Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, January 25, 2013

Five Buck Friday


This week's Five Buck Friday post is devoted to something many of us use on a daily basis: hair elastics (aka ponytail holders). I know that some of you have your favorites and you're probably quite devoted to them, but I've always been kind of a "hair elastic floozy." I've spent years (decades, actually), jumping from brand to brand and style to style, without any loyalty to one particular product. Well, I've finally found my perfect hair elastic, so I'm excited to share it with you, in case you, too, are a hair elastic floozy!

Goody Slide-Proof Black Elastics (retail: between $5 and $3.50, wherever Goody products are sold). Since these range in price and go all the way up to $5 at certain retailers, this is going to be the only product in this installment of Five Buck Friday (but you can definitely get these on sale at most major drugstores for less than $5).

Keep reading to find out exactly why these hair elastics have made me stop my floozy ways...

So here's why I love these elastics. First of all, they don't contain any metal. Second, the "twisted" texture of these bands keeps my ponytail more firmly in place than any other hair elastic I've used from the drugstore. I cannot stand it when my ponytail "slouches" and these babies keep my ponytail "high and tight" all day long, which is kind of a small miracle. I also love the fact that they pull off easily and cleanly, with very minimal pain (sorry, but taking my ponytail down always hurts and that will never change, but these make the experience more pleasant). I also love that, possibly due to their twisted texture, they don't seem to stretch out as quickly as regular, smooth hair elastics. I also haven't experienced any snapping/breaking from these yet, and I've been using them constantly since I bought them on sale at CVS about six months ago.

You can purchase these in little "mixed packs" that also contains some smooth hair elastics (here's the "Night and Day" set that I bought at my local CVS for $3.50). Target also sells a "Gold Chain" pack that contains these little twisted elastics here. I wish I knew of a retailer that sold JUST the Slide-Proof (twisted) ones, but I don't think I've seen them offered on their own as of the time of this post (if you have, please do leave a comment and let us know where you found them!).

That's it for this installment of Five Buck Friday. I hope this helps those of you who are in search of a good, affordable ponytail holder that you can find at the drugstore! If you have tried the Goody Slide-Proof Elastics, I'd love to hear how they've worked for you!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I thought I was the only one who said 'Floozy' anymore! Hahah, I might look into these since I need to put my hair up for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tweeted you a link for a 10 count on drugstore.com and found that the 20 count is listed under the same price $3.99. There is also a buy 1 get one 50% off on goody items. I have found that the ones that I have bought at target snapped on me much easier than the ones I ordered from drugstore.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I discovered these elastics a few months ago, and they are amazing! I bought a 10-pack of JUST the slide-proof ones at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my favorite too! They're the only elastics I've found that won't slide out of my hair when I'm working out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried Goody, I just get the package of like 20 from the dollar store. Even though each one stretches out between a week to 2 weeks, a whole package can last me a while for only a dollar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using these for a few years myself for sports! Can make thru any length run or work.out with them. Also occasionally I buy an off brand of these at the Dollar Tree and they work great too! Plus you get about 12 and all different colors. P.s. Goody also makes a hair band like these too that stay put with no head ache!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these, or did when my hair was long enough to pull back in a ponytail. I was able to find a three-pack of them on Amazon for about $12 total - if you search for "goody slide proof" you can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unless I'm confusing these with another hair tie, I've tried these and didn't like them. My hair is thick and super tangly, so I felt like it was pulling my hair out when I took it off. The plastic part that provides a good grip also seemed to be grabbing onto my hair when it came time for removal. I'm glad it works well for others, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig