Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 6, 2013

(UPDATED WITH MORE PHOTOS) Spotted: Maybelline Summer 2013 Dream Sun Bronzing Powders and Bronzing Face Illuminators

UPDATE: There are six shades of powder bronzer in this display and I just added more photos of each shade to the end of this post.

Longtime reader Cheryl R. spotted the new Maybelline Summer 2013 Bronzer display at her local Bed Bath & Beyond and was kind enough to share some pics with us!

NOTE: I do not see the words "limited edition" on this display, but I believe these are limited edition since Maybelline usually indicates the season ("Summer 2013") on their LE displays.

image  credit: Cheryl R. for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Maybelline Summer 2013 Dream Sun Bronzing Powder bronzers and
Bronzing Face Illuminators

Keep reading for more photos!

image  credit: Cheryl R. for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder bronzers

 image  credit: Cheryl R. for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Bronzing Face Illuminators

UPDATE: I can now confirm that there is just ONE shade of face illuminator (above). Also, I spotted this collection at Bed Bath & Beyond recently--here are some photos of all six bronzers. There are three different types of bronzers in this collection: "Matte," "Glow," and "Four Seasons." I'm not sure what "Four Seasons" means in terms of finish, but the "Glow" bronzers all seem to have a slight sheen to them:

100 Glow Light

110 Glow Medium

120 Matte Light

130 Matte Medium

140 Four Seasons Light

 150 Four Seasons Medium

 Please don't rely on the photos above as 100% color-accurate. They were taken under fluorescent lighting and by the time I got home, I couldn't really remember their true colors, therefore I couldn't color-adjust them to appear more accurate. But HOPEFULLY this gives you at least some idea of the types of shades available in this collection!

Have you spotted this display in your area yet? Are you excited to new MATTE powder bronzers coming to the drugstore?

Thanks so much, Cheryl R., for the great sighting and photos!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Omg I didn't know bed bath and beyond sold cosmetics. Do you know if all Do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely NOT. The best thing to do is call around to your local stores and ask them if they have an ”extended beauty department.” The website is kind of unreliable about that.

      There are several BBB stores in my area (San Diego) but only two stores have an extended beauty department so it's worth it to call around.

      Delete
  2. Ask if they have a Harmons or Drugstore section. BBB is where I get most of my drugstore products, they are so much cheaper! And they usually have the endcaps first. I wonder if the face illuminators are the same as touch of light Maybelline released last year. I never saw it in stores but I'd love to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two shades? That looks like 3, but maybe it's just the lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need more bronzer like I need a hole in the head, but I can't wait to snag these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these at BBB as well. The one near me has the biggest selection of cosmetics and toiletries I have ever seen. I had literally JUST splurged on a Smashbox bronzer because of the lack of matte drugstore options. I wonder how this compares? It's so new it's not even on the Maybelline website yet, which is kinda crazy since it's already out in stores. I am very happy with my Smashbox but looking forward to reviews of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know this is a bit late, but I hope you see it! There is a great matte bronzer by revlon - it has four shades and is usually next to the cream blushes in the display. I think it is in the photo ready line, and the shade is "bronzed & chic". Hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. I saw four different Dream Sun pressed powders at my BB&B. One was Bronzing Posder Glow (in 100 - Glow Light). Another was Bronzing Powder Matte (in 130 - Matte Medium). One was Bronzing Powder Four Seasons (in 150 - Four Seasons Medium). The fourth one someone had opened and ripped off the tab that gives the number and name, but it was something Light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that they have matte shades, but they all look a tad orangey, and since I only use bronzer for contouring (I'm quite happy with my pale skin, thanks), I need something cooler. I have enough orangey bronzers as it is -_-

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig