Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 25, 2013

My 10DollarMall.com haul (with a special alert for San Diego readers)

A little while ago, one of you either tweeted me, sent me a message on Facebook or left a comment here on the blog about 10dollarmall.com. If it was you, please leave a comment here so I can thank you! I meant to post your tip when I received it but, as often happens around here, thing got crazy with the new LE releases and I proceeded to lose control of my in-box. My apologies, and again please leave a comment here if it was you!

For those who don't know, 10dollarmall.com is a discount website for clothing, accessories and makeup. Right now they have a ton of NYX products on their website, and shipping is only $1.99 (free if you spend $50 or more).

And if you live in San Diego (like me), you may not be aware of this already, but all of the Everything Under $10 stores in the San Diego area have changed over to 10DollarMall.com retail locations! I visited a few of them here in San Diego over the weekend and I thought I'd share my haul with you in case you're in SD too.

Note: the items I'm about to show you are not on the website--they're in-store only. Sorry for those outside of San Diego, but you can get some of these items at other retailers and beauty supply stores, so hopefully it's still helpful!

Kleancolor Nail Lacquers in Chunky Holo Black, Chunky Holo Clover, Chunky Holo Bluebell, Nail to Toe Nail Art in Popping Green
(retail: $0.99 each at 10DollarMall.com retail locations)

I have no idea why that first shade is named Chunky Holo Black since there's no black in this color (as you will soon see). But anyway, the 10DollarMall.com locations in San Diego have a nice selection of Kleancolor polishes and a separate rack of Kleancolor Nail Art polishes in lots of colors and finishes. All of the Kleancolor polishes are $0.99 each.

Keep reading to see what else I got (and some swatches)...

Here are the three "holo" polishes without any base color (three coats of each color):

 Chunky Holo Black, Chunky Holo Clover, Chunky Holo Bluebell

One coat of each polish over black:

  Chunky Holo Clover, Chunky Holo Bluebell, Chunky Holo Black


And here's a quick look at the Kleancolor Nail to Toe polish in Popping Green:


I was able to easily do these stripes and the brush was nice to work with, as well as the formula. This teal is very opaque!

Here's the rest of my haul:

 Green wooden necklace, $0.99

I love pops of green and I love wooden necklaces, so this one was a no-brainer for $0.99!

The 10dollarmall.com stores in San Diego also have a nice, large display of L.A. Colors products and they're all $0.99 each. Here's what I got:
 L.A. Colors Jumbo Eye Pencil in Sand Castles
L.A. Colors Eyeshadow Single in Bare Mauve
($0.99 each at 10dollarmall.com retail locations)


I'm hoping that this shadow is a dupe for MAC Wedge. I will do a comparison post if anyone is interested--just let me know in the comments!


The color of this pencil is actually a bit warmer than what you see here--it's a taupeish-brown shimmer.

And here's a quick shot of part of the cosmetics section:


All of the cosmetics above are either Kleancolor or Cherimoya (I believe Kleancolor owns Cherimoya). I have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed (everything was $1.99 each) because I am not terribly familiar with the makeup from Kleancolor or Cherimoya. Lots and lots of mascaras, gel liners, liquid liners and on the bottom right were these really pretty blush palettes (they're actually huge in person) with bright, vivid shades of pink, red and purple. 

Again, if you're in San Diego, check out the list of retail locations here.

Thanks for reading and thanks again to whoever shared the tip about the NYX products on their 10dollarmall.com website!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh boy, im in trouble now! Kleancolor and LA colors??!! Did you see any NYX in the stores??

    ReplyDelete
  2. G, did you see this on the website?

    Share With Friends, Get a $10 Gift Card
    For each time you invite a friend that spends over $10, 10DollarMall.com will credit your account with a $10 gift card after your friend's first purchase has shipped. Your friend must be a new 10DollarMall.com member for you to receive credit and must purchase $10 or more (not including shipping). There is no limit to the amount you can earn!

    -------------------

    You should sign up if you haven't already, and leave a referral in case any of us decide to buy ourselves a few goodies! Why shouldn't you get some credit for enabling us even more! lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't recommend buying NYX on this site. They are basically the same price as on Ulta.com and few things are a little cheaper on Ulta. Not to mention they have a BOGO 1/2 off sale on NYX.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These stores are my FAVE in SD! Lemon Grove location is the best. Whenever I'm in town ( from Vegas...5 hr drive LOL) I still go there, specifically. The makeup section now is amazing, and I still pick up the cutest shoes and accessories. I'm going there this weekend and plan to stock up~!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, G.! You get all the good stuff out there! I am hoping to score some more Klean Color at the regional market if we ever get warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *raises hand* Me! I'm all about finding dupes! I'd like to see if that LA Colors is a dupe for Wedge. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig