Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 18, 2013

Spotted: Maybelline Limited Edition Spring 2013 Fashion Week Color Goes Electric Collection

Whoo hoo! It's time again for another Maybelline Limited Edition Fashion Week collection! I've covered so many of these over the years, and it never gets old! Maybelline always seems to have something fun up their sleeves when it comes to the Fashion Week collections and it's so fun to try and predict the next big "must-have" item in each collection. (I'm still coveting the LE Olive Martini Quad from the Fall 2012 Fashion Week Collection!)

Reader Beatrice spotted this collection at Walgreens recently and was kind enough to share some beautiful pics with us. Take a peek!

NOTE: Based on past Maybelline Fashion Week Collections, there may be other displays in this collection that contain limited edition lipglosses and, perhaps, more limited edition nail colors. If you spot any of those displays in your area, please do let us know!

 image credit: Beatrice for Nouveau Cheap
Maybelline Limited Edition Spring 2013 Fashion Week Color Goes Electric Collection

 Every single item in this display, with the exception of one eyeliner, is limited edition. 

Keep reading for a closer look...


(Click any photo to supersize)

image credit: Beatrice for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Master Drama Mechanical Cream Pencils:
300 Black Spark, 200 Stormy Navy400 Midnight Master (permanent), 100 Purple Punch
Limited Edition Color Show Nail Colors:
905 Precious Plum, 900 Alluring Rose 

image credit: Beatrice for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Color Sensational Vivids Lipsticks:
970 Electric Fuchsia, 975 Pop of Cherry, 980 Orange Edge, 985 Infra-Red

image credit: Beatrice for Nouveau Cheap
Limited Edition Eyestudio Eyeshadow Quads:
700 Natural XXX, 500 XXX, 800 Electric XXX, 600 Striking Blue 
Limited Edition Blushes:
215 Golden Fuse, 205 Wild Blossom , 201 Coral Burst 

(Sorry for all the Xs but I couldn't make out the full names on some of the quads.)

I'm going to go ahead and predict right now that the blush in Golden Fuse is going to be a big hit, since it definitely looks reminiscent of a certain blush by NARS, wouldn't you say? Wild Blossom looks like it could be a gorgeous highlighter for those of you with cool skintones. And of course I have a feeling that all of those LE Vivids lipsticks are going to find their way home with many of you!

What do you think of the new Fashion Week collection from Maybelline? How do you think it compares to previous Maybelline Fashion Week collections?

Thanks again, Beatrice, for the sighting and beautiful pics!
SHARE:

35 comments

  1. YES! I am loving the Vivids right now & all four of them looks like they may come home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need all the blushes and lipsticks. I hope they come to Rite Aid or CVS really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope these come to CVS and Rite Aid soon. I need all the blushes and lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH I love the vivids!! I wish these weren't LE, I am now on the hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got about half the Vivids that were released earlier and I LOVE them so I will prolly pick up the new ones but I NEED those blushes!!!! NEED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have they released any more color tattoos? (She whinges.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Golden Fuse & Coral Burst MUST be mine STAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oohh I like the look of those blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got all but 2 color vivids, vibrant mandarin, and pink pop. I planned on adding vibrant mandarin to my collection... But now that these bad boys are out I almost feel like buying pink pop (even though it would look awful on me), just so I can pick these up, and have 'em all!

    Oy Vey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, golden fuse... Grr! I've got way too many golden highlights! But that probably won't stop me from picking this one up.

    I'm going to try and hold off until I read some reviews, and see it swatched!

    ReplyDelete
  11. & I need all 4 vivid lipstick shades now... I own, swatched, & reviewed all the other shades so now I'm obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The texture of these vivids it's just slightly off from the ones released earlier...these feel just a little more slick but not so much that it's a problem

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the fushia flash lipstick and it's by far the most amazing pink I've ever owned I highly recommend it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lipsticks look worth grabbing! Damn those vivids.. so fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. makes me wonder why all the sudden maybelline is producing all these highly pigmented lipsticks and glosses and shadows.....i mean they never got it right before but now they seem to be listening.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh, going to be hunting those Vivids..I love them!!! Thanks for postying this. been to Walgreens but have not seen them yet! Will keep on going until I find them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i can't get enough of the Vivid shades....and this whole collection is definitely something i am going to look for today while i run other errands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can anyone please tell me what the scent is like on the Vivid lipsticks? I really want to try them but the last time I bought a Maybelline lip product I was so grossed out by the scent that I never wore it! It was a few years ago and don't remember exactly which one it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Vivids have the same scent as the regular Color Sensational lipsticks, which smell kind of like sweetened play-doh. It's a weird smell, but I kind of like it.

      Delete
  19. OMG! Gotta catch 'em all! SO in love with the Maybelline Vivids right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to try the natural eyeshadow quad and the coral burst blush!! Loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybelline, what are you doing to my wallet?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These Maybelline color vivids are sssoooo awesome! I hope my Wags gets these this week, and maybe I might be able to snap them up on BOGO 50% !!!

    The Wags by my work had a single display (not like one shown here) with about 6 or more LE polishes. I forgot my phone in the car so maybe tmrw I'll go back for a pic

    ReplyDelete
  23. Infra Red was part of a LE collection last year. I was disappointed by it, since it was an orange red and those look terrible on me.

    That periwinkle blush would be more suited for me as an eyeshadow..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Digging the Vivid lipsticks! I love the color pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  25. At first I was only drawn to the lipsticks and thought the eyeshadow quads boring, but it looks like there is a bright periwinkle(the only blue I can pull off!) in there which is hard to find at the drugstore. I'd hate to buy it for 1 shadow though.

    Aren't most of these lipstick colors already covered in the Vivids? (I haven't tried them yet but they look great)

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG the blush! Especially the Coral one (and the gold!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!! I can't believe they already have LE Vivids out..lol..I'll have to be checking these out!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just picked all 3 blushes. The middle blush in the pictures look like a light highlight but in person is a purple/pink actual blush. All of the blushes have great pigmentation. The display in my walgreens was the same as the display here.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just picked up all 3 blushes. The above pic is washing the middle blush out its actually a pink/purple blush not a highlight shade. All three has great pigmentation and my display at walgreens was the same as the pic shown here no glosses or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just came back from my Walgreens and they had a 3-4 foot tall display for this collection. The shelves had (from top to bottom) nail polishes, Vivid lipsticks, ColorSensational glosses, eyeshadow quads, blushes, eyeliner, and mascara. I don't know if any of the eyeliner colors or mascaras were LE (I don't think they were) and I don't even know which of the nail polishes were/weren't LE because I didn't check, but the blushes and Vivids were the same as the ones in your pics, and the lipglosses were all LE. They didn't have any of the Electric Fuchsia lipstick left so I ended up getting the Fiercely Fuchsia gloss. There were also a rose (Roomiest Rose? I forget), pink (Punch of Pink), and plum lipgloss shades (plus some others that I also forget). I wanted to take a pic but I only had my phone and I can't transfer pictures off my phone! :(

    ReplyDelete
  31. I saw this post and got so excited, but I can't find it near me :( started searching online and I found it on Amazon :)
    Ordered me the #970 Vivid Electric Fuchsia and 2 Lip Glosses #230 Punch of Pink and #250 Riveting Rose, I also got the baked blush #210 Coral burst.
    I can't wait to get everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I saw the big display with lipglosses at Walgreens today, but didn't take a picture because I remembered that you had already posted about the collection - and now that I am re-checking this post, I see that you don't have pictures of the lipglosses. They are the newish high shine glosses in the square tubes, and they are marked as LE.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just thought I'd post an update to my previous comment.
    I already received all my new Maybelline goodies!!
    I'm LOVING the Riveting Rose Lip Gloss, nicely pigmented and looks great on me.
    The Electric Fuchsia lipstick is slightly more pigmented than the fuchsia flash from the regular vivids.
    I don't care that I spent some more money, now I have what I want without having to wait, and I received it 3 days after ordering..
    Thanks for letting us know about this new collection!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig