Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, December 14, 2009

Review: LypSyl lip balm (made with Swedish beeswax for extra smoooothness)

As you all know by now, I am a lip balm junkie. Any opportunity I have to receive and review lip balm, I welcome with open arms!

Recently I received some tubes of LypSyl lip balm for review, and I have to say that the oval-shaped tube, combined with the honey-bee slider button, immediately sucked me in! I always say that I'm a sucker for any lip balm that comes in non-traditional packaging, and LypSyl had me at hello with their tube:

(Top: Honey Berry LypSyl with SPF 15, bottom: Original Formula LypSyl)


But what I love even more than their packaging is the fact that LypSyl lip balms are made with great ingredients such as certified organic shea butter, vitamin E and Swedish beeswax which, according to LypSyl's website, is what sets their balm apart from the others:

The secret behind the LypSyl is pure Swedish beeswax, ultra light to spread evenly and penetrate deeply, for unsurpassed moisturizing and protection.

So Swedish bees make a wax that is ultra light? Interesting, and that totally explains why this lip balm is one of the smoothest I've ever put on my lips. It literally glides across your lips like satin, and when I rub my lips together it is smooooth, I tell you.

The traditional LypSyl has a nice minty scent and texture, but my favorite by far is the Honey Berry. I'm addicted to the scent, which really is a perfect combo of honey and berries. The flavor almost reminds me of fresh grapes, which of course is fabulous as well.

And look at how cute the lid is!


I just love the oval-shaped stick! I've never seen another lip balm like it!

Now here's the best part: LypSyl products are available everywhere! You can get yourself a tube at Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS, Duane Reed, Drugstore.com, Bed Bath and Beyond, and lots of other places. The retail price of LypSyl lip balm is around $2.99, which is great considering how moisturizing this balm is (and don't forget that adorable packaging!).

Have you tried LypSyl lip balms before? Are you considering giving them a whirl? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I have a tube of the Honey Berry, and I love it, and use it constantly during the summer. Fall-spring I use Carmex, because nothing else works well enough during my Minnesota winters. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the original formula and I love it! Its a must have in my purse :) I like the cute bee on the side ♥ It smells like peppermint patti! The shape was a bit odd but I got used to it.
    I think I'm going to try out HoneyBerry next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi: You have a great system! If I lived where its gets extremely cold, I think I'd copy you! lol. :)

    Siluet: OMG, I just smelled the original formula again and you are SO right! It smells exactly like a Peppermint Patty! I love that! lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am putting together a gift package for three friends in Scotland and this is the kind of cute, cheap, girly product i will be adding to it!! thanks for the tip- i'd never heard of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifulmonday: I am so glad I could help! I think this would be a perfect little gift to include in a care package, for sure. You are very sweet to be doing this for your friends! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the original and use it every morning. I put it on while I'm getting ready in the morning. By the time I'm done and ready to put on my lipstick and/or gloss, my lips are nice and smooth and soft. This is by far the best that I've tried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ADDICTED to this. I use lip balm daily and I never run out but this is my third tube of this. In the winter my lips get so flaked that the dead skin is caked on. It cured this in 15 min!!!! I highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone. The smell and tastes amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY want one of these now... Which one is better though, the honey-berry one or the original? Please help my dilemma so I can get one soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. KP3girl: They're on sale for 99 cents at Walgreens now, so you can get both! However, if you just want one, I recommend the original mint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. IKR I TRIED IT AND WAS INSTANTLY HOOKED. IT HEALS SO WELL AND HYDRATES AND HAS NO BAD TASTE ITS LIKE A HOMEMADE ONE BUT A TRILLION TIMES BETTER

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beware girls, this stuff is highly addictive! I started using Lypsyl lipbalm in my teens - 30 years ago and my lips cannot live without it now.
    I have a tube in every room in the house, every pocket, every bag and will take several when I go away anywhere. I rarely wear lipstick because my lips crave the lipsyl. And here's the thing, nothing else will do! Not Vaseline, or the high-end lip balms or salves.
    Some 10 years ago, it became difficult to get hold of where I live in the UK. I now buy approximately 50 at a time in case they stop making it.
    It is even what many of the people I have known over the years, remember about me most.
    The moral of this story is try to give your lips a break from this now and again or get accustomed to the panic that have forgotten it at home and so must find a stockist asap.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig