent items from the Sally Girl line is their sheer red gloss in the shade Hoopla. I reviewed it way back in 2009 and I still adore it. It's a gorgeous, sheer red that's not sticky, has great staying power and it smells and tastes like chocolate covered cherries. Win, win, win!

Wet n Wild Coloricon Eyeliner Pencil in Bronzed 660A (retail: $0.99 wherever Wet n Wild is sold). I love so many of the 99-cent Coloricon eyeliners because they're a great way to experiment with color without breaking the bank. One shade in particular that I've "rediscovered" lately in my stash is Bronzed 660A (I used it a few years ago in the first eye look in this post). It's such a beautiful, shimmery golden-bronze that I think is perfect for summertime. The staying power on my upper lashline is great (all-day wear) but it does tend to fade after a few hours on my lower lashline if I don't set it with eyeshadow first. Either way, it's a steal at $0.99 especially if you're not sure if you can pull off golden-bronze liner.

That's it for this edition of Five Buck Friday! Do you already own any of the products featured above? I'd love to hear from you!

Some of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.Blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews. For more information, click here.

Some of the products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've never heard of Lypsyl, but I'm going to look for it next time I'm at Walgreens...it sounds fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a non-mint flavored Lypsyl :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Lypsyl was just for cold sores, which is why I never purchased it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen Lypsyl but never tried it. By chance I stopped at Walgreens and saw some on clearance, so I picked up the "plain" one (they didn't have Honeyberry) for $1.50. It is a nice formula. I like it better than Burt's Bees since it is lighter and it's longer lasting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried lypsyl but I will give it a try !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I've read about it, I was going to get LypSyl with the last of my allowance... but do you think it's worth it? And should I get Original or Honey Berry?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig